It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant on threads getting removed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It drives me insane. Why must my posts be moved to the trash bin. Just lock the thread. It's not like I posted something that can't be seen by the general public. I hate when my topics get censored anyways.

A few minutes ago my thread was put in the trash bin all because the mods don't discuss banning of members. Fair enough, a rule is a rule. But I really don't see the point in removing a off topic thread.

/rant

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

You cant create threads about people being removed. Full stop.

It's in the rules somewhere.

This will get removed too I think.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

...my rant will get removed. The day that happens is a sad day indeed.

As I said the rules are the rules, however I feel that moving to the trash bin is degrading to me. I don't know why I just don't like the term. Hmmm

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The Mods and owners are of course the ultimate authority, after all this is their website. My question is: Why can you not discuss the banning of members, if it is/was a justifiable reason, a discussion of the reason should not be off limits. My initial feeling on this is that this website is being censored to avoid conflict which is odd being that it is a website based on the idea of conflict....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I thought ATS would be a place for freedom of speech, but we can't even hear or express opinions on a member that was both respected and hated at the same time, without the thread being taken down. This will probably be removed as well, or one of us will get banned.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I think it's because it is directly disagreeing with the rules of the forum/decisions of the mods.

Ask the mod who will no doubt send you a U2U. Politely of course.

I've had several of my threads shut down, but with reasonable debate I have had them reinstated.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Well to be fair in the thread the discussion reached the point where most people agreed my friend was a troll (shows how much ya know a guy) but anyways it's just the rules.

I just don't like being trashed. Makes me feel unimportant. I'M IMPORTANT TOO!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cannabisaur

I'm not trying to make it about free speech. and heaven forbid one of us gets banned for this. I think that's kinda extreme.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

I'm not trying to make it about free speech. and heaven forbid one of us gets banned for this. I think that's kinda extreme.

yeah i know, but we should be allowed to express our opinion openly about anything and anyone, due to the fact this website is full of conspiracies, government corruption, religious views, etc. I personally am suprised the government hasnt shut the site down, and suprised that a deabatable member was banned, along with your Thread. lol

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I assure you it probably isn't a conspiracy theory.

Anyways I'm off to bed. feel free to rant some more while I sleep. I'll be back on in 7 hours.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by mileysubet

Well to be fair in the thread the discussion reached the point where most people agreed my friend was a troll (shows how much ya know a guy) but anyways it's just the rules.

I just don't like being trashed. Makes me feel unimportant. I'M IMPORTANT TOO!

In that case if he was being a "Troll", and if being a "Troll" is against the T&C then the subject should not have been off limits in my opinion. The Mods should not have any reason to shut the thread down. Their defense for the banning of the aforementioned "Troll" would have been justifiable and provable to be in accordance with the T&C of this website.

To be honest I think that the Mods either did not want to explain them selves or possibly they knew that the decision to ban the "Troll" was controversial and would not stand up to scrutiny of the members of this website and therefore shut the thread down.

PS, You are important

edit on 5-8-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Discussing banned member or why a thread has been trashed is not allowed.
One reason is the drama factor.
And, the proper place to discuss mod action is
Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

Here's a couple of threads on banned member discussion...and why they are not allowed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is now closed.

top topics

join