It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the frustration and anger over God come from ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by jheated5

One could make the argument that everyone has a " belief system " . This personal belief system in many ways is made evident by observing how the person represents themselves .

Only by reducing the positions to primitive and un-nuanced black/white models. This argument is a semantic twist.

Even if we go to philosophy/logic, with an epistemological perspective, it won't hold.
edit on 8-8-2011 by bogomil because: grammar/syntax

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

but when it comes down to what a person choses to believe out of faith on a personal level then they have every right to live as they chose , unless they are harming someone of course .

Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Lol good point but I wouldn't call those posters " triumph of evil " but rather week minded troubled people . Once again , why argue with a tard ? That said if anyone wanted to impose there will on others and had the power to do so then yes I would agree with you 100 % but seeing how they are complete cabbages I would simply avoid being drawn into a " debate " with them , seeing how the effort would be completly lost on them anyways .

It would be the same as debating a drunk on the subway

edit on 8-8-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by racasan

Lol good point but I wouldn't call those posters " triumph of evil " but rather week minded troubled people . Once again , why argue with a tard ? That said if anyone wanted to impose there will on others and had the power to do so then yes I would agree with you 100 % but seeing how they are complete cabbages I would simply avoid being drawn into a " debate " with them , seeing how the effort would be completly lost on them anyways .

It would be the same as debating a drunk on the subway

edit on 8-8-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

It pays never to underestimate the social impact of 'missionaries' from various ideologies.

Religion is as much about social interference, as it is about its intrinsic theological positions. We are not always talking about the decent co-existing religionist; and without getting into presently irrelevant details about inquistion and crusades, it's enough to say, that such attitudes still exist only skin-deep.
edit on 8-8-2011 by bogomil because: grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

" Religion is as much about social interference, as it is about its intrinsic theological positions " .

IMHO religion should have more to do with how a person lives and conducts themselves rather then how they tell others to live . Once again , IMHO , there actions should speak of there faith more then there boasting of there respective beliefs and there dictating to others of how they should live to be more like them .

I think the fact that a lot of people now a days are simply repeaters and not free thinkers has lead to a group thought that is feed by there common ignorance and boasting .

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

" Religion is as much about social interference, as it is about its intrinsic theological positions " .

IMHO religion should have more to do with how a person lives and conducts themselves rather then how they tell others to live . Once again , IMHO , there actions should speak of there faith more then there boasting of there respective beliefs and there dictating to others of how they should live to be more like them .

I think the fact that a lot of people now a days are simply repeaters and not free thinkers has lead to a group thought that is feed by there common ignorance and boasting .

Agreed. An often ignored, but central issue in religion vs religion or religion versus society is the deep existential options of authority as opposed to individualism.

Reading posts from such a perspective, it's not difficult to see, that there's a massive pro-authority campaign at play from some theist directions. From the subtle to the simplistic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Very interesting comment ... " Reading posts from such a perspective, it's not difficult to see, that there's a massive pro-authority campaign at play from some theist directions. From the subtle to the simplistic ."

In your opinion do you see this as the main driving force of battle between the two camps ?
Thanks for that perspective

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Very interesting comment ... " Reading posts from such a perspective, it's not difficult to see, that there's a massive pro-authority campaign at play from some theist directions. From the subtle to the simplistic ."

In your opinion do you see this as the main driving force of battle between the two camps ?
Thanks for that perspective

This is not only one central point inside abrahamic religions, where e.g. the zaddikim cult played an influental, but secretive role.

It can also be seen in Asian religion, where Buddha was a maverick opposing the hierarchial system of hinduism.

The distinction authority vs individualism saturates most major ideologies, and is imo THE categories to be observant of, if mankind and this planet is to survive.

But notice. I'm not trying to reduce it all to a social phenomenon. The distinction goes on into theology also.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I see your point about arguing with them, but it was people such as these that took part in the witch trials, inquisitions, crusades and all the other horrors done in the name of religion

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it
George Santayana

Now it might be an error to give to much attention to such people but the internet has given them a platform to broadcast their rubbish – so I think its best they know they have an opposition to their rubbish, people who won’t just let them get away with it

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
Edmund Burke

and it is people such as these that are doing damage to the public image of religion - maybe that's something that should concern you?

maybe you should look at this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

from the op which by the way got a lot of stars

Atheism is a "all Clear"-Sign for taking no responsibility for "your" actions. It's a free ticket for egoism, narcissism, cheating, lying, violence, vulgarity and indecent behavior. Because according to atheists there is no life after death, it's just this one time that you are here. So "you" want to have as much fun as possible regardless of the consequences for the rest of the world/people. Right?

and this tread was aloud to run, do you think such bigoted nonsense would be passed by the mods if it had been about blacks or jews or any other minority?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

The only type of people that would reply to such a thread are those wanting to feel superior to others , it's sad to tell you the truth .

These types of people give believers a very bad name , once again , very sad .

To bad people were not able to think for themselves rather than being filled with insecurity to the point that they need to conduct themselves in such a manor for a sense of religious well being .

I can understand how such comments would provoke someone to post at such stupidity . I wonder if any believers posted to express there disappointment at such a thread ? Or was it simply used as a feel good rally , I am better then you type thread ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join