It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Sugar Cane dust storm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

No, you missed the point. The OP is getting ill effects from regular sugar cane, the small patch of GMO sugar cane isn't even being harvested near where he is driving.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by firepilot

Who is Roxy Lopez? and please calm down - this thread is not about chemtrails; it's about blowing dust (possibly containing Monsanto Frankenstein-like particles) from sugarcane fields in Hawaii and the possibility of those causing asthma during harvest. And - you are winning this argument anyway because for Joe Blow to try and fight Monsanto in league with the USDA and the Army is way beyond David and Goliath. It's going to take an act of God.

Roxy Lopez is one of the latest chemtrailers making all kinds of youtube videos, including alleging that we are mining the Moon and possibly Mars too. And for us to be increasing the amount of Al in the Earth like some chemmies allege, we would have to be bringing it here from somewhere else.

I hear a lot more hysteria than reason, when it comes to GMO crops, and its usually by people who live where food is abundant and arent going hungry. Asthma has lots of possible triggers, and if pollen is one of them well thats not about GMO, but about a reaction to pollen. Sounds more like it was from particles in the air from burning of cane than anything else

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

I saw the Roxy Lopez video on one of the other threads here on ATS after you mentioned her (him?) and couldn't really understand what it was trying to say. Seemed like propoganda of some kind but not sure why or to whom it was directed. I gathered that it was saying that the moon is being mined because the shape of the moon is wierd. I have noticed the shape as well but I thought it was an optical distortion caused by relflective particles in the atmosphere.

IMHO (so don't get excited because this is my opinion only) the aluminum is taken out of the earth and is sprayed into the atmosphere as microscopic particles and then settles back to earth and dramatically increases the acidity of soils. This is why Monsanto is developing aluminum resistant plants. I haven't heard or read that there is more aluminum in this cycle than there should be. I would think that numbers like that if they exist have been fudged.

Metal poisoning (toxicity) is a serious serious condition. It gets into the genes and there is no cure and it can be passed on to other generations. The physical effects are bizarre and the psychological effects are horrific. I have had personal experience with copper and people living near to copper mines.

Monsanto developed seed to sell to impoverished countries that wouldn't reproduce. This means that if you grow say a cucumber from Monsanto seeds you can't use the seeds from the cucumber to plant in the next season or any season because the seed has been altered to be sterile. You have to buy again from Monsanto if you want more cucumbers. Monsanto is interested in money and monopoly of the world food supply. Monsanto is not a charitable organization but they are a huge corporation with many many lawyers.

There is no Monsanto that will ever produce the exotic and take your breath away taste of a wild berry that almost sparkles in your mouth as you eat it. I don't know if you remember when seedless watermelon first started appearing in the grocery store. I met a lady at her home back then who had a giant turtle in her backyard. The turtle lived there when she bought the house and was by this time very old, she thought. She would occasionally buy the turtle some watermelon and because of the turtle's age and debilities had to remove the seeds herself before giving it to the turtle to eat. She thought that the seedless watermelon would be so convenient and tried that. The turtle wouldn't even touch it. She had to go back to the other with seeds.

edit on 12-8-2011 by luxordelphi because: remove question mark face which didn't populate properly

edit on 12-8-2011 by luxordelphi because: same reason as above

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I believe that if you had any ill effects from sugar cane burning/harvesting it would most likely be from the heavy use of now-illegal pesticides.
I was told by workers in the pineapple fields and sugar cane fields some years ago that they still use now-outlawed pesticides, because before the law against the old pesticides was made the companies went out and bought stockpiles to last 100+ years. As part of the law only forbid buying and using anymore, but as they had the stockpiles they were "grandfathered in" so to speak, and continue to use them.
I live on Maui in case you were wondering.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
I have a feeling if more people saw that picture they would stop thinking GMO's are nefarious.

You do realize how utterly devoid of sense that statement is, right?

What, do you work for the USDA? "Oh look, there's a blue sky and an ocean in the background. GMO corn must be safe and wonderful." [SLAMS DOWN STAMP OF APPROVAL AND GIVES SELF A RAISE.]

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Asthma has lots of possible triggers, and if pollen is one of them well thats not about GMO, but about a reaction to pollen.

That statement is not accurate. GMO pollen is qualitatively different from pollen that God/Nature/The Universe/What-Have-You has created, and could conceivably cause not only abnormal allergic reactions but far worse. Google "gmo organ disruption."
edit on 8/12/2011 by Universer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You guys are missing the point.

There is no GMO sugar cane on maui.

Normal sugar cane, yes.

Does it mess with you when they harvest/burn it? I'd say it messes with me and others I know feel the same, but not everyone gets sick.

What is it in the burning of sugar cane that affects people? I dont know.

All through high school my house's backyard bordered a cane field and when they burned it my house got covered in black ash and the flames were taller than my house.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universer

I have a feeling if more people saw that picture they would stop thinking GMO's are nefarious.

What, do you work for the USDA? "Oh look, there's a blue sky and an ocean in the background. GMO corn must be safe and wonderful." [SLAMS DOWN STAMP OF APPROVAL AND GIVES SELF A RAISE.]

No, but GMO corn has never killed, harmed, or made anyone sick. Might want to stop watching alex jones. BTW, we are talking about GMO sugar cane.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, but GMO corn has never killed, harmed, or made anyone sick. Might want to stop watching alex jones. BTW, we are talking about GMO sugar cane.

I am not a fan of Alex Jones. I'm simply informed about the dangers of GMO foods. They have killed animals in laboratories and caused organ disruption. I feel sorry for you if you are eating that crap or feeding it to your family. Most likely you know better but are purposefully spreading disinformation.

BTW, YOUR nonsensical comment that I was responding to was about a picture of GMO CORN

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Universer

Still no single person, has ever been harmed in any way by any GMO, in history. You people need to get a grip and realize the GMO conspiracy is likely just a distraction from the other shady things Monsanto does. Although, personally, I feel the GMO fearmongering is perpetrated for the same reason as chemtrail fearmongering.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Still no single person, has ever been harmed in any way by any GMO, in history.

You don't know that. At all. If it is so wonderful YOU eat it. Don't say we didn't warn you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Whether or not Monsanto is growing sugarcane on Mauii wouldn't be public knowledge. Monsanto claims confidentiallity. It takes a court order to get information from Monsanto and that usually means years of appeals. One of the latest appeals won by local farmers against Monsanto in Hawaii is described on May 2, 2011 in Hawaii Health Guide and states, "Ironically, much of the GMO seed used throughout the world is tested and developed in open field test sites throughout Hawaii's islands..."

Contamination from Monsanto GMO test fields is well known and described in a 2007 article from Genet, "Monsanto's plans for Kunia pose risk for other crops." "In the past six months, three federal courts have ruled that the USDA broke environmental laws when allowing Monsanto and others to grow GM crops that could contaminate other crops...including corn and sugar cane engineered to produce powerful drugs in their cells."

One little test field can contaminate everything particularly if the wind blows.

Another poster mentioned something about stockpiles of pesticide and a grandfather clause and this quote from the same article speaks to that, "Monsanto developed crops resistant to its RoundUp herbicide so it could sell more RoundUp, which farmers can now dump on their fields without killing their crop. Sales of RoundUp skyrocketed six-fold from 1992 to 2002, producing RoundUp resistant 'superweeds' infesting 2 million acres of U.S. farmland. To kill RoundUp resistant weeds, farmers are turning to even more toxic herbicides, such as 2, 4-D, a component of Agent Orange produced by ...Monsanto."

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Still no single person, has ever been harmed in any way by any GMO, in history.

You don't know that. At all. If it is so wonderful YOU eat it. Don't say we didn't warn you.

You were just complaining that GMOs were dangerous. Hard to qualify that they are dangerous when no one has ever been harmed by a GMO, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You were just complaining that GMOs were dangerous. Hard to qualify that they are dangerous when no one has ever been harmed by a GMO, don't you think?

Eat up!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Eat up!

Looks like we both are! GMO containing food. I'd be wary of the other GMO information on there, it doesn't even list sources (oh wait, you didn't need sources to come to the conclusion that GMO = bad
).
edit on 8/13/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Eat up!

Looks like we both are! GMO containing food. I'd be wary of the other GMO information on there, it doesn't even list sources (oh wait, you didn't need sources to come to the conclusion that GMO = bad
).
edit on 8/13/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

LMAO, try again. (You know what they say about "assuming" right?) I don't eat ANY processed foods. My diet is 90% RAW (that is, uncooked) organic vegetables and 10% organic unpasteurized grass-fed dairy and the occasional grass-fed organic raw egg. So ha freakin ha.

Enjoy your Standard American Diet ("SAD" diet, appropriately). Even if it wasn't full of GMO's, it's still terrible for you.

If you want plenty of sources for why GMO's are dangerous, this magical thing called Google awaits you. But you don't.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Maybe you need to brush up on using academic sources (or source evaluation for that matter): GMO Safety.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Maybe you need to brush up on using academic sources (or source evaluation for that matter): GMO Safety.

LOL. I think you need to brush up on using academic sources. A college newsletter does not count as an academic source unless you are in fifth grade. If you provide a link to the actual PUBLISHED, PEER-REVIEWED study, I will take 5 minutes to look at it to find the source of the funding for said study.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It's tough, there isn't much peer reviewed literature out there on the subject. GMOs still haven't harmed or killed anyone, in the history of their ingestion, though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It's tough, there isn't much peer reviewed literature out there on the subject. GMOs still haven't harmed or killed anyone, in the history of their ingestion, though.

Excuse me while I LOL at the unintentional irony here.

"Oh well, there's no legitimate studies out there. Therefore GMO's are safe to eat and never hurt anybody! Yummy!"

Sorry but there is no way that you don't actually understand that what you are saying is wrong and illogical (and I would add immoral for good measure). I don't believe it. In fact, it's hard to believe that anybody who isn't a shill would be this dedicated to being pwned. If you are a shill, your masters are not going to be very pleased with your performance in this thread. Anyway, have a nice night!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join