It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caution : This had better not be true or else the markets will tank 10-20% maybe even 30%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article from an always good economic commentator, KD.

Caution: This Had Better Not Be True

From twitter....

larry_kudlow Larry Kudlow
Sources tell me Italy has to restructure bonds.Deposit run on Italian banks.EU will have to mount Tarp rescue.Big stress on interbank loans.

My understanding is that Larry later (on the air) said these were "rumors", although there is no later tweet I can find on the subject (there's only one in his timeline after this, and it has nothing to do with banks.)

Let's make sure we understand what's at stake here: If this is true then the ECB and Italy had better put a stop to it right now. Like before Europe opens. This means that if the "rumor" is false the banking authorities need to get on the air right now and refute it with hard facts, not platitudes and denials.

If there is a deposit run on Italian banks that is not immediately stemmed it will result in a severe and probably intractable liquidity crisis that will (1) shut down lending in Italy and (2) result in one or more of the involved banks blowing up as it goes under regulatory capital minimums - or worse, simply runs out of liquid funds period.

The Euro zone has no meaningful way to deal with this. Forbidding transfers out will simply make the panic worse in that it will confirm that the bank(s) involved can't cover withdrawals. Doing nothing is unacceptable as well. And if these institutions blow up, we're going to get a replay of Creditanstalt and all of its knock-on effects, right here, right now.

I do not normally reprint rumors at all, as they tend to be very destructive, but this is a special case because the risks, if the rumor is correct, are exceedingly high. I'm sure you thought the 500 point loss on the DOW today was horrifying, never mind the 60 handles on the S&P 500 that came off and the 105 (!) on the Nadaq 100.

Here's a hint: Those are small numbers if a major bank in Italy blows up in an uncontained fashion.

I have no idea if this is real or not. But we've seen, according to Bloomberg, $2 trillion come off stock market valuations in the last ten days.

Ham-handed "interventions" have made the situation worse instead of better. We're now sitting in an extreme oversold condition that unfortunately leave us with a binary outcome: Either a rip-your-face-off rally is imminent, or we're looking at an all-on collapse. One policy mistake at this juncture, or even failure to provide a (reasonable and believable) answer to these sorts of rumors could trigger the collapse option.

That happens, America goes down too. And you can't do squat about it.

Please let it be true and let the whole freaking corrupt system BLOW UP unexpectedly... so the bastards in power lose their shirts since it wasn't planned.... Please?

As for Creditanstalt referred in the article...

The Creditanstalt (sometimes Credit-Anstalt[1] or CA) was an Austrian bank. The Creditanstalt was based in Vienna, founded 1855 as K. k. priv. Österreichische Credit-Anstalt für Handel und Gewerbe (approximately translated as: Imperial royal privileged Austrian Credit-Institute for Commerce and Industry) by the Rothschild family. It declared bankruptcy on May 11, 1931. It has been said that this event resulted in a global financial crisis and ultimately the bank failures of the Great Depression.

Italy's banks could be our modern Creditanstalt.

This is gonna be fun.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's always planned...If they can create something as extravagant as a stock market (which by the way was first held in Canada) and make trillions of dollars just disappear into think air, they certainly can make it seem as though they are trying their best to do whatever it takes to not let their system crash until the most opportune of times, a time when all the milking of every last drop has been suckled from that last honey suckle nipple.

Think of a computer software programmer who knows his product so well inside and out. Once it gets to big, to strong, to blindsided by everyone, to inaccurate to control anymore, to confusing that it doesnt make sense anymore, to obvious hat it isnt working the way it once did and has passed through so much greed that the programmer has no choice but to shut it down. wipe it out, and do it with style...leaving everyone in awe.

That my friend is what is going on here...Its always planned. These individuals are not dumb by any means.
edit on 5-8-2011 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's time for a restructuring of the human way of life!

I hope everyone's prepared for their world to be rocked.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Your thread title is telling me no. But your post is telling me yes. I see nothing wrong with a little bump n grind.
edit on 5-8-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So is the date of complete global economic meltdown scheduled for tomorrow? I don't want it to happen, but the governments of the world (especially the U.S.) have gotten too big that it's just created it's own monster. Corruption needs to be dealt with. Just think how much better the world would be without corruption and greed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineIntervention
So is the date of complete global economic meltdown scheduled for tomorrow? I don't want it to happen, but the governments of the world (especially the U.S.) have gotten too big that it's just created it's own monster. Corruption needs to be dealt with. Just think how much better the world would be without corruption and greed.

To combat corruption and greed, you have to address the issues at their source. That source is MATERIALISM

Until that is dealt with, there will always be corruption and greed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I swear this site is fed by its own wishes for doomsday, its great and all, gives us the feeling of being smarter then the rest, foreseeing the future, knowing the truth that others are ignorant about, but the truth of the matter is that if the system crashes it could be hell on earth and the change we hope to come from it might be and may I rerain from saying, most likely will be a change for the worse.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
I swear this site is fed by its own wishes for doomsday, its great and all, gives us the feeling of being smarter then the rest, foreseeing the future, knowing the truth that others are ignorant about, but the truth of the matter is that if the system crashes it could be hell on earth and the change we hope to come from it might be and may I rerain from saying, most likely will be a change for the worse.

No.

Its time for system crash. Postponing it will make it worse.

This line of argument is fear of change talking.

Relax, let go. Let it happen, don't be afraid.

It's time.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Never Despise

No.

Its time for system crash. Postponing it will make it worse.

This line of argument is fear of change talking.

Relax, let go. Let it happen, don't be afraid.

It's time.

The bad thing about letting the system crash, is that it would just give TPTB more of a reason to bring on the NWO.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Its just the inevitable manifesting itself since the power source of the PTB began to wane dramatically as of September last. I witnessed an utterly beautiful omen yesterday and the words that formed in my mind were:
"The darkness has become a fleeting thing. Soon it will be gone". I sure welcome that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The bad thing about letting the system crash, is that it would just give TPTB more of a reason to bring on the NWO.

They can't do it if the building-blocks of the system are taken down.

They rely on certain "givens" in their manipulations. think of them as fundamental building blocks of the NWO.

Remove these building blocs and there can be no foundation to build the NWO on.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

They rely on certain "givens" in their manipulations. think of them as fundamental building blocks of the NWO.

Like what? Capitalism?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Like what? Capitalism?

Huge multinational banks that add no value to the economy but enrich themselves
Multinational companies that offshore
Government and banks joined at the hip
Millions of poor who grovel all over themselves to worship the rich
Open borders
Multiculturalism
Decadent TV/movies, breakdown of tradtions.
Global warming
Big militaries

...etc. If you call that capitalism then yeah, I implicate capitalism. It's not exactly the nation of shopkeepers and farmers that capitalism started out as you know,

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You think this is bad?

Head on over to GLP, it is daily doom fest over there, they actually get excited about it lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Those " rich bastards" WONT be the ones loosing their shirt if this does happen every mum and dad investor, every small bsiness will go under, every pensioner or superannuation holder will loose their money but the big guys just consolidate and get richer. Please dont pray for a market crash ! Thats exactly what they want...if you are trying personally to divest to cash right now DONT...cash wont be worth anything buy gold or property...everything else will be worth squat in the event of a major collapse.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The "foundation" to build the NWO is abject worldwide poverty, nuclear scarred populations, and untold suffering.
How else can they get people into a position whereby they would accept one world money, religion and government? As they want their "utopian" world, all of the above will happen, probably within a very short time span. I personally feel that they are now making a significant step with the markets, which will most likely kick everything off. God bless everyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
4.4 trillion wiped out on global markets...!!!!!

Jimminy Christmas!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Anything is possible however I don't think or get any sense that it will all crash tomorrow there are to many variables. I do think the markets will continue to go down however the PPT will kick in gear too to try and level things out. TPTB may be just trying to create a buying opportunity.... Who knows. To bad everyone stakes thier livelihood on what happens with banks and stocks etc... Something has got to give somewhere though...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-8-2011 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Well maybe but the freaking fraud needs to end.

A uncontrolled collapse is what would screw the elite. The sheeple would wake up, take their pitchforks and do some mob justice on those politicians and bankers.

Since no cops, courts or soldiers will arrest and convict guilty politicians and bankers what is there left to get justice and clean the system from the scum?? 1789 France comes to mind.

If the damn army would do their job, aka protecting the constitution and the people from enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC, and overthrow those SOBs, arresting the scum and doing new elections (something like in Egypt), then what will likely happen once the inevitable collapse occur wouldn't be necessary. Many lives would be saved. But this has apparently no chances of happening... so prepare for a fight.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join