It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Signs Water Is Flowing on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Scientists Find Signs Water Is Flowing on Mars

www.nytimes.com

Shifting dark streaks on the surface of Mars are signs that water is flowing there today, scientists said Thursday.

The possible presence of liquid water is certain to revive speculation that Mars is teeming with microbial organisms. The recipe for life, at least as we know it, calls for liquid water, carbon-based molecules and a source for energy.

There is plenty of ice on Mars, but the chemical reactions for life come to a halt when water freezes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.todaystmj4.com...
online.wsj.com...
www.space.com...
edit on 4-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow I thought there was only ice, this seems like a pretty big discovery, where there is water, there is life. Although Martian life may only consist of bacteria or microbial life it is still a start.

Some people attacked the NY Times as a source in another thread of mine and I'm wondering if this is deemed legitimate, seems to be.

Enjoy!

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Using probability, if the planet right next to earth has flowing water (life) then the possibility of advanced life in the entire universe is definitely higher than previously expected.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Please contribute to the earliest Breaking News thread, located here. Thank you.

Thread Closed.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

top topics

join