It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Moon Orbited Earth Before Collision With its Bigger Sister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Second Moon Orbited Earth Before Collision With its Bigger Sister

www.ibtimes.com

A second moon orbited the Earth but a slow-motion collision with its bigger sister left our planet with one, scientists say. Astronomers believe that this collision, which lasted several hours, can explain the moon's asymmetry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting.
They are explaining away the moons asymmetry due to a collision with another moon?

Anyway the article is interesting. It talks about how a slow collision changed the moon. hardened one side and left the other soft. Makes you wonder if there is some destroyed technology on the moon.

www.ibtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Will be closed soon.

I disagree with the "theory" as I disagree with whom the terrorists are.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah, there is already another thread covering this topic. I learnt that through my topic being closed

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i highly doubt we had a second moon we have no record in history of this a better question is why is our moon older than earth by billions of years why is it we only ever see one side? (whats hiding on the other side?) this perfect orbit happens no where else in our solar system why? I believe the moon is not what we have been told it is . now we have confirmation from other sources (not nasa) there is water there (where there is water there is life) why have we not gone back ? why did we bomb the moon ? (real reason) any resident experts care to answer my questions

phage ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
huh, s are we supposed to believe Bill Meier now? Seeing is how he stated this back in well, hell I am not 70 years old yet....He was the first to my knowledge in our primitive political time to share the story about two moons!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

it is a spaceship and on spaceships, are spacemen and women, and with those spacemen and women are space drink, and with space drinks come space parties and with a good ol fashioned space shindig comes a good ol fashioned space toilette, hence the reason for water on the moon.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Read Robert Morning Sky's Terra Papers

That'll give you a pretty good understanding, if you believe it.

We haven't been back, at a guess, because as Alex Collier states....We were told to Eff Off.
edit on 4-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
i highly doubt we had a second moon we have no record in history of this a better question is why is our moon older than earth by billions of years why is it we only ever see one side? (whats hiding on the other side?) this perfect orbit happens no where else in our solar system why? I believe the moon is not what we have been told it is . now we have confirmation from other sources (not nasa) there is water there (where there is water there is life) why have we not gone back ? why did we bomb the moon ? (real reason) any resident experts care to answer my questions

phage ?

I think they knew we used to have a second moon for awhile now, but imho of course. They are desensitizing us to the fact there is an ET presence(duh no kidding right?) with all this 'new' information they keep throwing at us. There is an absolute media blitz right now, an orgy of fear and death, this imo, is no coincidence. Now we have water on mars? How long do you think they've known that?

If you sift through all the BS you can see all the signals, tptb have always hidden wisdom in plain site.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You all seem to be assuming that this "second moon" existed until very recent times. That is extremely unlikely. If Earth ever had two large moons, then the collision will almost certainly have taken place hundreds of millions (or more probably billions) of years ago!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Yeh, if you go by the timelines given in Terra papers it was definitely millions of years ago.

They even had to bring what was left of our planet back (It got flung out to space but the Sun slowed it to a stop) and repair and terraform it. Thats why we have a wobble. These also explain why there are structures and stuff on mars. Why Uranus lays on its side! Interesting regardless of whether fiction or fact, although it is proposed as fact.
edit on 5-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

This is pretty interesting.
They are explaining away the moons asymmetry due to a collision with another moon?

This surprises you? I just spent my summer doing astronomy classes and the most important point made is that if we observe something unexplainable among celestial bodies, then it was caused by a collision. Seriously, this is the default astronomical assumption for anything that doesn't follow the laws of physics in space

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I saw this theory on the "news" yesterday. I don't believe it.
Everyone knows either the Moon is an artificial satellite, or it, and the Earth was created when Nibiru smashed into Tiamat.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I saw this theory on the "news" yesterday. I don't believe it.
Everyone knows either the Moon is an artificial satellite, or it, and the Earth was created when Nibiru smashed into Tiamat.

What are you babbling on about? Everyone knows that a fictitious planet crashed into the supreme being of Sumerian mythology?

Nubiru seems to be popular among those unwilling to study actual astronomy, yet determined enough to believe any elaborate story presented to them.

The truth about astronomy is that we don't really know jack about the universe. Coming to such ridiculous conclusions as Nubiru ruins astronomical credibility even more. I've never even heard of Nubiru outside of ATS.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me because QI (British quiz show based on factual things that people didn't know about that are !quite interesting" - hence the name) asked years ago how many moons Earth has. One of the panel said "one" and got the klaxons for a wrong answer.

According to that show years ago (2008?) we had two moons with the other being called Cruithne (maybe incorrect spelling there).

Editing to add that they also asked in 2009 how many US Presidents there have been and Obama got minus 10 for a wrong answer when they showed a clip of his inauguration and he said 44 because I believe Grover was President twice with another guy in office between his two times in office.

That show is always awesome for learning things you didn't know about.
edit on 5/8/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join