It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Destiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
While relaxing pondering about free will, I was struck with a sudden thought. Do we have free will? This is my theory I have hypothesized, for this question. Its called Ultimate Destiny. This theory may be interwoven with religion, which I try not to imply. So here is my new ever emerging theory.

Ultimate Destiny
In the question of, Do we have free will? The basic answer is no. The complex answer is, we perceive we have free will based on all the actions we do. Every single action and thought has been planed out and set. Our own future's are not predictable. Here is an example. If we are told our future by a fortune teller, stating that we will become rich in 10 years. It is not correct. We may end up dying the next day. Bear with me here. Our destiny has been planed out. This creates an illusion of free will.

Well, thats a small theory I will be refining upon (It is confusing). That was just a mash up of what I thought. Questions?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If everything is planned out and set, wouldn't that make it rather boring for whomever did the planning? What would be the purpose of the planner? Why bother waiting around for eternity if everything that will happen is already written out?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i dunno i just banged my head against the wall, why would god plan that for me

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Who knows? We can only question.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Right. I am questioning. It's your theory, you tell me! Your idea of everything being planned implies that someone or something exists to do the planning. Who might this be and what would their motive for the plan be? Why even bother putting the plan into action if you already know how it will turn out? Wouldn't it be much simpler and efficient to just come up with the plan, and know that it will take place exactly as it's been laid out, rather than waste billions of years waiting for the inevitable to unfold?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

We'll I've been trying to stay away from religion. But, in this theory God plans everything. Destiny is somewhat controlled by God. God is so pose to be omniscient. What I'm trying to explain is very enigmatic.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Doesn't have to be about religion. You can use the word god freely to describe your planner without getting into specifics of religion, i.e. how to appease such a god. There just isn't another word in English to describe your planner so it's ok to go with that. But what is there to control if all the rules and guidelines have already been set forth? Is your theoretical god just waiting around watching his plan unfold without having to take an active role in its unfolding? If, as the man said, "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players," are we just following a script and without any freedom to improvise or put forth new ideas?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Technically, but the theoretical God wouldn't want us to be pondering about this.

top topics

join