It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ominous Cloud and a perfect circlular rainbow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm at a little league ball field watching my son practice. I'm talking to another father and I mention to him that as I was flying into Virginia this morning, the clouds were looking extremely ominous and it's been this way lately. I added that I don't remember them ever looking this ominous. He then say's no sh-t, I can't believe you just brought that up, he said, check this pic I took on my droid... I believe it was taken to days ago in Va Beach.

I asked him to send it to me, so here what do you all think?

He said the droid isn't giving it color justice, because the circle on top was a perfect circular “rainbow”... So I googled circular rainbows and types of clouds and this may be a circular rainbow on top of a cumulus type cloud, I believe...

How have the clouds been looking in your area lately?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Not as cool as that. That looks wild, nice find.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
No pictures, but have been seeing a lot of thunderheads, but no storms. Utica NY area. I'll bring the camera with me next time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It is weather manipulation. I have seen these type of clouds before with my own eyes. I have some pics to. Their is a circular clouds above it. The clouds transformed and expanded, it was almost like a explosion in slow motion.
You can see the 3 rings above it, it looks like its apart of it but thats because im so close to it. I live right next to a major air port, you should ask your friend if this cloud was by a air port. The same night it rained then some REALLY FUNKY fog started to spread out. It was yellow, it was so think i could not find my car when it was 10ft away from me.

Please ask your friend if he was by a airport

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would love to see one of those, they are called iridescent clouds. link

Iridescent clouds are a diffraction phenomenon. Small water droplets or even small ice crystals in clouds individually scatter light. Large ice crystals produce halos, which are refraction phenomena rather than iridescence. Iridescence should similarly be distinguished from the refraction in larger raindrops that gives a rainbow.

Im jealous

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Good question, we are 15 minutes from Norfolk airport.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I thought the same thing but another question always follows the weather manipulation thought...

1. If the government/military is doing this, why would they be doing this over one of their biggest naval installations in the world... Mind you, I live in Va Beach/Norfolk VA.

2. Am I assuming that weather manipulation is bad if it is weather manipulation?

All I know man, is that the pics you provided I have pics that look similar, alot of them.

Also, I am in airports twice a week, been doing this 12+ years now, and this means I spend on an average 4hrs a week at 30k ft in the air, and let me tell ya... Clouds as of 2 yrs ago didn't look this way, these ominous looking clouds are developing on a "daily" basis now....

Thank you for sharing...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Good reference and thank you... I should edit my post to say "The rainbow was shaped like an Inner tube / doughnut". I have googled this and cant find anything similar...

Thanks...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Those clouds are thick. Never seen clouds like that before. Totally freakish and Insane dude.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

join