It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban Exploration funnest times of my life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS.....

I looked for a section to put this in but there seems to be no off topic discussion forum titled Exploration hmmm strange..

You ever explore your city looking for places to explore.. You know abandon buildings, remnant basements from torn down buildings,cemeteries and just the run of the mill strange places in your city.I have done this my whole life and have a blast doing it.
My favorite thing to do is explore old abandon houses, barns,old foundations and old farm houses. I don't explore abandon houses and stuff all the time. I did it more as a youth than I do now but when I have the time I do and it can be very interesting.

But there are rules you do not enter property that clearly has no trespassing signs and you do not take anything or move anything you find. Even with no trespassing signs an owner may stumble upon you and ask you to leave.
And be sympathetic state no no trespassing signs were posted and apologize and leave as asked. Its not a crime to go on property if no signs are posted. But you must respect what ever property you do this on. You must use extreme caution when exploring abandon buildings and houses for weak floors and ceilings use your common sense.

Well with that being said lets start the show. When I was younger there was a house about a kilometer away ( 1/2 mi ).
When we were kids this was a big adventure to explore. We often imagined ourselves to be the kids from the movie Stand By Me those were fun times. The house had a basement a middle floor and a large attic. With remnants of those who lived there in the past, we would imagine who those people were and what they did and where they went or what happened to them. Someone lit it on fire one day and that was over. Well we got ten years out of it.

But during the same time there was an old age home that by time I was old enough to explore it got torn down. My to older brothers however explored the place whenever they could. They use to talk about all the spooky things that were in there old style wheel chairs and hospital beds and equipment it was a real spooky place. My brothers weren't allowed to go in there but that made it that much more fun.One day my brothers were late for supper so my father went looking for them but couldn't find them but my dad did find a dead cat on the stairs in the old age home. So my dad went home and my brothers were there .My dad being curious where they went said all excited "DID YOU GUYS SEE THE DEAD CAT" my two older brothers were all excited "YEA DAD" busted my dad was cunning like that at times.

When I was an older teenager we had a new place to explore The old General Hospital and it was an enormous place to explore it was huge.
Here Is a video of the implosion this just gives you an idea the size of it.There is actualy a whole other wing in the back that you cant see.

As a teenager we explored this almost every day after school or when we jigged school. The building had several sub basements and tunnels connecting all the buildings some of the buildings that this building was connected to were already torn down before this implosion. The buildings you don't see are the incinerator building, patient ward, and the south wing of the building. Our favorite place to be in this building was an air vent under the dome at the top of the building. You could see the whole east side of my city.But other places we liked to go was the morgue it was creepy because the whole floor was under 2-3 inches of water . It had a creepy conveyor belt for bodies. From there we would go to the incinerator building via the underground tunnels where for some reason had a pile of cloths 4-5 feet high and a cool incinerator for hospital waste. One day in the main building we found a hatch in an operating room which lead to a sand floor sub basement which had rooms with crawl tunnels to other sand floor rooms. Wasn't much to see in there but cool none the less.It was sad to see it go almost everyone in the city was borne there, the dome survived and you can still see it today in my city here is a picture.

www.flickr.com...

So ATS this part is your job search for cool videos and post them here. Videos of old abandon mansions weird buildings, sewer exploring, abandon factories etc... I actually just gave you a hint to some of the cool videos I have found, the mansion ones are cool another hint.. I wonder if someone will find the cool one i found.

Any questions about any of the adventures in my thread are welcome I will be on often to respond but I do sleep and work.

edit on 4-8-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wrote this thread as a pleasant distraction from other things and to bring some excitement back.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I used to explore some places around sydney australia.
There's an old abandoned winery not far from my house and me and some buddies used to explore it all the time.

I remember there was about 4 or 5 levels, 2 were above ground and the rest was under ground and was flooded. When they eventually drained it there was tunnels that connected other buildings nearby and huge cellers for the wine barrels.
It's right in the centre of a residential area too.

I havent been back there in a while but it was always so fun to go through.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Will someone save my thread from the abyss?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostoryou

Neat there is actually a real cool abandon structure video on you tube its also in Australia.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I really want to go here its called the whitley wonder and was used as an under water smoking / party room until it was abandoned. (I won't repost the pics but please go check them out)

Theres another place right near me called the Camden catacombs, but it's all owned by the rail company now and your not allowed to go down
I am sorely tempted to try though link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10f34f7013b6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

hey there!

i used to do this sort of thing when i was a kid
i'd get on my bike and ride out to demolition sites and abandoned places.

i'd then spend the whole afternoon playing "Kamandi, the last boy on earth"

nowadays i'll sneak in and explore places on a lark, but only if i don't have anything to do for the day.

hmmmm, never was much one for the rules though. star and flag and a bump

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

my hometown, NYC,Manhattan island,

supposedly has over 200 subterranean level/floors, the island is a single piece of
granite, IIRC,lol, with underground dwellers and such, supposedly the deeper levels
are used for toxic and nuke waste disposal so i'd give those a miss.

the london underground is said to be even weirder.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I like doing what this guy is doing. I will warn you when looking for abandon house videos some of them can be screamers.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

We use to go out to a place called Partridge Island when we were teenagers. There were war bunkers there from WWII.
There was a tunnel that went more than half way under the Island. Here is some information on it.There is also several thousand bodies buried on the island they were quarantined there because of plague. Some people say its haunted..

new-brunswick.net...

edit on 5-8-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Mike Tyson's house abandon for 8 years!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Abandon amusement park anyone.

edit on 6-8-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

hi - i have never mentioned it on here before - but urban exploration is one of my ` other sins `
here [ in the UK ] there are several thousand people active .

notable forums include :

the black and white one national site

28dl the 1st national site

NW exploration regional site

derelict places national site

additionaly there are devotes of subtereanean exploration : mines , abandoned mlitary establishments , wartime shadow farctories , cold war establishments , rail and other tunnels , swers , drains and culverts etc etc

dark places national site covering everything subteranean

adit now national site mines only

mine explorer national site , mines only

sub brit national site - focesd on military / govt establishments

not a complete list by any means - but an overview
edit on 6-8-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It makes me feel young again to rejuvenate my scenes of adventure.

I especially like old barns.You never know what you are going to find

edit on 6-8-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

top topics

join