It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Markets Open< And Are Being Slaughtered!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This happening right now, after todays scary wall street close, Japan is sinking and sinking fast...

There are reports of all eyes on the USA at the open for 9am tomorrow August 5 2011, with a strong focus on the jobless report. I am eager to see how this plays out.

That being said I'm from Canada and I'm going fishing with a case of beer!
Asian markets follow Wall St. plunge

Mod Note: ALL CAPS title calmed down a bit. -- Majic

edit on 8/5/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No suprises there then. The world is on its knees, why can't we all agree to just wipe all debts and start again?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If I'm reading this right: www.tse.or.jp...

It looks like their starting to recover. But your right, it was a bit scarry with that much of a drop off. Be interesting to see what happens on wall street friday.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
why can't we all agree to just wipe all debts and start again?

It doesnt work like that im afraid..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No suprises there then. The world is on its knees, why can't we all agree to just wipe all debts and start again?

So I guess you won't mind when your employer decides not to give you that paycheck you are expecting at the end of the month: money owed to you for work you've already done?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Keep in mind today the DOW hovered at around -2.25% for the first half or more of the day. Once 2pm came rolling around it doubled it's losing efforts.

^N225 Nikkei 225 -Down 324.92 (-3.36%)
^TWII Taiwan Weighted -Down 378.52 (-4.55%)
^HSI Hang Seng -Down 906.48 (-4.14%)
^KS11 Seoul Composite -Down 60.57 (-3.00%)
^JKSE Jakarta Composite -Down 197.65 (-4.79%)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I will also fetch myself a case of beer my Canadian brother and also more silver. Sad to see what happened to Japan I will drink to Japan.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

So I guess you won't mind when your employer decides not to give you that paycheck you are expecting at the end of the month: money owed to you for work you've already done?

I suppose I owe 150,000 to the banks for created money out of thin air?

Do you have a better solution...

Should we drown in our own pile of vomit, just to prove that vomit is not as bad as crappola?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Actually you could envoke
the acient rite of kings
and declare a jubilee where all DEBTS are forgiven,,
,but sadly there is no king,,,
ohhh wellll,

which i might mention should have been done every 50 years but ehh who gives a #.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Actually wall st. today had more gold and silver sold then almost any other day while the price of Gold rose..SO far Gold is up by 2% and silver by 4 % for the month, even though many are selling it? Strange.

Maybe total debt forgiveness isnt such a bad thing....If all debt was forgiven, we'd have no paychecks, but we'd also have no bills.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this is what happens when people push for globalization one goes down they all do sure you can pick and choose how and why but nothing will change the end result.

other countries for decades have been riding the coattails of the us and become dependents on us and the debt talks were unneccessary the only thing they had to do was to cut spending and they didnt and enter the rest of the world getting spooked and any little thing can set off a panic.

they cant erase the debt unless you dont want to pay ss medicare and medicaid and other government employees and pensions and the rest of the debt is the uk china and japan.

heres the kicker the real reason the debt talks came about is because they cant cut spending because that spending is covering up the theft of all that intragovernment debt hence the continual push to increase taxes and reliance on other government fundings.

and japan and others will follow as the result of those debt talks and bill signing.
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

This is true but I've been slapped down every time I stray from the secular straight n' narrow outside the Faith and Theology forum...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I suppose I owe 150,000 to the banks for created money out of thin air?

Do you have a better solution...

Should we drown in our own pile of vomit, just to prove that vomit is not as bad as crappola?

All I can tell you is that I don't like a system that punishes irresponsible people who loaded up on debt when they shouldn't have. Our family never pigged out on credit like a lot of people around us who ended up living trashy vain lives and losing it all and whining and moaning. When they were on top they sure liked swaggering around like they were great financial geniuses. Now it goes south and its all whining and moaning about how everything is the bankers fault...GMAFB nobody owes you a playstation and a marble countertop. People with huge credit debts have to take some pain otherwise they will turn around and do it again because they knew uncle sam will be there when they need him. Who would want to do work in such a society?

For the record, I think the banks are evil too and should be dismantled. So I want both to suffer for their bad actions.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This site shows Japan down over 400 pts. and Hong Kong down over 1000 pts. Real Time Stock Quotes Things are not looking pretty!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Amen! That's what I've been saying

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not looking forward to tomorrow's open and the much anticipated jobs report. August was certainly predicted to bring some surprises but not this early.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Pay attention.

High unemployment. Low consumer spend.

Raised debt ceiling. Another stimulus package.

2.5 more trillion stolen.

Why does a thug go to jail for life but the global bank gets to steal all they want?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
And because they didn't want to feel left out

Indian markets plunge, Sensex down 420 points

ibnlive.in.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Be prepared for Obama's Hail Mary pass. A new federal jobs program much like the WPA and the Civilian Conservation Corps. Maybe he will finally attend to the "shovel ready projects" that he claimed he would do with the last round of stimulus. Don't forget to sign your union card in the process.... If you drive the masses low enough they will eventually accept anything that you offer them. I think we are still waiting the the true low point in the US.
edit on 4-8-2011 by jibeho because: add content

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Obama keeps digging a hole and then complains when it's deeper.

The "system" is much bigger than America, Asia, Europe. It will correct itself, and despite the trillions being poured in to stop it, we're looking at a correction.

A jobs program may be on the table, but that would be as effective as QE3 or whatever they're trying to do.

Just my humble. . . .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join