It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 19th 2004

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
its 10:00 pm over here and unfortunately nothing has happened. godamnit.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Okay so the French and Italians got some extrat sunburn today and the Greeks gained some real estate! Right? Right?

What do you mean nothing happened? ... Nothing at all?

USA Basketball team won a game!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
why do u people make so many topics about nostradamus he hasnt predicted anything right for like 500 years

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
i saw a thing on the history chanel about nostradamus and at the end it was proven that he wasnt really a psychic or anything, and to my knowladge he really hasnt predicted anything at all.

Well, in fairness to Nostradamus, I seem to recall that the Weekly World News said that Nostradamus successfully predicted Saddam's Sex Change Operation (and your tax dollars are paying for it!).

So I guess the old guy wasn't completely off it.

On a more serious note, having scanned through some of those many quatrains myself, it seems fairly plain to me that the language and symbology is stylized enough that you could pretty much derive just about anything you want from most of it.

Where dates are involved, well, it gets even more esoteric and dubious.

I'm not saying prophecy isn't possible or hasn't been done before. There are records of it, make of them what you will.

I still think the grand irony of prophecy lies in the fact that actually knowing what will come is probably the worst thing that could happen to anyone.

I mean, look at poor Linda Hamilton in The Terminator. Did knowing the future make her any happier?

I say Carpe Carpum!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
seriously tho, did he predict anything other than napolian and hister or whatever.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's 10:27 in Phoenix Arizona and all is well. Actually, we did have a water heater go out today. But, other than that, it's been a normal day. Thank God.
joey

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
SOMEONE called me and told me the comet had a 24 hours delay !!!
Be still prepared & watch the sky

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hi all!

As of 1148GMT/ UTC, nothing to note here in Central UK....

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Could this be releated?

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Well I guess Nostradamaus was wrong but right, The sun as it was setting last night night did seem to look like a great big ball of fire, it was actually brighter and reder than I have seen it all summer long. Now the missle part, bring it......... It would make my life so much easier if I were dead already than waiting to die.

Yea even out here in the good old city of champions (Edmonton) the sun was like a ball of fire. My wife commented on it several times as we were on our evening walk. Nothing special no doubt.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh well. It is 2106pm GMT on 20.08.04 and no news on anything.

Only thing of interest yesterday was the UFO story.

Is this related do you think?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well,

Here it is, 7:47PM and all is well. No comet, no missle no problem.
Debunked-Nuf said!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We're ALIVE
!!!

-Becs

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
seriously tho, did he predict anything other than napolian and hister or whatever.

nostradamus wrote in a combination of latin and french, deliberatly vague so he wasn't burned at the stake. interpretation into english is tricky, and also depends on your predisposition to believe it. his most famous prediction had to do with the death of a french king in a joust, being wounded in the eye. the king was warned not to joust, did anyway, and was killed by a wound in the eye.....most of his focus is on france, as he was french, and many of his writings seem to be about napoleon.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well its August 23 over in central time in the USA. Nothing happened. Of course maybe he forgot to take leap years into affect. Interesting that the summer olympics are in Athens as I type.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join