It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 19th 2004

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
All,

I have been on sveral websites that claim that Nostradamus has predicted that on 19th August a comet is going to be hitting earth somewhere near Greece.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Could he have misinterpreted a terrorist missle for a comet??
Sorry, but you ever noticed how many comets are being predicted for what is really a small amount of time..
We don't get that many comets passing by that often.
And, when it comes to people like Nostradomus, well, how would he recognize a missle?

I'd be more apt to predict a missle hitting Athens on the 19th. More odds of it happening..

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
All,

I have been on sveral websites that claim that Nostradamus has predicted that on 19th August a comet is going to be hitting earth somewhere near Greece.

Hi Gregandgemma!

Have you any links to these websites please, so that we can check them out? Thanx in advance!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I will try and link - new here so not sure how!!!!!

Missile sounds more likely, I agree.

Try this -

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
or this as only seems to link to main page of Russian website -

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hmmm...im searching google and i can't find anything

But you are right, a comet was predicted by him to hit in August this year, the moon turning blood red was a sign of the end times. But Nostradamus has got a few things wrong before, remember the end of the world 9/9/99?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thanx Gregandgemma!

Well, Pravda's news has been found "wanting" in the past but using the link I found this info:

An author, RW Welch wrote a book as follows:

"... A lifelong "history junkie," Mr. Welch was disappointed by the generally lackluster analyses found in other books on Nostradamus, and decided he could probably do better himself." (from the above cited work).

The spoiler states:

"...In The Comet of Nostradamus, Welch reveals that all is not good. According to Nostradamus, in the middle of the year 2004, a comet will come screaming across the sky. It will explode near the coast of Greece after scorching southern France and central Italy. And that is just the beginning of massive destruction and war. The battles and political intrigues are described in detail...."

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens this coming Thursday?

Thanx again Gregandgemma!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Can't see it happening though!!!!

Especially during the olympics!

We will see

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
A good place to check out Near Earth Objects and comets is here.

Updated information on comets can be found here.

I hope that helps?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Will check it out. Any thoughts on wether it could be a missle that hits Greece instead of a comet??

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Hmmm...im searching google and i can't find anything

But you are right, a comet was predicted by him to hit in August this year, the moon turning blood red was a sign of the end times. But Nostradamus has got a few things wrong before, remember the end of the world 9/9/99?

Here's the scary part -- Mars - a red planet, will be at its closest to the earth in many thousand years towards the end of this month... 2287 will be the next time it's this close.

Hmm?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Will check it out. Any thoughts on wether it could be a missle that hits Greece instead of a comet??

Hi Gag!

Well, in this climate, I think it's more likely that *IF* something happens on the 19th it is more likely to be a missile/ bomb/ etc (or another thing like a lightning storm for example) rather than a natural disaster such as a comet or asteroid impact. Security is of a very high standard (see here) of course but all it takes is one person, with sufficient motivation, armed with some device unfortunately...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Too many comet predictions here. They never happen! Don't like this responce-prove me wrong-yea, thats what I thought. I don't mean to pick on you specificly, but-Dam, everyone and their brother and sister have these type of predictions-an none come true. If one ever comes true, I will close my mouth, till then, they are all just B.S.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk
Here's the scary part -- Mars - a red planet, will be at its closest to the earth in many thousand years towards the end of this month... 2287 will be the next time it's this close.

Hmm?

Hi Hawk!

Yes, quite true but according to this article Mars will still be 34.67 million miles from Earth (on 27th August). We will have to wait and see I guess...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Too many comet predictions here. They never happen! ....

Hi mrmonsoon!

They *never* happen?? If you mean comet impact predictions, possibly so but please see this article

Quote:

"....At present no asteroid or comet is known to be on a collision course with the Earth. The chances of a collision within the next century with an object 1 km or more in diameter are very small (roughly 1 in ten thousand), but such a collision is possible and could happen at any time (my emphais). If we did have sufficient warning, however, the incoming object could be deflected or destroyed. ...."

Agreed?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hi Genya
If a comet will arrive on earth how can u think that media can say it to people?

It must be certainly very secret to prevent depredations and riots
don t u think that the censure will be the more efficient than never...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
Hi Genya
If a comet will arrive on earth how can u think that media can say it to people?

...don t u think that the censure will be the more efficient than never...

Hi SILVERTHORN!

I agree that censureship might well be attempted if - and when - an object is found to be heading towards Earth. However, the "trouble" for the authorities in such cases is that anybody equipped with a telescope or binoculars (and are looking in the right part of the sky) might be able to "discover" this object as well. And, as the obeject got even closer, it would (probably) become a "naked eye" object and so obvious in the sky that it would be visible to anybody who cared to look (if it was in your hemisphere of course). So, *possibly* the authorities wouldn't censure the news, as this would be a relatively futile thing to do?? Sure, they might witness it first (because their telescopes are bigger than ours!) but eventually we might all get to see it as it makes it's final approach
And, how could the authorities keep *that* quiet, what would be the point?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I do not know if this is in relation, but lately there have been a number of posts that may actually lend some credence to this.
Unfortunately, my searches could not find the posts, maybe one of the mods or one of the other members can assist here.
There have been at least 2 and maybe as high as 5 different threads in recent weeks on similar subjects.
The one that I think is closest to this is the one about what has happened to the Martian moon Phobos. According to that thread, it may have been "hit" by a comet a few weeks / months ago and maybe iheaded this way.
There was another good thread that maybe linked to this on the loss of one third of the Hubble's capabilites.
Does anyone else remember these threads?
Do you think that they may have something to do with the subject of this thread?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree that the government may not tell all they know but it will become clear when I see a big object in the sky!!!

I do think it is more likely to be a missile or some object from earth.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
you know i keep having dreams of a 2nd moon (well looks like a 2nd moon)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join