It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation levels: Even higher measurements to come — Nuclear core has leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ernie Gunderson is a nuclear engineer who puts the latest measurements from Fukushima into perspective. As he eludes to, the situation has been growing worse overtime because radioactive elements have been building, and alot of it is has been exhausting into the air for a long period of time. This highly radioactive exhaust has been escaping for the last 40 days, and some is now circling the globe.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That is ironic, I had a dream I was in Japan with a Japanese family, they were the Katsunuma helping them escape in a boat. All of Japan was burning and it had an eerie green glow, strange. I wish them a miracle

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
from a common-sense perspective this seems to be old news. quite likely a couple or 3 or 4 months old. not trying to be a a##. just saying is all.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Someone had previously posted about the 10 Sv's an hour which is an amount of radiation that will kill you after 10 minutes of exposure. The fact that it has been building for so long and is now being released, and measured at this level is actually new information.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by letscit

Someone had previously posted about the 10 Sv's an hour which is an amount of radiation that will kill you after 10 minutes of exposure. The fact that it has been building for so long and is now being released, and measured at this level is actually new information.

Where are all the bodies?

Pardon my skepticism but Gunderson is funded by the anti-nuclear lobby. Anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by letscit

Where are all the bodies?

Pardon my skepticism but Gunderson is funded by the anti-nuclear lobby. Anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

These are local measurements, and it doesn't mean you are going to find bodies. The danger is from exposure over time, which is the same effect we are still experiencing from Chernobyl.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Where are the bodies, indeed? That is an outstanding question but perhaps not quite the way you meant it. No one can argue for a moment that during the early days, at least, when monitors were chirping and workers were working, everyone volunteered to stay on a suicide mission the world figured wasn't a long term commitment. Now, we know a few of these guys dropped into water so hot, Homer Simpson would run in horror. Yet.....no bodies. Last I've seen reports, we're all left to think the Fuku 50 are still alive, well and in decent health to stand their posts.

Either ALL of this is total B.S. and the entire situation is FAR less serious than anything indicates (Yeah...and I'm Daffy Duck) or they've already gotten quite skilled at moving and disposing of bodies out there...somehow..without anyone really noticing for the Press to mention.

Am I the only one whose noticed this and wondered whats going on??

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

like most laymen i understand very little of nuclear reactors. i've been alive long enough to well remember areas devastated in the USA and EU when things went wrong. from the earliest news of catastrophe in Japan i've been waiting to hear of efforts to entomb the plant like those brave souls in Russia did some 25 years ago.

instead the bad news just keeps coming. i can't imagine what kind of future many people in Japan are going to have and what effects this nuclear catastrophe is going to have upon earth. to me this is really scary stuff, a long term negative impact event. but the only coverage i see is here on ATS. this whole event bothers me and i wish i understood what was taking place.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Ya it will be 6 months on Aug 11,, about the gestation periond of a women giving birth,, its called the,,,Second Trimester,, who knew,,lol,,, just wait till all those japanese women start giving birth,, ever seen a baby with plutonium poisoning,, u gotta see it,,,
anyway ya old news,,
ohh did i tell you about the calves being born,no wait i cant cause its bad news and against the law too talk about fukushima in a negative way,,
so ya it will die out,,,lol get it die out,,lol aint radiation fun
ohhh and it dont die out for the next 60 odd years,,it was MOX,, the special kind,, 2the kind that lets you take over the land radiation free,, in just 60 years,, thats why the decay rate is out of wack,,
Its MOX,, too be used in WW3,, ,,would you want too wait 1000yrs too reclaim your booty,, why no,, soooo ,, adjust the radio-active fallout, from MOX bomb,, to sayyy, one generation,,, say,, 60 years,,, say,, SOLD.
Ohh cold war over,,,
Ok,, how do we get rid of MOX,, as per Arms Agreement reached by Gorby and Reagan,,
I know put it in our Nuclear Power Plants,, it will save on FUEL cost,,,but its WEAPONIZED,,MOX,,
soooo its not like its gonna blow up or anything,,,,,,
oooppppppsss,,, my bad.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Where are the bodies, indeed? That is an outstanding question but perhaps not quite the way you meant it.

Your absolutely right, where are all the bodies? Where is the information on the workers. If someone wants to blow a coverup wide open, that is a good place to start. Gunderson has been throwing himself all over any place that will give him airtime. Furthering his own agenda....

Maybe he should do something useful with his time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Explanation: There were casualties!

Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster: Casualties [wiki]

Major news source reporting at least 2 TEPCO employees confirmed dead from "disaster conditions" following the earthquake. "The two workers, aged 21 and 24, sustained multiple external injuries and were believed to have died from blood loss, TEPCO said. Their bodies were decontaminated as radiation has been spewing from the plant for three weeks."

45 patients were reported dead after the evacuation of a hospital in Futaba. Some of them "were suffering from dehydration because they had not eaten anything for three days".

Personal Disclosure: If your going to limit the body count to just the Fukushima 50 [or is it more?] then you are setting the bar WAY TO HIGH! Because victims come in all shapes sizes and creeds! And not all of them are going to be due to radiation poisoning sickness etc! Cancer can take years to manifest and then a few more years to kill depending on how malignant and voracious it is!

P.S. Are you trying to TRIVIALIZE THIS CRISIS EVENT???

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by letscit

Ya it will be 6 months on Aug 11

oh i just can't take it anymore!!!! August 11 is five months, not six!

March 11- april 11 = month 1
april 11 - may 11 = month 2
may 11 - june 11 = month 3
june 11 - july 11 = month 4
july 11 - august 11= month 5!

Sorry, but I keep reading the 6 month thing but it's WRONG!
So the 6th month is September 11, which is also the 10th anni of WTC.
OMG conspiracy! Sorry. [/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by buffet of lies

reply to post by letscit

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GESTATION PERIOD CALLED SECOND TRIMESTER U STUPID NIT!
it is the last 6 months of PREGNANCY.
read something for a change,,,,,,its health class/bioligy/cellular division,,,,,,,,or were you away that day!
YOUR RIGHT ITS 5 MONTHS,,soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
edit on 5-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buffet of lies

sorry was upset after watching

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Your absolutely right, where are all the bodies? Where is the information on the workers. If someone wants to blow a coverup wide open, that is a good place to start. Gunderson has been throwing himself all over any place that will give him airtime. Furthering his own agenda....

Maybe he should do something useful with his time.

Haeh, Nande?

He is one of the only one who know at least a little bit what is going on in F'Shima,
and before you "try" to discredit him i want to see your Curriculum Vitae!

It is very easy to say A. is wrong but when you want that some People believe into you and what you are saying
you will need at least 1/10 of his Background and i doubt that!

@ F'Shima
i think it is a fact that the Primary Containment Vessel is breached?
edit on 5-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Yes there is a melt through. This has been known for nearly 2 months.

This radiation is seeping into the land, the ground water, the Pacific Ocean. Where does rain come from? Well, for a lot of us it's water that has been evaporated from the surface of oceans, lakes, etc. That means that even when the plant is "under control" and stops spewing radioactive particulates into the environment, we're still going to see radioactive rain for a couple of years. This of course means radioactive soil, produce, runoff, drinking water, wildlife...

When I was a child we had Chernobyl. Now that I've had a child we get Fukushima which is said to be 1000 Chernobyls. I wonder what my son will have to deal with when he has his first child.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Yes, we knew that the Primary Containment Vessel has breached
but this do not mean that "all of the Coriums"
sitting, floating on the Cement like A. Gunderson told us
in his Fairwind-Video from the 4. of August!

This Information is, when confirmed, new!
(we speculated this as well as the Guardian in last month)

I think this was/is our greatest Fear!

For your Kid, as well as all the other, research about Zeolite,
that Stuff is very cheap and working well!

Yes, i remember Tschernobyl as well,
at that time i was already 18 years old and the World ended that day
when this immense black Thunder Cloud rained down on my former Hometown!

That Day i gave up,
it was the ultimate Sign that the Machinery is bigger and better organized than us!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by buffet of lies

reply to post by letscit

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GESTATION PERIOD CALLED SECOND TRIMESTER U STUPID NIT!
it is the last 6 months of PREGNANCY.
read something for a change,,,,,,its health class/bioligy/cellular division,,,,,,,,or were you away that day!
YOUR RIGHT ITS 5 MONTHS,,soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
edit on 5-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Theres three trimesters you crack smoking numpty.

top topics

join