It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope for and look forward to a grand "global financial collapse"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I hope for and look forward to a grand "global financial collapse". I think its our only chance to, as a society (the West), wake up from the stupor of self-absorption we have been submerged in for the past several decades (or more), and finally be slapped awake to the fact that this isnt the way forward. Greed, self-absorption, indifference, etc, has lead us this far; how much longer will the populace of the West let it go on if something relatively catastrophic does not occur? Indifferently, I fear.

If prices just trickle upward, no will really care. They will adapt, as long as they have sports on the TV, access to facebook, poisonous McDonalds to cram down their gullets, and trinkets that begin with an "i", it will all just stay mostly the same, IMO. Much more complaining, that would be a surety. But actual action en mass? Unlikely.

Not until a massive shock to their systems will anything great take place, such as much needed ideological revolutions across the board in finance, community, government, spirituality, education, etc. Only by facing possible things such as starvation, rampant disease, lacks of clean water, martial law, violent looters, etc, will the West's people have a chance at waking up from the coma induced from the ME ME ME mentality which is all pervasive in our society, and hopefully consider a new way of living and a new way forward.

I say "chance", because like all things, everything is a choice. In this case, it would need to be a collective choice, and theres no guarantee enough will choose a different way.

Anyone ever got really drunk and knew they were going to throw up? Most of you probably have. We are at that point right now as a civilization; weve drank hard, dropped loads of E and who knows, maybe some acid and lines of coke too, had some fun, done some unspeakable things that we dare not remember, but we know the partys over now... its not fun anymore, and we're at the point where we know we are sick, and we know we are going to hurl, but we just dont know when.

Its comin, but the best we can do now is prepare for its inevitable arrival and hope its over quick.

Will we learn our lesson though? Surely not if we dont feel some pain. The stronger the pain, the higher the chances of success. Its going to be unpleasant, possibly even deadly for some, but without a collapse of grand proportions, there is no other option but to continue down the path we are already on, which is leading to a 1984/BNW nightmare hybrid dystopia, slowly but surely.

A major shock to the system, one that even breaks it, is our only collective hope at redeeming our collective selves by moving away from that which lead us here. I might die. We *all* might die. But Oceania (1984) is no place I wish to live anyway.

Let the crash come. Hopefully it will be severe enough to give us a chance to truly realize and integrate the consequences of our past decisions, and allow us to choose a new, and better way forward into the future, for all peoples, and indeed the entire planet.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Have fun starving to death, no matter how much food you stockpile like a damn squirrel, some nut will break into your home and kill you for it. Have fun dying for something simple!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Have fun starving to death, no matter how much food you stockpile like a damn squirrel, some nut will break into your home and kill you for it. Have fun dying for something simple!

You obviously didnt even read the post.

Anyway, I have no stockpiles, and I live a major metropolitan area. I would be in the thick of it from day one, but despite that, still believe it needs to happen.
edit on 8/4/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I did read your post, but hoping for that would be a nightmare for anyone. You say you're fine now but when it happens you'll be crying to every deity there is

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by CaticusMaximus

ahahah

you have been programmed well

thats what they want you to want

the plan right now is to downgrade living standards so much, make life so bad, that when they usher in the long debated world government, that global dictatorship wont sound as bad by comparison.
infact the people will beg for it.

the irony

you will get what you want, dont worry.

just be sure to pick the lesser evil

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I counter your wish for disaster with a hope and wish that our great world will change for the better.

Hopefully my wish will come true and yours will not.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

How do you know what I would do and wouldnt do? Your fears are not my fears. Project them elsewhere please.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Do you realise what global collapse means ? Anarchy everywhere, people who have never killed will become monsters. It will look like a scene from a zombie movie, what is wrong with you ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Programmed? Hardly. Ive thought about the situation long and hard, from an objective point of view, discounting personal issues arising from a crash.

Society is complacent and in denial about the true depth of the problems plaguing civilization. Like I said, IMO only a major shock to the system, one that possibly breaks it, will make people confront what almost no one wishes to think about, and force them out of complacency.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Do you realise what global collapse means ? Anarchy everywhere, people who have never killed will become monsters. It will look like a scene from a zombie movie, what is wrong with you ?

It would be a true test of the human character and evolution of the species on the whole, certainly.

But "scene from a zombie movie"? Maybe. But that would really be an abject failure on humanity's part if that came to be. Instead, I see a society that learns from its mistakes, actually admits those mistakes, and chooses a better way forward, leaving the past along with old, archaic systems, behind them.

You may see it as a zombie movie, but I see it as an opportunity, and the chance to choose a different, better way.
edit on 8/4/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Major shocks to the system rarely, if ever result in anything good coming for a long long time. Their is term used in history studies called "retrogression." Societies that fall the way you are anticipating usually go through decades of turmoil and much lower standards of living.

I would rather see change come slowly and with measured steps. I do agree, that some things have to change, but these things can't happen over night.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No I don't think so, you know there is a new iPhone coming out and xbox etc coming up down the road, my wish for no global collapse is in the better interests of big business so I win you lose. You may get a new war though or a false flag or both and have to go to war for your country.

When you ship out they are not going to let you take your stored up 50,000 Kit Kat bars with you!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I counter your wish for disaster with a hope and wish that our great world will change for the better.

Hopefully my wish will come true and yours will not.

Absolutely, that would be preferable.

However, its also unlikely. People very rarely change because they want to change. If they are not in pain, nor suffering, nor misery, *most* people are happy to continue on their current paths, and simply ignore things unless they directly impact them in some way.

Its pure complacency.

And we can hope that a magic switch will be flicked at some point, and suddenly everyone is unhappy and spontaneously rises up in unity against the "elite", and even spontaneously change deep seated thought patterns in their psyche... but Im not holding my breath on it.

People need to be shaken out of their complacency, or they will tend to take the path of least resistance; ie, do nothing and remain the same.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Sorta says it all really.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's the other way it could happen, because, like the OP, I am waiting for collapse as well. Obviously the elite PTB aren't going to give up without a fight and this could be a lead up to something bad but, if there was global financial collapse it could also go the other way.

Think about this- why do most people need money? Shelter, Transportation, energy production, and food. Why do they need that money? Except for food most people need to pay rent, pay their mortgage, pay their car payment, pay their credit card bills. These are all based on the system of debt.

If they canceled all debt on a national and individual level

1) There would be no need to raise the debt cieling
2) There would be no need for mortgages or rent (as most houses are based on debt)
3) Car payments would go away
4) People's credit card debt would be eliminated.

Some people might say that wouldn't work because without debt how would we buy or pay for things? But, if everyone's debt was canceled, people would have a surplus of money to support commerce moving forward for food, goods, etc, and no one would have to worry about making money to cover the bills since most bills (mortgage/rent, car payments, cc payments) are based on debt. If there was a collapse no one would have any debt and no one would owe anyone anything. Heck, you could even leave money in circulation, but without having to go towards paying off debt and bills (which has always been a method of controlling the population) all of everyone's money could go toward food and doing things that interest the individual-building a better type of shelter/house, developing one's own business, leisure. We as a society, as a world, are so mired down in debt that the only real way out of it is to cancel it and start fresh. That is the kind of collapse I hope for and that I think people should advocate for.

The only ones that would feel it would be the bankers and the people that have made their livings from debt and they've (as a group, not necessarily individuals) have been screwing over the average person for too many years. After all, for the most part it is just numbers in a computer without any hard metal to back it up.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Major shocks to the system rarely, if ever result in anything good coming for a long long time. Their is term used in history studies called "retrogression." Societies that fall the way you are anticipating usually go through decades of turmoil and much lower standards of living.

I would rather see change come slowly and with measured steps. I do agree, that some things have to change, but these things can't happen over night.

Perhaps that would happen. It would not be off the table, certainly. But maybe the future would be worth it, building a new society from the relative ground up.

Everyone seems to want slow change, and to avoid pain, even if prolongs a bad situation getting worse by the day.

Every effect needs to have a cause. Those who want slow change: where do you see the cause for this effect coming from? 2 steps forward and 1 step back, the totalitarian tiptoe, seems to be working marvelously; by and large, no action is being taken by the citizens of the West while liberties are being stripped, while "wealth" is evaporating, standards of living generally falling, etc.

My conclusion is based on my personal life experiences, and looking at the situation objectively, removing my own personal feelings from the equation. People dont change unless they are forced to change and shown that a new path leads to less pain than staying on the same path.

I think I am simply willing to confront the hard facts... Im not sure many others are.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by CaticusMaximus

still what will that solve?

i agree with many of your points.

you are eager for it, i understand.

but where will we go from there?

chances are the outcome will likely be as bad or worse than now.

respect all life paths, the idle, the sheeple, the zombies, the clones, the unaware, they are playing their part

are you playing yours?

you want to be there so bad, its obvious you also have no clue what to do when there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

I think it depends on what you time frame is. I would give the US 5 years, maybe less, before they have to do some major austerity measures just to stay solvent. The problem is with politicians who are more concerned about getting elected than making hard, tough decisions for the future. Who wants to be the guy to cut SS, come out with a GST like Canada, retract the military and put buckets of people out of work in the process? And that's just for starters.

If some SOB got in power and had the will of Congress, he or she could make some pretty significant changes in short order. Maybe another knock to the world economy will do the trick?

link   
It is not profitable to have a global financial collapse, and those international usurers who can create collapse will not allow it to happen - it's bad business. What will happen is redistribution of wealth until the entire world is built up to the American standard and beyond; economic provinces rather than countries, austerity measures, revaluation of currencies. Then once everything is controlled, along with the technology in place to eliminate dissent before it happens, the world will be completely submitted to the tyranny of the NWO.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
you want to be there so bad, its obvious you also have no clue what to do when there.

Im not sure how you can conclude that with any real certainty. Thats just an assumption on your part, perhaps to, in your own mind, discredit what Ive written.

I have numerous ideas; however those were not the focus of the OP. Writing out an entire thesis on how to proceed afterwards would be very long.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join