It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Network of Stone Age Tunnels that Weaves from Scotland to Turkey

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34
Yeah a large area that is being called "doggerland" now was above sea level. Ireland wasn't an Island completely until ~12,000 or 10,000 BCE, and Britain wasn't until ~5000 BCE. During those years there were a series of devastating tsunamis from landslides in modern Norway. Loose boulders and smaller rocks and loose land in general and such from retreating glaciers would pile up and sometimes fall into the North Sea en masse.

It still is along the East coast of England. Scarborough and Filey in particular have suffered massive coastal erosion in the past couple of decades. All that coast is lined with material pushed there by glacial movements. In the flash floods a few years ago, huge chunks of land fell into the sea at Filey. And in Scarborough, grand houses that have seen their once huge gardens consumed by the sea are now waiting for it to take the houses too. It is a continuation of the same process that sank Doggerbank as I understand it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
"Hollow Earth"

Who says it has to be Hollow in the convention terms, Why can't Tunnels 70mm wide that circumnavigate the globe be "Hollow Earth"

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would guess these tunnels are either man-made underground refridgerators (the air is considerable cooler underground and especially underground water is really cold), or water-made tunnels.

I don't think the people had to hide from Tyrannosaurus's or that Reptilians made these.

However I'm interested in finding out the truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"where's the poop?"

think about it, i think either this was an open sewer system or it was natural from water long time before.

no hiding no stuff. if i know humans, they gots to poop. lol!!

it's a scientific fact!

bet half you guys are on the pot right now!

find a crapper and then tell me humans built the tunnels.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am just wondering as to what evidence that man made the tunnels? Have they found remains, tools, any markings on the walls as caveman has done in the past?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I was actually first with my posting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although yours is nicer and has pictures

I did in-fact live VERY close to where many of those tunnels are (not anymore now, moved to Spain)...but back in Germany i never heard about them.

Now..i have to say i know more fascinating examples of underground cities, for example that Underground City Derinkuyu (talked about in Ancient Aliens) which fascinated me a lot.

But those tunnels seems rather non-spectacular, and to be honest they simply do not look like they were made for long-term stay of humans.....i THINK they might have had some practical use like storage. Maybe for food storage or maybe for wood?

On a related and somewhat funny side-note...in the area where many of those holes are (southern Germany, Austria etc..)..we do actually have plenty and old so called "beer caves" and other old storage caves. (Yes, brewers used them in the olden times to store beer.)

So the thought is not absurd that people some thousands of years ago used something similar...but instead dug down..maybe really as simple as wood storage
edit on 6-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have a theory that these tunnels were build by Scots after nuclear war.
Remember the vitrified forts?

he obvious choice is that the forts have been vitrified by an attacking force. This leads us to the major problem confronting scientists and archaeologists however, as Clarke noted, "The temperatures required to vitrify the entire fort structure in-situ are equal to those found in an atomic bomb detonation." No known method for vitrification of such large scale objects has ever been discovered in pre-modern history. Archaeologists have tried to reproduce the process but without success, they have 'vitrified' small sections of forts but nothing on the scale of an entire fort and concede that it appears impossible. Could the forts have been attacked by technology 'not of this earth'? It really does seem like the only answer, but it almost goes without saying that no such record of an attack exists, and certainly no such record of technology which could produce these temperatures has been recorded. Or has it? It's a huge leap of the imagination but nuclear/atomic weapons have been described in historical writings - The Mahabbarat describes one of the Gods (who was responsible for a 'race' of people) as using what can only be interpreted as a laser to 'heat' ground based objects to super high temperatures and 'fusing' them as a sign of his displeasure...I stress this wasn't lightning which was well documented and understood - this was a 'light beam'. Curiously Robert Oppenheimer, creator of the atomic bomb, chose to quote from these same Indian writings when discussing his first nuclear detonation. Even more remarkable was when he was asked if - the nuclear explosion he oversaw was the first? His reply was - "Yes, in modern times"

highstrangeness.net...
en.wikipedia.org...
archaeology.about.com...

These forts could be escape route or supply route for clandestine/guerilla war scots lead against these unknown attacking force. In case of nuclear winter, it could also be a storage rooms for food or other supplies.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think we will have to see what is found, in the sense of Human Items.... tools, living means.

If they are just tunnels-that go on and on.... most likely they were naturally formed and some parts may have been utilzed by humans that happened to discover their existence.

But, I still do like the concept put forth that around 14,000 years ago an Ice Age may have driven people from the whole region to go underground-to some degree.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Those tunnels were made by humans who went underground to escape an atomic war. In other words, bomb shelters. An ancient global civilization once existed. Go to this thread, among others:

Maybe the tunnels don't look that sophisticated because the ones discovered are the Outermost tunnels, distant from more advanced chambers...

Dig deeper and deeper and I would not be at all surprised if they become a lot more advanced, showing machining and precision cutting...

Leading to some huge chambers housing things the governments of the world would Not allow the public to know about.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Pow..... Smoking gun... they could not have done this in the dark!!! Genuis!!!

It doesn't look like there is enough ventilation to even use torches.

The only viable light source would be candles. Ideally, they would be used in lanterns.

So I'm looking at the wiki now and supposedly, candles only go back to 200BC in China and 400 AD in Europe. Apparently there isn't any evidence of candles going further back then that...but I wonder what you'd really expect to find from such a perishable item.

It would seem unlikely for hunter gatherers to come by enough bees wax or even cow fat. However as soon as you have people hunting with bluffs and corrals, they would have had the large supply of animals and enough people for the specialization to clean them all and get the fat and do something with it like make a bunch of tallow candles.

I wonder how old the oldest known lantern is? It seems like it would have been possible to make one by the bronze age at the latest. Even further back, it wouldn't have been impossible to make a few of them if only you had the right ideas.

You're not looking at the big picture. Let's assume that an advanced society existed thousands of years ago and these caves were created as bomb shelters in the advent of a nuclear war (which eventually came, either that or some worldwide natural cataclysm). They would not be using conventional candles, I don't think. What we're dealing with is Lost Knowledge and Technology. Ditto for how the pyramids were lit. Check This Out:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

And if you're into that, you might wanna give em hell on this local thread:

where 4 out of 5 people think I'm nuts...and it's got nothing to do with the pet squirrels I feed.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I just found this video i like to share

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Memenquay

You should always check sources. That's Underground Cappadocia and it dates to about 700 BC. en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join