It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Network of Stone Age Tunnels that Weaves from Scotland to Turkey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViP3r
They built these tunnels to hide from extraterrestrial's ,since the aliens were having there own war at the time, people had to have a place to go to survive !

Mars or Earth

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

SnF OP this is great stuff. Someday they may come upon a grusome find. Those 30 kids their teacher and guide, that in this century, became lost to the underworld. I believe they we're on Malta

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was thinking about this very topic as I read this op, and about the lady who found the lower entrance and the beings she described she seen across the ledge.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Both !

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ViP3r

Indeed thanks

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think they built things of this magnitude just for the heck of it back then. They must have been necessary. To run from what; to hide from what? Was it tactic to fight the Scotts? This is an awesome find.

edit on 5-8-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ahuh ! And concerning what she saw, have you also come to a plausible theory about bigfoot?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Underground city in Turkey , people built it to try to hide from aliens that were trying to bomb them from the sky.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If much of the land mass in that area was covered with ice 12k years ago, that would give them good reason to "dig down".

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Ahuh ! And concerning what she saw, have you also come to a plausible theory about bigfoot?

Or Chewbacha
Mammals

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Very nice. I will post more later, just wanted to get a reply in so I could find it easily after work. Nice find.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
On the subject of hiding from aliens, perhaps it was the other way around. Cherokee legend has it that when they first moved to North Alabama, there was a small race of white people who lived underground already occupying that territory. Supposedly they buried their dead in mounds and they taught this to the Cherokee, who originally burned their dead. They said the "white people" were a peaceful race, and also that they had large round eyes. It's unknown as far as I can tell, what happened to this race. I read this in a reference book at my library.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Interesting stuff..

About the lack of mentioning alien attacks, it was actually one of the first things that sprang to my mind.

It's from a tv series though (stargate SG1) but WHAT IF they were indeed hiding from the socalled "culling" like they were doing in stargate?

Other than hiding from something, I don't see any other reason why ancient man would need those tunnelnetworks and if they were used on a regular basis (for storage or whatever) i guess the passages wouldn't be only 70cm at places.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Not much bigger than a wormhole... well everything else back in the ancient world was supersized, why not worms? or moles? Or some other ancient animal that lived underground for millions of years and burrowed holes.

And made some benches and storage rooms while at it...

right...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus
How could Stone Age man build these tunnels without a proper light source?
Don't tell me scienctists hold they did it with the use of primitive torches.

Pow..... Smoking gun... they could not have done this in the dark!!! Genuis!!!

Furthermore... does anyone know where the scottish tunnels are?? i live there and own a car and im totally willing to travel to see them

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
About the lack of mentioning alien attacks, it was actually one of the first things that sprang to my mind.

I don't believe that this might be the reason as there are two things that don't fit for me:
- If aliens ever managed to reach earth (personally I would consider this to be possible) the must be really advanced. I mean they managed to fly through space with the speed of light or using wormholes or whatever to reach us. If the really want to kill humans here it's a button press for them and every lifeform is gone. I guess they would have cool 3d (or even 4d) scanners and could see any human hiding somewhere from outer space.
- Creating these tunnels can't be done in just a few weeks even with today machines. I just can't believe that any alien race would give us so much time to hide.

Maybe the earth was to warm or the sun to bright in the past? Maybe they tried to hide where it's cool and/or dark. If this is true there are some options ranging from another sun, damaged atmosphere (vulkanos..), huge burning fires (maybe caused by comets).

My bet is that we never find out the truth here as it's too long ago. If there is something left than maybe by word of mouth documented in the Bible/Quran...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

Ur getting me wrong, "culling" isnt "killing"

In SG1 humans were a foodsource for an alien race and they culled planets like a farmer does with a herd that gets too big for the meadow. They kill/eat the excess to keep the rest of the "stock" healthy.

Not saying this is what they were for but it's what popped up in my head, especially since it's dated 12K years old. Most things i've heard/read regarding ancient structures and their timeframe of construction seems to be around that period.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Mainstream science maintains the argument that we were nothing more than homer simpsons 12k years ago and that there were no major advanced civilizations.

Did you see the article about the 11,000 yr-old Turkish "henges" in Nat Geo in June? ngm.nationalgeographic.com...
Turns out, although the people did not live there, there were giant circular constructs using multi-ton stones that were engraved with human features and also animal images. New theories that discredit the "moron" view we had.

en.wikipedia.org...

Do an ATS search for Gobelki Tepe; you'll find more info from some years ago...

But, if someone built those circlular temple-type things that long ago, they clearly weren't "morons", or they weren't "humans"...

then think about the Dulce Report of the underground military base in New Mexico, which supposedly might have been built (accidently) on top of an other-species settlement that was underground.

Who knows?

I just think, what with all the Ancient Astronaut hieroglyphs, carved planes, etc., it's seeming more possible that our "species" were not the first "sentient" or "intelligent" species to inhabit this planet.
And maybe they're still here, but underground.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks for the information. This could indeed be a possible scenario.

Have you heard ob the tunnels below the pyramid in bosnia? The strange phenomenon the called SBI there:
Huge tunnel system below possible pyramid

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i just can not see that these tunnels were carved out by man and in the dark at that .
and due to the size and lenght of these tunnels , surely they would have suffocated by the smoke and the burning up of the oxygen if they had used torches .

i think that these tunnels was caused by water erosion and man adapted them for his own means
perhaps for shelter or food storage .
but most certainly not for defence , because they would have placed themselves in danger of being smoked out or even the entrances being blocked up by the enemy .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join