It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Network of Stone Age Tunnels that Weaves from Scotland to Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Stone Age man created a massive network of underground tunnels criss-crossing Europe from Scotland to Turkey, a new book on the ancient superhighways has claimed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c321b3a4c684.jpg[/atsimg]
Evidence of Stone Age tunnels has been found under hundreds of Neolithic settlements all over Europe - the fact that so many have survived after 12,000 years shows the original tunnel network must have been huge

German archaeologist Dr Heinrich Kusch said evidence of the tunnels has been found under hundreds of Neolithic settlements all over the continent. In his book - Secrets Of The Underground Door To An Ancient World - he claims the fact that so many have survived after 12,000 years shows that the original tunnel network must have been enormous.

'Across Europe there were thousands of them - from the north in Scotland down to the Mediterranean.
'Most are not much larger than big wormholes - just 70cm wide - just wide enough for a person to wriggle along but nothing else. 'They are interspersed with nooks, at some places it's larger and there is seating, or storage chambers and rooms. 'They do not all link up but taken together it is a massive underground network.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fb924498390.jpg[/atsimg]
Not for the claustrophobic: Most of the tunnels are just 70cm wide - just wide enough for a person to slowly wriggle through

Source:www.dailymail.co.uk...

I found this article also... some more pics.
germanherald.com...

Well now. Isn't this interesting. Pretty short article and only two pics so I really can't expand on that one. I say the theory maybe a little large but hey, I am not over there. But, from Scottland to Turkey>>>> dam.

Okay, let's start with Why were they even constructed. Some points brought up in the article seem pretty mondane. I think they should have included possible UFO/Alien Wars/Attacks. Make it a bit more interesting.

This will be an interesting one to watch and see what the real deal is.... if it isn't what they are claiming.

Any of our ATSers near these places and could check them out? Let us know.

I heard the book mentioned in only published in German.

edit on 8/4/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They need to keep digging down....There is much more than this to find, but they are at least starting to uncover the tip of that proverbial ice burg.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The last sentence is the most intriguing sentence in the whole article. This is a pretty incredible find. Tunnels that are over 12,000 years old? My question is why would stone age people need to do this? It just doesn't make any sense. You would think that they have bigger and more important things to worry about them building tunnels.

Unless they didn't build them.

Dum-dum-duuuummmmm.

In some cases writings have been discovered referring to the tunnels seen as a gateway to the underworld.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Well now you just earn a big star... for that one..

Maybe they/we (humans) didn't build them.

That gave me the willies in my stomach.

And, for the dumdumdum... Perfect!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
just looking at that picture makes me feel claustrophobic

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
They probably built them to live in the winter months and to store food

or to hide from somthing.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thank you and a star for you for starring me HAHA!

But seriously I'm sure that we will read that article and then never hear about this again and there will never be anymore developments.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If they are not linked together perhaps at some point humans just made these tunnels for shelter? From the sounds of it if these tunnels are not actually connected together and they are calling them a network because the tunnels have been seen around the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
First thought that came to mind was maybe they had to do this to survive an extinction level event.
Maybe it was the last passing of Niburu
jk

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I guess why the need for tunnels? Were they hiding from something or just used them for storage.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Interesting find.
I wonder if they tie in with these tunnels as well?
Mysterious Tunnels under Europe

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Billions of people would fit in all the tunnels in earth.

I wonder when it's harvesting time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Hands brown bag..............*Breathe*

My Mum is the same, she cannot even look at certain things as it, she hyper-ventilate

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am missing something here, are they trying to say there is an actual ancient tunnel that goes underneath the English Channel? I have a lot of doubts about that, especially considering the size and quality of the tunnel construction in the photos available. Maybe it does, I don't know.

Maybe what they mean was that you can find the tunnels from Scotland to Turkey, but they did not mean that the tunnel network connects all the way from Scotland to Turkey, because that's a really really long tunnel.

If it were really that extensive and vast, it would put the Great Wall of China to shame.

I just have a hunch that these are separate unconnected tunnels of the same nature found all over the place, not necessarily connecting to each other, although I am sure in some cases there are connections plausibly.
edit on 4-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

What is you favorite,personally i like rh negative and massive amounts of adrenochrome hormone yum yum.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Maybe you are onto something, the Elite have Denver Airport and we have the tunnels..................HELP I need to lose weight

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Perhaps as a response to the Younger Dryas climate shift?

The Melott et al. study thus lays out a test for the occurrence of a Younger Dryas bolide impact, constrained by observations of the recent Tunguska impact. Their estimates, however, for the increases in nitrate and ammonium associated with a Younger Dryas–size comet are orders of magnitude larger than observed in the Summit Greenland ice core records; the Younger Dryas nitrate and ammonium increases are at most just half of the Tunguska increase. Likewise, the anomalies noted at the start of the Younger Dryas appear to be non-unique in the highest-resolution records (Figs. 1A and 1B). This may be due to the ice core sample resolution. The GISP2 ∼3.5 yr sample resolution could potentially under-sample a nitrate or ammonium increase (Mayewski et al., 1997) because both compounds have atmospheric residence times of a few years. As Melott et al. note, higher-resolution sampling from the Greenland ice cores could determine if large (i.e., orders of magnitude larger than the Tunguska event) increases in nitrate and ammonium occurred at the start of the Younger Dryas. Several other issues still remain with the bolide-forcing hypothesis for the Younger Dryas. For instance, the original Firestone et al. (2007) impact-marker records have not proven reproducible in a subsequent study (Surovell et al., 2009).

Similarly, a compilation of charcoal records do not indicate large-scale burning of ice-free North America at the onset of the Younger Dryas (Marlon et al., 2009) as put forward by Firestone et al. (2007). Another recent study showed that late Pleistocene megafauna extinctions, potentially attributable to a Younger Dryas impact (Firestone et al., 2007), significantly preceded the Younger Dryas (Gill et al., 2009). Furthermore, it has yet to be demonstrated how a short-lived event, such as a bolide impact (or abrupt Arctic meltwater discharge, i.e., Tarasov and Peltier, 2005), can force a millennia-long cold event when state-of-the-art climate models require a continuous freshwater forcing for the duration of the AMOC reduction (e.g., Liu et al., 2009). If the bolide impacted the southern Laurentide margin near the Great Lakes, it could have opened the eastern outlet of Lake Agassiz, but Great Lake till sequences are not disturbed (e.g., Mickelson et al., 1983).

geology.gsapubs.org...

If the Younger Dryas was caused, not by a single big bolide, but by a rain of smaller ones, that, combined with the change itself would give the impetus to tunnel, I think.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Exactly, I suspect they are hyping it are on purpose as of course they are selling a book. I don’t get why these "Super highways" did not kick up a storm ages ago if many have been found before, maybe the archaeologists find them insignificant. I suspect over exaggeration and misleading wording is at play.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Some connect and others do not..................thinks, buying the books helps

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well this is certainly an interesting find. Kinda makes you wonder about how far we're really "advanced" now as in respect to what people did long ago. Put's things in a bit of a reality check.

I would also agree that this line:

In some cases writings have been discovered referring to the tunnels seen as a gateway to the underworld.

from daily mail is particularly interesting.

Also found this, which looks interesting in regards to the Terraria Superhighway...just think what else has yet to be discovered.
www.terrariaonline.com...
edit on 4.8.2011 by Shugo because: Added link

edit on 4.8.2011 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join