It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers the next terrorist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Its starting already.

Today I was watching ABC 7 news in L.A. when a blurb came on that said.

"Hackers hack Insulin pumps and other medical devices to overdose patients, are you at risk?"

Thats all comercial for the news stated, that was it, nothing more.

Went researching and this is what I found.

Black Hat Lethal Hack

Security researcher Jay Radcliffe is a diabetic who is connected to an insulin pump and glucose monitor at all times. He said that combination of devices turned him into a Human SCADA system. Radcliffe decided to find out if proprietary wireless communication could be reverse-engineered and a device used to launch an injection attack that would manipulate a diabetic's insulin and possibly cause a patient's death. At the Black Hat security conference, Radcliffe is sharing his findings in his presentation called, "Hacking Medical Devices for Fun and Insulin: Breaking the Human SCADA System."

So this was a proof of concept done by someone who knows security systems to see if it was possible, and the news turns it into HACKERS KILLING PEOPLE? really ? wth?
edit on 4-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Mod Note : Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4-8-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod note , add external source tags

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That is the news for you. The government wants everyone labeled a terrorist so that we will all fear and tell on each other. Just like Nazi Germany. This story should hit national news soon, and then everyone will turn on hackers and want more security on the Webz.

classic

Problem - Reaction - Solution

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To be fair, hackers are terrorists by definition. That being said, terrorism against an evil entity will surely be viewed as just

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Does anyone else think this is like when they came out with the Body Scanners, and then after that mentioned that women with explosives injected in their breast implants, that their implants cannot be detected by those scanners?

They just up the threat, and no matter what protection extreme devices they come out with, it will never be enough, they will make up another threat to force you to give in to more intrusion.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
hey news flash hackers aint good people.

hackers break the law and they do escalate its only a matter of time before something seriously aweful happens

and you know why?

too many people are defending these people as just harmless.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
To be fair, hackers are terrorists by definition. That being said, terrorism against an evil entity will surely be viewed as just

Use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system
- they hacked into a bank's computer

Gain unauthorized access to (data in a computer)
- hacking private information from computers

or

The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims

Hackers are not by definition terrorists.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
hey news flash hackers aint good people.

hackers break the law and they do escalate its only a matter of time before something seriously aweful happens

and you know why?

too many people are defending these people as just harmless.

There are tons of people that do crazy stuff and you don't go calling all of them terrorists. When a guy gets drunk and runs his truck into some people..do you going banging on the doors of General Motors screaming terrorists?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

everyone is a terrorist these days hey yell at the tsa for groping you- your a terrorist

say something negative about obama your a terrorist. think spending within your means is a smart thing to do and the government should stop spending aka teaparty your a terrorist.

everyone is a terrorist!!!!
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hahah; Exaaactly!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thats like saying weed leads to heroin, Hacker does not equal killer.

Ive hacked and modded many of my own electronics, that by definition makes me a Hacker, I guess that makes me a terrorist and killer by your definition.

Guess Gitmo here i come...

edit on 4-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

join