It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renton Police Want Man Jailed For Mocking Police Department In Cartoon Parody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?? That is free speech if I've ever seen it and the cops want to arrest the man. We need a new law in this country. If you even propose something unconstitutional seriously you will be tried for treason. I'm done with it. "Oh it was a mistake we didn't mean to trample on their rights" no you clearly did.

It's treason. All of it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

No kidding, this is 100% pure and true free speech. If political satire isn't covered, then tear the whole thing up. It really is as dated and worthless as some keep claiming it is. I can't believe I'm in America some days. It just isn't American to even suggest, let alone dedicate resources to finding who made CARTOONS...simply MAKING FUN...of what clearly are local public officials! jeeeeze.....

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

True that. I mean surely someone will join into this thread soon defending the cops here but I can't wait for that because I truly can't see a reason this is acceptable. How do they get away with stuff like this?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
gee cops getting promoted when they didnt deserve and them having sex while on duty is really a stretch

that happens everywhere and sure enough they shouldnt be going after the dude if it was a dude.

when taxapayers foot the bills they have the right to speak up when those tax dollars are not being spent well.

and free speech is free speech the city needs to stop acting like nazis.

zeig heil zeig heil meh
edit on 4-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

not all cops are bad quite of few ats posters are cops

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm truly getting scared here. I mean we always hear about problems with cops but with this new super congress thing I'm just like "wtf" anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

lets just stick with the cops for this thread

fair enough?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am aware of this. I wasn't trying to say all cops are bad. My local sheriff is a really cool dude. lol

reply to post by neo96

I was just referencing it. I know this isn't the thread for that. Clearly.

edit on 8/4/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

gee, sorry drew, already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

lol a star for posting a vid i had to post them on afterthoughts thread myself however if you have links to all the vids you could post them as there are only two parodies available at the mo

EDIT oops sent y'all straight to page 2 sorry fixed now
edit on 4-8-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not surprised by anything anymore. We're in 1984.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ugh, mind control.

I don't even find these things funny to be honest, the same voices and cardboard animation... I guess it works for some people.

It's just not very imaginative.

The content of it however should be freely allowed if it made it past the youtube restrictions.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by klenker

The content of it however should be freely allowed if it made it past the youtube restrictions.

Wait a sec, I hope you misworded that.

So if Youtube restricts something, it shouldn't be freely allowed?

I bet you didn't mean that, hehe.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So why aren't the creators of South Park and every other cartoon that makes humorous reference to real-world people and events in prison?
I agree with op, the people responsible for trying to go after the person who made these cartoons should be charged with treason.

This is no longer the land of the free when TPTB are allowed to get away with such actions.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Sorry I just found that thread. I just heard about this story from Mox. I make it my goal to post important stuff I see on Mox so long as I dont see it anywhere else. I guess I missed it this once.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I think I'm gonna follow up on this. This is not good at all and for a judge to issue a warrant to search for evidence on this? How do you say POLICE STATE? It just keeps getting more and more amazing folks. I kinda need that little boy on that commercial right down there saying, "Will wonders never cease?"

edit on 8/4/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So, when are officials going to make it mandatory for police officers to pass the bar exams so they actually have an understanding of the law and what their job is and what their rights are as a servant. This is completely necessary. Not only that, but when are police going to be mentally profiled as to avoid making sociopaths and overly sensitive people cops. Think about it, if you don't want to be mocked then find a different job or do this one properly. Deny ignorance is the ATS motto, maybe the governments motto should be.......

"Deny incompetence"

new topics

top topics

join