It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You See A U.F.O. In Vestal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

actually try thousands of people, given the number of similar sightings that have occured in the last few decades.

but obviously everyone's just a liar.

statistically there of course has to be a certain percentage of liars and hoaxers out there, but to say that of every single case that has ever happened? just blind denial i'm afraid. i am not putting my faith in this being legit, im simply saying that the amount of cases that still have question marks is really making the idea of them all being hoaxes simply silly and completely illogical.

even if ONE of them is true, the implications are still the same. trying to deconstruct every single occurrence with an existing skeptical mindset is becoming a losing battle, and is a mentality that is getting phased out more with each day.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta
you have so little faith in humanity that you are straight up prepared to disregard every eyewitness account without any further knowledge on the subject.

The little faith I had in humanity just got less when you falsely stated there were multiple eyewitnesses even though the first sentence in the article says,

"One viewer says he saw an unidentified flying object in the Southern Tier sky."

edit on 4-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

'at least 10 other people saw it'

you have to give this statement the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, just because the supposed witnesses aren't all internet conspiracy enthusiasts who jumped on the computer straight away doesn't mean they couldn't possibly exist/have valid opinions.

let me put it this way, if for some reason (and i'm sure this is a hard concept for you to understand) these 10 witnesses do exist and could validate the pic/story, what would your opinion be on it then? purely hypothetical - i'll go first and say that if it hypothetically turned out to be an elaborate fraud i would have no problem believing that, and would move on; because i'm not trying to claim divine knowledge over the subject based on personal bias.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

The truth needs both sides for the truth is always in the middle. You can never find truth unless you open your mind to all possibilities. You sound really defensive in your tone. Debate from skeptics and believers is how we discover truth and it's nothing to be angry about.

Ricky, I'm not disagreeing with you brother. I'm seeking just as you are
edit on 4-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

post by RickyVelveeta
but to say that of every single case that has ever happened? just blind denial i'm afraid.

Who said that ? , if you want a truly interesting case check out the 1976 Iran UFO , one of the best cases on record in my opinion .
en.wikipedia.org...

The story in the OP has Hoax written all over it .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by RickyVelveeta
but to say that of every single case that has ever happened? just blind denial i'm afraid.

Who said that ? , if you want a truly interesting case check out the 1976 Iran UFO , one of the best cases on record in my opinion .
en.wikipedia.org...

The story in the OP has Hoax written all over it .

IDK about hoax written all over it for this is my first post, and well I only posted it because my gf (originating from the binghamton [ny] area) mentioned that her best friend from home told her about the UFO sightings (i won't go into her dreams that involved her child) and I figured I'd ask the broader audience at large... so yeah no elegant agenda of anything besides wanting to know wtf!?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
whoa...hello!!!`first one to say "frisbee" or "pie tin" needs to take a better look.

i just checked the file info, and there's no sign of this being touched in photoshop...sorry, debunkers
edit on 2011/8/4 by moonweed because: update

File info? There is no file info (EXIF data).. Oh and I have a feeling this isn't the original size photo...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So much is happening now! Just on Wednesday (Aug 3rd) a BBC sports news presenter saw something very similar on his way to work in the early hours of the morning! Exciting times for ufologists!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join