It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: May be liquid water on Mars right now + animation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

NASA: May be liquid water on Mars right now + animation

dvice.com

Dark seasonal streaks on crater walls could be flows of salty water

We've known for a while now that there's water ice on Mars, and we've seen lots of tantalizing suggestions that liquid water may have once existed on the surface in huge rivers and oceans. Today, NASA announced that for the first time, they may have actually spotted some flowing, liquid water, and here are the pics to prove it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pbs.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Water flow on Mars! NASA Scientist says.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
dvice.com...

There she goes.

Water flow on Mars!

However, as one can see, Martian water doesn't last long because of low atmospheric pressure. Even so, small bits of life could live on this, and with it looking like its coming out of rocks, its probably in underground caves. With the recent discovery of Methane production on Mars, it's also likely that such life forms produce this with these scarce waters.

Bare in mind that it is summer right now on mars, a comfortable 30-60 degrees Fahrenheit, that's -1 to 15 C for you Euro bros. Mars is geologically dead, and that methane production and water movement would be undisturbed, and heat would be biochemical or sunlight. This means either light geological activity and caves that run deep, and or surface caves with lots of life.

Have fun exploring!

dvice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There is a thread already about this on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Very very interesting.. Now we just need to get under the surface an see what dwells below!
s+f

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Could be life on Mars in some underground cavern like we find here on Earth.
Not all life needs sunlight apparently...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Salt water, sandy beaches and probably won't get a sunburn (I'm fair skinned)...when can I jump on a plane to Mars? Just saw this quick video with some commentary to add to your thread.

I don't know if this video will embed so here is the link -
Flowing Water on Mars Video

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Thanks!

Looks legit.

Remember, where water flows, life lives.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Great find, im watching it on the TV at the min whilst typing.

I often wondered if we (humans) were from Mars, and we just forgot how we came here. Maybe what we are looking for (Aliens) is just us. We messed up Mars, and moved here, and now we are gonna mess up Earth.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can remember astronomers in the '60's saying they had seen evidence by comparing seasonal imagery of water melting and flowing, then freezing again, and in places less severe towards the equator, they felt that it would be a daily occurance of these melts and refreezes at night...

Funny how NASA likes to reannounce new discoveries every decade or even yearly, like water discovered on the moon several times... Someone there probably sees mars as a last best hope to get some funding increases, and so they are announcing this as some breakthrough that will make future missions there worthwhile enough to get on the marketing campaign right now.. Just another hat trick of sorts..

This is obviously just a PR stunt since they are getting p'ssed on so much lately :lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe they can truck it down to Texas????

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wait! Hold the phone..

Didn't we already know that water occasionally flows on the surface of Mars during the warmer seasons?

We already have photos from 2006 that showed a fluid substance reaching the surface of mars.

NASA Images Suggest Water Still Flows in Brief Spurts on Mars

I've seen the new photos as well. The newer photos are pretty much identical to the older ones. The only difference really is that the older ones were a black and white comparison of two photos and this new one is a color comparison of two photos.

Also, I thought Phoenix pretty much proved that water interacts with the martian surface.

The news story from today is also confusing and contradictory. It was in no way worthy of NASA making a big "announcement" of important news. We already knew what the photos suggest.

Just another reason to finally get human beings on Mars (which we should've done 20 years ago).

-ChriS
edit on 4-8-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Whenever I hear or see these bulletins on the radio or papers with headlines such 'possibility' 'may' 'could' e.t.c in regards to 'life elsewhere' (lets face it, the whole articles are to keep people on their toes in regards to life existing elsewhere) I have to think to myself what benefits do those people get at the top.

Looking at the data it is clear that these people that have known about the existence of water on mars and MUCH more , since the late 70's early 80's, so why now? why share what you know to others when it has been sat on for such a time?

Project Bluebeam is always on my mind especially thinking along the lines of the upcoming inevitable global economy meltdown.

edit on 5-8-2011 by franspeakfree because: glitch in the matrix

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove
Great find, im watching it on the TV at the min whilst typing.

I often wondered if we (humans) were from Mars, and we just forgot how we came here. Maybe what we are looking for (Aliens) is just us. We messed up Mars, and moved here, and now we are gonna mess up Earth.

Funny you should mention this. I just finished reading "Genes, Giants, Monsters and Men: The Surviving Elites of the Cosmic War and Their Hidden Agenda" (published 2011). The author, Joseph P. Farrell, is a serious scholar (Oxford U) and his research meticulous.

The book is too complex to summarize here (I've only just finished it and need to read it again to take notes).
But the info is mind-blowing. Farrell references Hoagland's research about Mars, and Cremo & Thompson's "Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race," among others.

To paint Farrell's ideas with a broad brush, our solar system has been visited by various ETs for millions of years, possibly as far back as a billion years (as indicated by artifacts trapped in geological strata). ET's colonized our solar system millions of years ago. Outposts on Mars. There was a great "Cosmic War" that nearly wiped out all of the ET's. An entire planet was destroyed.

The surviving ETs (Annunaki) came to Earth and created a serving/slave class by taking an existing hominid and genetically re-engineering it with their own genes. (Zecharia Sitchin)

This book is the most recent in a series that deals with the "Cosmic War" and its surviving Elites who continue to rule our planet Earth.

Farrell's other books include:

"Babylon's Banksters: The Alchemy of Deep Physics, High Finance and Ancient Religion."

"The Philosopher's Stone: Alchemy and Search for Exotic Matter."

I forgot to mention that there are stories (from another source) of our star ancestors having come to Earth after Mars became uninhabitable.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Known and proven are two different things.

That's why.

Officials don't speculate, or at last they try not to. looks bad when they're wrong, even if they're dead.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
The news story from today is also confusing and contradictory. It was in no way worthy of NASA making a big "announcement" of important news. We already knew what the photos suggest.

That's exactly right.
They first released information which "Suggested" there was liquid water interacting with the Martian surface. Those older "before and after" black and white images. Please reread the title of your link again. NASA Images "Suggest" Water Still Flows in Brief Spurts on Mars. It seems some people took it upon themselves to simply believe NASA was stating a point of fact. While in reality they were simply saying "Hey we found circumstantial evidence that "Suggest" water interacts with the Martian surface.

This new article shows animated visual conformation of such "Previously Suggested" interactions, so in essence it's no longer a possibility but a confirmed fact. The following is from the OPs source.

We've known for a while now that there's water ice on Mars, and we've seen lots of "tantalizing suggestions" that liquid water may have once existed on the surface in huge rivers and oceans. Today, NASA announced that for the first time, they may have actually spotted some flowing, liquid water, and here are the pics to prove it.

top topics

join