It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the world were a population of 100 people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Found these facts about the population of the world. Thought I would put it out there for everyone.
I cannot confirm that all the information is 100% correct, I will leave a link at the bottom as to where I saw it.

www.ewook.com...

edit on 4/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
thank you very much, very informatory.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Using mobile ats I dont see anything.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
thank you very much, very informatory.

there is also a youtube video that is similar to this which is pretty cool.. ill try and find it.

found it..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Amazing equations. We are --far-- from the world of Star Trek, then, where everyone......never---worries about food water and shelter, only how much self improvement and involvement in the universe, they did today.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Using mobile ats I dont see anything.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

sorry about that.. its just some pictures with facts about the population of our planet..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Quite profound...

But why did they use a banana for the Sexual Orientation slide..?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Quite profound...

But why did they use a banana for the Sexual Orientation slide..?

i thought exactly the same thing..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That is adorable, what is with the banana ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That is adorable, what is with the banana ?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The thing is, the data is wrong, and/or out of date.

www.snopes.com...

They even have an article on it there, anyone else feel this thread could be locked? The presentation was fairly amusing but still, the bottom line is the data is out of date and/or completely wrong.

Some of the data (the literacy rate) is about right.
edit on 4-8-2011 by TheReasonableSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

AMAZING DATA LAYOUT!
STARZ!!!!

On topic the education, computer and food numbers are
But the air -water seemd safe as well as religion SO THE LIGHT IS REACHING EVERYWHERE no matter the religion
1 likes....

Starz and Flag good job with this many thanks.

edit on 8/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReasonableSkeptic
The thing is, the data is wrong, and/or out of date.

www.snopes.com...

They even have an article on it there, anyone else feel this thread could be locked? The presentation was fairly amusing but still, the bottom line is the data is out of date and/or completely wrong.

Some of the data (the literacy rate) is about right.

i cannot vouch for the claims of either my information or your article.. but i can see your article the stats from 2000 and 2001.. 12 years ago. maybe its yours thats out of date..

and it was collected on the internet

i wonder about your true intentions here, especially as a new member?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
MInd saying where you got your data from then? And the point of the article was to show that several of these facts were far from being true 10 years ago, and probably aren't true now. Also, if the internet, namely a very credible web site, is not to be used, where did you get your stats from.

My intention of joining was to discuss politics, conspiracy, aliens, and the paranormal in a forum that has almost all different sides being discussed. Despite my name, I do in fact have a belief in that many of these things are real, (namely aliens and the paranormal, self experience and all).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReasonableSkeptic
MInd saying where you got your data from then? And the point of the article was to show that several of these facts were far from being true 10 years ago, and probably aren't true now. Also, if the internet, namely a very credible web site, is not to be used, where did you get your stats from.

My intention of joining was to discuss politics, conspiracy, aliens, and the paranormal in a forum that has almost all different sides being discussed. Despite my name, I do in fact have a belief in that many of these things are real, (namely aliens and the paranormal, self experience and all).

there is a link to where i got it from.. and what i was highlighting in my reply, was your information is in no way an official study. as i said, i cannot vouch for my information... i saw it, presented it... with a link and people can make their own minds up.

but.. you come here with the sole intention of derailing the thread.. in a spiteful way, and you have only been a member since the 3rd..
And what i mean by that is, you come here, leave your lame link, trying to debunk this.. saying all the information here is wrong (which you have no proof nor have you proven) and you actively ask other users to leave negative comments.. and suggest it gets "blocked"

you could have just left your comment about how alot of stats are incorrect... or whatever your point is.

so yeah im still suspicious as to what your true intentions are..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like the us against them mentality for Skin Color.

I'd like to know who made this little presentation.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

There are more races then white people in the world and the map looks like it was made considering the lucky bastards after an ELE to tell you the truth

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by 2012srb

There are more races then white people in the world and the map looks like it was made considering the lucky bastards after an ELE to tell you the truth

What I mean is they lumped everybody else in the same group.

I just find it strange.

new topics

top topics

join