It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recession or Depression?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have been through a few soft recessions. The first memeorable one was in the 70`s when there was gas shortages it was bad, yet remembering the population was probably half it is today. ( no proof here just quessing, am sure someone will fill in the facts) I watch all the MSM from cnn to fox to HLN and msn to many to list them all. Back be in june 2011 it was either CNN, fox, or msn had A economic advisor with ( i may be wrong with this) wall street journal, or maybe washington post had predicted a couple weeks after july 4th holiday the market will crash, if you, wanna know for sure people want you can search the archives in the 3 mentioned medias and you will find it
Then I also reasearch worldy matters, come to sites like this and gather my truths together. I see serious problems know beggining to actually bubble over the kettle america is in. I would say, AMerica is like a pan of boiling soup and any minute it is going to boil over, well I think we are beggining to drip over the side of the pot. from politics, economy, work, mortgage, education, food cost, medical cost, ss, medicade, stresses are mounting and the stock market is reclinning quit fast.
I do not believe we ever came out of the 2007 recession, I think we almost started to see a light at the end of that tunnel, ( maybe plotted out this way -ONLY speculating on the plotted out words-)
So what does ATS think might happen? not a poll in any way, Im jsut curious hwo people across the globe feel. I see many many nations beign taken down.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That would depend on who you ask. The politicians, professionals as they are, say pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
For those like me that see with our own eyes, it's more than a double dip recession. And who comes up with these terms anyway? McPain was the 1st I heard use it during the last primaries. Has anyone else noticed McCain showing the early signs of dementia? I see him flip out a lot when he gets grilled. Maybe we have a lot of these problems because disorders weren't common when most were elected.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
youtu.be...

This video basically explains what every rational economist has known for thirty years.

It's neither recession, nor depression. It is the end of an era and the beginning of something new. It will get rough from here on out for a while, but the world will be better off for it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We are in the beginning stages of our greatest depression. Only a fool would think otherwise.
If there was a basic fundamentals of growth in the US this could be a path for growth but there is none. But for us to compete on a global scale with 3rd would countries- we have to become one.
There is no argument beyond this basic argument.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by strings0305
youtu.be...

This video basically explains what every rational economist has known for thirty years.

It's neither recession, nor depression. It is the end of an era and the beginning of something new. It will get rough from here on out for a while, but the world will be better off for it.

earlier in a different thread I posted a reply that reflects this video, the thread was why did god mak a forbidden fruit..... my reply was this, make note of the last sentence

The forbidden fruit was put into place to teach man laws, rules. we are given everything on the planet just don't touch this one thing. We are given free will to decide for ourselves if we listen to God or not. It is a ying and yang situation, we are offered a choice do as the creator tells us or do as we choose, which one do we decide? And I`m thinking us humans keep making our own choices. Look at the world today, chaos, famine, droughts, floods, the list is endless. In todays times, people want everything, think about it, we keep taking more then we need

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have assumed things will get even worse there in the US and here in the Euro-zone from now on.

US debt ceiling measures are bringing counterparts, markets are selling at high speed and DOW is falling right now. This is a global "attack" masked behind a "fear" reason. The Federal Reserve still watching, but still doing nothing (as Central European Bank). Trichet brought chaos to Euro-Zone this morning and now it's moving across the pond.

More drastic falls will sure follow.

A RED-END of week.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Im going to pull money out tomorrow, when the SHTF the people who are sheeple will not realize cash is worthles and at the beggining cash will be useable.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

It's the beginning of the end of the old system I say. I think we will be all given a new deal maybe currency by the time this runs it's course. 3-15 years of hard times I would imagine excluding the new wars that are bound to arise.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by lbndhr

It's the beginning of the end of the old system I say. I think we will be all given a new deal maybe currency by the time this runs it's course. 3-15 years of hard times I would imagine excluding the new wars that are bound to arise.

You are right. It`s kinda scary looking down the eyes of new life-stlye, watching people destroy each other and themselves, until the calm takes over. well good luck everybody

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Neither, hell on earth.
2nd

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For those of you that really think there could be a "new" world currency - just how would that end up solving everything? What really would be the purpose of this? Obviously it would not be a world wide currency - what about the GB Pound? China? I am not really well versed in all this financial doom and gloom and what is happening in the markets right now, but just watching the news this afternoon about Europe and the US is disturbing.

Just on CNN right now: Japan - Asia stocks dropping and Japan is saying that the US dollar is sinking - they went and bought up lots of US dollars, while selling off all their Yen (hoping to drive down the Yen). But something about that this may have been all done in vain and the Yen is going to collapse perhaps??? The person stating this was cutting out (she was on the phone) and I didn't get everything she said. Then said something about this is foreshadowing what will happen when the Asian markets open in a couple of hours (for Friday, Aug 5). This does not sound good. I guess everyone is on pins and needles waiting for the Asia markets to open as this could set the stage for everything else??

I just want to know, what could be the outcome after tomorrow, as it seems like everything is crashing and whatever has been going on to prevent this total world collapse is only making things worse (example - Japanese Yen)? It seems to me that it would not matter if there were a run on banks because currency would completely be worthless. After how many days, weeks would currency no longer be accepted as a form of payment? This is the first time over the last few years that I am starting to become really concerned.

new topics

top topics

join