It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LAPD raids 6 city animal shelters, confiscates shotguns, rifles, handguns, ammo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
LAPD is getting ready by making sure they are the only agency in the city with weapons.

www.dailynews.com...

"To all personnel: Re weapons and ammunition audit.

"Please give the LAPD all handguns, rifles, shotguns and ammunition that are at your shelter."

Phone calls to Barnette and the LAPD were not immediately returned.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
now i feel safe, thanks LAPD

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They raid even their own

The LAPD's anti-gang unit today raided the city's six animal shelters and confiscated the service weapons of animal control officers as part of a gun audit of Los Angeles Animal Services, the Daily News has learned.

Question is, why are they doing this? An audit?

edit on 4-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its because they care about the animals. Nothing to worry about. Now the animals are safe.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
LAPD is getting ready by making sure they are the only agency in the city with weapons.
www.dailynews.com...

"To all personnel: Re weapons and ammunition audit.

"Please give the LAPD all handguns, rifles, shotguns and ammunition that are at your shelter."

Phone calls to Barnette and the LAPD were not immediately returned.

Do you really think so? I mean why do the animal shelters have such serious weapons? Thats weird enough..
Maybe the people running the shelters are criminals..?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
They raid even their own

The LAPD's anti-gang unit today raided the city's six animal shelters and confiscated the service weapons of animal control officers as part of a gun audit of Los Angeles Animal Services, the Daily News has learned.

Question is, why are they doing this? An audit?

Yeah, cause we all know it takes an anti-gang SWAT team to conduct an audit to count guns. I guess the bean counter with the clip board was laid off due to budget cuts.

How many SWAT team members does it take to count a few guns? I'd hate to see what this city does when it comes time to screw in a lightbulb; they'd probably have to call in the National Guard in full riot gear.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thats probably the excuse they'll use when the streets are lined with the National guard in gas masks haha

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
why take animal control officers weapons? does not make sense to me. i dont want a taser or lasso when a uncontrollable mean pit bull is charging me. i want my gun for that. you would think the swat team would understand this as their m.o. is shooting peoples dogs in the night.

new topics

top topics

join