It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian disclosure: “UFO Found” and other documents/photos

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by PW229
If we had a clear picture of the rivets I could identify them within minutes.

Thanks for your input. In relation to your comment about clearer pictures, I just wanted to stress that the photographs in Section 3 were only a sample of the photos of the debris in the relevant file. I'm not sure the other photographs will add to your ability to comment, but if you look at the URLs between the ones for the photos I used in Section 3 as sample images then you can glance at the other images - just in case they assist in your consideration of the debris.

All the best,

Isaac

Started looking and within three photos I came across this one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67f1d31a0e5c.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm interested in the damage on the bottom right. It appears to show tearing. If this is indeed titanium then the forces involved could only be attained in something at high RPM at the time of failure. Impact patterns would not be the same and temperature based failure is clearly displayed in the left of the photograph.
edit on 5-8-2011 by PW229 because: Picture is not displaying properly, fixing it now

edit on 5-8-2011 by PW229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by PW229 because: Typo correction.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I feel a little better now knowing I'm not the only one that can't make sense of these record numbers and groups.
The search function is just as confusing, does this happen to you?
I set the Browse by Record Group to Royal Canadian Mounted Police and hit submit, then I get a results page of what looks to be about 50 results. Then I click the Next link and on the next page it has the same 7 results at the bottom of the page, and the next page, and the next page...
I'm not sure what's going on here.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Yes, that happened to me several times, I don't know why.

As I have worked with several archives here in Portugal, seeing that organisation from a Canadian archive is a little strange. They do not even say how many results the search returned.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Found another block,

/e112/e002799600.jpg to /e112/e002799811.jpg

This is the first one in the /e112/ section. I found it by checking the URL's of random search results, ones that seemed to have a number that stood out from the rest. On the page where it says something like "Page Navigation (1584 pages): 1 > >>", I've been checking the URL's for the first document and last document in those groups (the 1584 pages in this example), but I noticed that not all 1584 documents will have the same URL (i.e. /e112/). For example pages 1-20 might all have a URL that starts with /e110/ but then page 21 could have a URL with /e112/.

edit on 5-8-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Coolness I used to live in Prince Albert but moved to Saskatoon. Just watch the sky nightly in a nice dark area. We do it right in Saskatoon and see 5-10 moving objects in the sky nightly. Every few weeks one of us ends up seeing a genuine UFO and the most recent was over saskatoon where my son and my babysitter were outside about 7-8pm and they seen a red and white UFO in the sky not too far from our house.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Isaac, I've taken a look at this documentation from the Canadians and it's incredibly interesting. It prompted me to visit your website, and I must say there is quite the wealth of information. I saw your website is going to go into full-gear this December, and I wanted to know what kind of benefits users would have access to if they register. Are you looking for a discussion outlet with the registration? a Forum? I know you post on ATS a great deal and was wondering what you were planning. Will there be opportunities for users to upload information as well? Good luck to you. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. You're quite the researcher. S&F, naturally.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Very impressive, a mass amount of knowledge and attention to detail.

This is what is important to Ufology, and once again the Canadian documents proves that the topic was and most probably still is discussed within government circles.

A paper trail will almost certainly always exist.

It will always be immensely difficult to track down and prove the existence of any documents relating to specific incidents.

My thoughts after reading this thread is that, if this kind of documentation existed in Canada in the 1960's with such obvious discussion into the U.F.O phenomenon, it gives me great confidence that the US has a treasure trove of documentation that it still does not want released.

In this field I sometimes get distracted, and even start to loose faith, but it is threads like this that wake me up again!

I look forward to reading further into this.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
S&F Isaac. As a true skeptic this is exactly the type of thread that keeps me coming to ATS. 99% of threads these days are a complete waste of time, with a post of some third party YouTube video showing tiny specks of light in a pitch dark sky. So thank you.

I am yet to digest the information, and will wait for people to post a more complete set of pictures that they find.

My initial reaction to the titanium is that this does point to something terrestrial but not necessarily. I hope that people learn from this thread that whilst there are people willing to bash anything, that a well crafted thread providing logically presented data will produce a great discussion.

I cannot wait to see more images and finds from the Canadian Site.

TTFN
Askbaby.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
true frnd

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

have not quite finished dans 1/8 utube clip s
i will be back
s+f
one of the best in my short time here on ATS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There is so much interesting information here for me to look through.

Thank you so much to the OP for posting this thread!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i'm just wondering where the photo of the debris field is. where are the bodies. and most interesting, where is the photo of the recovery ship that came to retrieve it's craft and the bodies of the crew? just wondering.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I've downloaded just under 6000 of the images and a random look at some 100+/- suggests that they are all UFO-related.

I suspect the archivist just wanted to get it over and done with. Files aren't sequenced in any rational way. For example, Jan 1967 could follow September 1967. A chronological order would at least have helped users of the archives to organise and categorise them into month/year/decade. Instead, it looks like the arduous task of sorting through 8000 files is the only option.

I'm not complaining too much, they're a good rainy day project.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
A chronological order would at least have helped users of the archives to organise and categorise them into month/year/decade.

I second that...

Instead, it looks like the arduous task of sorting through 8000 files is the only option.

Not quite,..

I'll post more later.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I was planning to email the 'Cataloguing and Metadata' staff to ask if there was a spreadsheet or document that related the jpeg numbers to keywords, dates etc. At some level there must be references/metatags to execute searches in their database.

Contact Us...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

According to archival theory, things should be described from the general to the specific, so starting from a records group would be the logical way of doing things, but the documents should be grouped in specific series or sub-series and easily available as individual items, with a description according to the international rules that Canada also uses, ISAD(G).

PS: the company where I work has been making software for archives for several years.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hiya Armap, do you think it's worth contacting them and asking if they have a document file that links the jpg numbers to details? I'm sure there'll be one, but would they be happy to share it?

It would save on the effort although I'm not sure what IK has up his sleeve yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I don't know if they have that information, but if we could get a structured way (something that looked like this, but showing the link to the images) of seeing the data it would be enough.

It's almost as if that UFO database was not treated by the archive people and just bunched together in one place.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
do you think it's worth contacting them and asking if they have a document file that links the jpg numbers to details? I'm sure there'll be one, but would they be happy to share it?

It would save on the effort although I'm not sure what IK has up his sleeve yet.

Hi Kandinsky,

I've been planning such an email for a couple of weeks (with a couple of additional points and requests), but to increase the chance of being taken seriously I wanted to be able to show that other people have done some relevant work in the hope we get a sympathetic reaction.

There are a couple of approaches (some of which are related to one being discussed on the USA thread) which should do much of this work - and show we are fairly serious and not just making a request when passing through the website.

I'm a bit busy with my kids today, so may not be able to post in much detail today.

Can you hold off on any request for a day or two for this reason?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Now spidering the Canadian site and downloading all of the images. I'm capturing all the data I can think of, every record and all data on each of the pages.

The spider does this:

1. Gets 20 search results. Writes down all of the record data.
2. Goes to each record page and gets the information. Adds to the record data.
3. Goes to the View Image page and grabs the Image.

Here's a bit of what I've got so far:

spreadsheets.google.com...

It's not that much stuff, so I should be done this evening...

We'll see how many of the 9500 images I actually get...

Jeff
edit on 7-8-2011 by idealord because: added a url

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join