It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian disclosure: “UFO Found” and other documents/photos

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by idealord
I'd be happy to send you my scripts if you wanted to verify my approach with another professional, but there's no way you could run these Perl scripts without installing Cygwin and all of the supporting libraries.

Hi Jeff,

That sounds a bit beyond me...

I was just poking around and I see no difference in the search results for this URL:

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

Starting with 20000

And this URL:

Well, the relevant part of the Canadian website allows you to limit the search to one of four different record groups - so I'd probably run a small number but on each of those four record groups. The four sets of search results are at the following URLs:

Department of National Defence:

Department of Transport:

National Research Council:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:

Curious about your other ideas about governmental databases. FYI, a few systems are not very happy with people that hit their databases with spiders or bots. Mine aren't aggressive, but it freaks people out and I don't want to get arrested for 'Hacking' when we're just automating our searches!

Mmm.

Well, I wouldn't want to upset the people running one or two of the relevant governmental databases (particularly since one of them is the CIA...).

However, the relevant websites are FOIA websites rather than anything that classified information is stored on.

Taking the CIA as an example, the structure of the relevant part of their FOIA website is similar to the Canadian website (i.e. sequential URLs, with some indexing information available). I'll post more on this later if the idea of automating a search of part of the CIA FOIA doesn't cause red lights to start flashing...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well here's what I got:

parnasse.com...

I made it a Excel 95 spreadsheet. It should have 12771 rows. I ran into a block of data I had to skip in the 1121-2000 section where my parser crapped out when it hit a change in the source of the documents and they started formatting the page differently.

Jeff

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well here's what I got:

parnasse.com...

By eye and from memory, I think all the E numbers (i.e. the end of Column G) are the same as in the earlier draft.

Interestingly, Column I in this draft indicates that all the data you have found so far relates to images from the Department of National Defence.

As I mentioned in the post at the top of this page, that is one of four relevant departments.

I wonder if you could run your spider on each of the other three sets of records (i.e. on the three other URLs I gave)?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'll take a look at that tomorrow, no problem...

Jeff

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
An explanation of why I don't trust the search (or browse) results:

I browsed the Department of National Defence records group, changing the page size to 100 results per page (the maximum it accepts), copied the pages to a SQL database and looked for distinct record numbers. From the whole 1,010 results only 708 were unique.

But I had done the same thing last week, and the results were slightly different, with 765 unique record numbers.

The only records group with no repeated results is the smallest, the "Department of Transport", with 114 unique records.

Now, for some better news.

I think I understand the record numbers and the relation to the number of images for each record.

For example, if we have record "13019-4521-0" and the next one is record "13019-4524-0", that means that the first one has 3 images (4521, 4522 and 4523), so it looks like the second number is the start page of that record on the whole collection.

I will try some searches to see if I can get consistent results from that strange search engine.

PS: it would have been extremely easy if they had a OAI-PMH server, I just needed to point my server to it and get the whole database.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

The 8,766 .jpg's I've got is just under 900 megs.

FYI, a few systems are not very happy with people that hit their databases with spiders or bots. Mine aren't aggressive, but it freaks people out and I don't want to get arrested for 'Hacking' when we're just automating our searches!

Jeff

There was an article in Wired about something like that last month,
www.wired.com...

“It’s like trying to put someone in jail for allegedly checking too many books out of the library.”

edit on 8-8-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
There was an article in Wired about something like that last month,
www.wired.com...

But that case involved someone (allegedly) using various types of deception.

I don't think any of us are suggesting any deception or evading terms and conditions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
By the way, I’ve started taking notes of pages in French – just to pass on to French colleagues for their novelty value. So far, I’ve noted pages with URLs ending in e002748140, e002748585, e002748611, e002748612, e002748617, e002749709 and e002749714. If you happen to spot more, let me know in this thread or by U2U and I’ll add them to the list which I’ll be passing on to French colleagues.

I'll be emailing some French colleagues later today, so if anyone else happens to have made a note of any additional references for more of the Canadian documents which are in French please let me know and I'll include those references in my email.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by Echtelion why was the US Air Force so willing to "play down" the phenomena?

In relation to your comment that the US Air Force played down the phenomena, you may be interested in the Canadian document at the link below:

data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

That Canadian memo states at the end of the first paragraph that "the present USAF policy is to play down the subject".

All the best,

Isaac

And that single quoted statement should speak *volumes* to anyone with an open mind.

Excellent thread Isaac, well done.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Really want to belive,but... the old looking document thing is so easy to fake!! by parties that love dis-information.
dnt we all crave some REAL evidence!!! course...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you read these documents in the proper context you have to see that they are using the term "UFO" as truly "unidentified object coming from the air or from space" as opposed to how the UFO community uses the term to mean "alien spacecraft" of "alien extraterrestrial origin".

This memo does not say this part is from an alien spaceship and it does not indicate that the US Air Force is downplaying the fact that aliens exist and that the Canadian government should not disclose it.

What you are looking at is official documentation regarding fragements of a man-made (probably Soviet or Russian or possibly US Air Force) space vehicle. This is probably a cone of the tip of a rocket that would carry nuclear defense weapons. Of interest is the fact that it is probably foreign material that was examined and probably Russian.

The downplay is that governments do not want to tell people that nuclear defense missle parts are splashing down over their heads because in doing so it would be admitting that they could easily not be able to defend against certain attacks.

This is not a piece of an alien space ship by any means. The thread does not answer this directly so I am pointing it out to those who might interpret some of the posts as indicating a secret has been withheld and that alien spaceships have had parts landing in Canada.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Great work. I believe there are enough good cases out there to indicate something very strange is up.

I like the Shag Harbor incident for a number of reasons. Many witnesses of good standing, including multiple community members police, and military. I found it interesting that the Halifax reporter who broke the case was taken off it as soon as he started getting deeper into the mystery. I found it interesting that this was the first case where the gov. document corrected the community in stating that it was a ufo and not a downed conventional aircraft of some kind. Then there is all the lore from fishermen, divers and military bases down the eastern seaboard whose sightings and experiences connected to this case.

And finally there was the young boy who lived near the harbor who witnessed it. It had such a profound effect on him that he dedicated his life to researching the incident and is the leading authority on the case. His name slips me but he knows his stuff about this case and I think he found the doc I made reference to above by sifting through thousands of docs through freedom of info act.

thanks
edit on 10-8-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
And finally there was the young boy who lived near the harbor who witnessed it. It had such a profound effect on him that he dedicated his life to researching the incident and is the leading authority on the case. His name slips me

The boy was Chris Styles.

He gives his account of events at Shag Harbour about 3 minutes into the video at the link below:

He co-authored, with Don Ledger, a book entitled “Dark Object” (2001).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here's the DOT data:

parnasse.com...

Both CSV text data and a Excel 5.0 spreadsheet. Having a few problems with the other systems as my parser was a little fragile for the change in output.

Cheers!

Jeff

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Here's the DOT data:

parnasse.com...

Thanks Jeff.

I've removed the duplicate images (i.e. the ones with the same content in Column G) from this Department Of Transport spreadsheet (following helpful input from a few Excel experts on another thread here on ATS) and it leaves 35 different images.

Each of those images falls within the last of the known blocks of URLs, set out in this post.

This is heading towards confirming that we already have all, or almost all, the images downloaded using the block approach.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not a progress with the images, but I finally got consistent search results, so I could make a list.

Apparently, if we search for specific information the results look more consistent and reliable than when we use an empty search, so I did several searches by date to get all dates for each month (for example, '10/**/****', to return all records from October from any year).

I couldn't find a way of searching for empty dates (and I could only find two records that had "no date" written in that field), but after joining all records, I got a list of 7680 distinct records.

If my previous theory that the last number shows the image number of the first image in that record, if all records have images, we should have, at least, 7680 images.

PS: as my home server is waiting for a new power supply, you can get the Excel worksheet with that list here. The last column has an "x" for the duplicate records. I hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Another country releasing its UFO files. 2012 something definitely is going to happen but its not what it seems imho. We should be very suspicious, our governments are very corrupt. The NWO controls all sides of any given situation. What are they planning I woder

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
PS: as my home server is waiting for a new power supply, you can get the Excel worksheet with that list here. The last column has an "x" for the duplicate records. I hope it helps.

Hi ArMaP,

I'd like to look at the spreadsheet to check that all the relevant E numbers are included within the collection we have downloaded using the approach of looking for blocks of URL numbers - but I keep getting error message (including a "link broken" message) when trying to download your file from the filefactory website. I don't know if anyone else has had the same problem.

Could you email me the file or something? I can U2U you with my email address if you don't have it.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I don't have any image information on that spreadsheet, only record information, but it that records list it would be easy to find a way of going into each record page and from there to the image(s) for that record.

Just send my your e-mail address and I will send you the file.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Just send my your e-mail address and I will send you the file.

Done.

Thanks,

Isaac

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join