It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update:Kissmetric and its customers(spotify,aol,etc) now being sued over privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

The article states that since a Wired story broke, a group of lawyers have started a class action suit against Kissmetrics and there customers. Those customer include websites Spotify, AOL, Slideshare, Spokeo Gigaom, BabyPips, Moo, RavenTools, Shoedazzle, 8tracks, Hasoffers, Kongregate, Livemocha, Rockettheme, RunKeeper, SEOMoz, Sharecash, visual.ly, Condueit(wibiy), and Flite(widgetbox). The article also points out that there was a similar case in 2009 suing companies Quantcast and Clearspring. That suit led to a $2.4 million dollar settlement. Kissmetrics said they are not guilty due to the fact they don't share information with third parties, and that they only use the information they gather in house. They do however replace cookies that the user deletes off there computer, without the user's consent or knowledge. I'm assuming those lawyers knew about the previous suit and smelled the money, prompting there action. Below is a link to a thread I started covering the initial article from Wired.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiandiii
Below is a link to a thread I started covering the initial article from Wired.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So just three days ago you started a thread on a topic, and now you have an update you cant add it to the current thread, but have to create a NEW thread for it?

Is there some kind of payout for new thread creation? Whats with this obsession?

edit on 4-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It is new information on a subject quite a few seemed interested in. As you stated there are many topics that get updated with new threads, this is partly due to many people not revisiting old threads so they can easily miss out on new and relevant information. Larger topics couldn't be contained to one thread, it would become to cumbersome to read thru. Smaller topics like this could be easily missed, despite the fact many people including ATS members, are being affected by it. I personally would like to let as many people as possible know there privacy is at risk with these companies.
edit on 4-8-2011 by wiandiii because: for content

join