It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns Syrian ruler he may face 'sad fate'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Thursday he has warned Syria's ruler that he will face a "sad fate" if he fails to introduce reforms in his country and open a peaceful dialogue with the opposition.

"That's why both on a personal level and in the letters I sent to him (Assad) I have emphasized that it's necessary to urgently conduct reforms, negotiate with the opposition, restore civil peace, and create a modern state.

"If he fails to do that, he will face a sad fate. And in the end we will also have to make some decisions. We are watching how the situation is developing. It's changing, and our approach is changing as well."

It looks like Russia is about to abandon Syria all together, unless Assad reforms and quits the killing quickly. It was just a few days ago when Russia gave the go-ahead for a UN resolution on the country, after stating they will veto any resolution from the UN. I guess they are done being friends with Syria.

Im not sure what this "sad fate" means, but I can guess. Assassination perhaps?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I had to laugh at that term, honestly can you be any more politically correct than "sad fate"?

Why not just say "listen man your gonna get a bullet through the skull if you don't shape up like yesterday"

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

well that proves it Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is a puppet to the west.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised to hear that from Russia. I figured any "enemy" of the west was a friend to Russia. But I guess they are tired of their foolishness as well. LOL @ puppet to the west comment. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes to make them say this.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by buni11687

well that proves it Russian President Dmitry Medvedev is a puppet to the west.

Well it doesnt matter what he thinks because next year we will see putin as the president. Medveded was just a fill in because putin cant serve 3 consecutive terms. Putin will assure the end of the modern world when hes back in office imo

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I had to laugh at that term, honestly can you be any more politically correct than "sad fate"?

Why not just say "listen man your gonna get a bullet through the skull if you don't shape up like yesterday"

All they would have to do is give him the "putin face" for five minutes and no more talk would be necessary,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67527ba31dcb.jpeg[/atsimg]
edit on 5-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ahh what a badass im glad that someone is saying something to assad and if the russians assasinate him i guess I wouldnt mind too much. I mean would you?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mblasini569

take him out like, rafic hariri.

glad russia is getting into this.

i'm sure they would rather have the US, tho. (on their butts)

edit on 5-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join