It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did My Sisters And I See That Night ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is my very first post after three years of reading ATS. I know enough to believe that this should be categorized as The Grey Area , but I am not sure. This incident that took place in my childhood has stuck with me for years and I came here to this forum because I was hoping that someone else would address it and I could sort of feel as though I wasn't alone. I have read similar incidents happening to others, but nothing that touches my personal incident. I am looking for assistance. I have done searches. I have looked for explanations of it. I cannot find it. I think about it a lot. My sisters do not want to talk about it. But I do. I want to know what I saw, why I saw it and just what the hell ?

Okay, I understand that I am to give full detail and background info to assist others in helping me. I also understand that I may or may not be teased about this and have decided that I don't care about that much anymore. That was the reason why I didn't post this before so the fact that I am telling this now, means I am over that. In any event, I will share as much relevant background as I can. Here goes. God help me.

When I was a little girl , my sisters and I were all outside at night enjoying the cool California breeze and just playing. I do not recall why we were still up that late only that it was during Summer when school was out. We ranged in ages from 6 to 16. My older sister who was the teen , was having strange psychological/spiritual issues. I say that because we were raised Christian and something happened to her that we as children understood to be demonic, but now that I am an adult , I believe it to be possibly psychotic in nature. She was seeing things and needed prayer.

After she was "delivered" the first time, we were all outside playing and looking at the sky. This is when the incident occurred. All five of us screamed out in terror at the same time as we looked at our next door neighbors house. I will tell you what I saw and what I believe my sisters also saw because it was confirmed. I saw a dark creature that looked like a monkey/gargoyle with wings. It was large like a human, but too thin to be one. It was looking at us and when we screamed , it jumped off the roof and was gone. My father , a preacher did not believe us at first when we ran inside and told him and when we kept telling him that we did see it he angrily grabbed paper and pencils and sent us to different parts of the living room to draw what we saw.

I freaked out when we came back and showed him what we saw because we all drew the same damn thing. My father still did not believe us and joked that it looked like one of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz and that we all must have gotten the idea from that movie. This did NOT look like that and it made me more afraid because the one man who could protect us was him and he didn't believe us. I know the difference between a movie and this thing. And my sister who had the "problems" earlier said that it was the same thing that was bothering and tormenting her but he didn't believe us.

Several months later on after school had started , we came home one day, to find my Mom trying to call my Dad to come home from work because my sister who had the problem was crying with snot coming from her nose and walking in circles in the middle of the living room pointing at things saying "Thank you Jesus". My Mother threatened to call a hospital if he didn't come home right now. When my dad got home he took her into a room and was praying for her and we heard her screaming , banging on the door trying to get out and talking back to him very weird. It didn't sound like her, but it was her. They were the only two in the room. This lasted for hours and when she came out, she was quiet.

Today, my sister is doing ministry charity work in Mexico and the only issue she has is Diabetes. Not the fat people kind , but the other one. She had lost so much weight and she started losing her sight and needed surgery. Well, the surgery went fine and the last I heard of her from my other sister, she joined and outreach ministry and was helping people in T.J. Mexico. But I am still left with the memory of the thing that tormented her and I want to know why did four children see the same thing and respond to seeing it and her saying that it was the same thing that was , in her words , "bothering" her. ? Why did I see that ?

Anyway,

For those who see this as another spooky story, well, I hope you've been entertained. For those who believe me . What was that ? And why did we ll see it ? And is there any scientific explanation for it ? If I were your friend and you knew me personally, what would you say to me ?

Help.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Too bad you don't have the pictures you and your sisters drawn as kids.

Have you ever tried to search for something similar on the internet?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

well for what it's worth I believe you. I'm glad you found the courage to post it; don't worry what others think. there's a saying from Dr. Seuss; "be who you are & say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". that being said I think the reason your pop didn't acknowledge it is what good would it have done if he had? he would have only have created more fear in you kids so he probably felt he could deal with it on his own. I think you saw something dark and yup I do believe they (dark entities) do walk amongst us. I'll go one step further; my own personal belief is these dark forces/ entities/ whatever the hell they are feed off our energy. if they could indeed harvest or gain control of good energy or pure energy (a child's) that only serves to make them all the more stronger. it's the epic battle between good & evil. maybe since your family is religious / Christian you were an appetizing target. anyway OP, that's what I think and I'm glad all is OK today with you & your siblings. apparently, you and your family had the natural goodness / Christ on your side to resist whatever that winged dark thing was. score one for the good guys.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sounds like a springheel jack, or like that photo posted above. Creepy. Brrr...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Yes, I have. I can't find it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

No. It was black and thin

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

Thank you so much for your response. I just needed to get it off my chest and I am so happy you responded. Yes, she is better from what I can tell. I'm not very religious anymore myself, though I do believe in God and am seeking a closer walk. Interesting what you said about my Dad because i heard that's what priests do as well. They ignore it or deny it as not to give it power.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I believe you and your account is typical of many I've read over the years. We'd be surprised and horrified to see all the things that take a dark interest in our lives....perched in trees, watching from rooftops, swimming around in the the air and taking refuge in the light-less and lonely places in the Earth.

Many seem to have a fondness for our young ones. Your story seems like a case of severe oppression rather than possession. Sometimes, the obsession is so great that these entities follow a person around for years so it's good that your sister is active in her faith, this no doubt has stayed the enemy perhaps even caused it to flee.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Thank you and I agree with you about the young ones comment because none of us has ever seen anything like that since and all of us to some degree, have accepted Christ in our lives. I have read about it happening to others but none with a Christian background which is why I was confused as to why we saw it when everyone else who has talked about this has admitted some type of connection to other beliefs.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My own little brother was oppressed. He was twenty four at the time, living with our parents, and something was scratching him and whispering to him some nights. He finally told me about it when, one night in the whispering, he could make out "...kill...kill..." I moved him into my home immediately.

I think a combination of drug use, abuse and the Marine Corps left him with some mild mental problems...mainly coping with anger and depression and this may have made him more attractive to his oppressor. Though he remains irreligious, his oppression seems to have ended.

Don't mean to be nosy but was your sister dealing with emotional issues at the time?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

She was/is "different". I think she suffered some emotional and physical abuse before we were born, but we can't confirm it. But we did have very strict religious parents , not quite like Carries Mom, but........lets just say I know where they got the idea for that character.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me about your post. I wanted to explain to you, that without fully knowing what it was that you saw, that there are a variety of things that it could of been. However, being that your sister had a possession, by a demonic or negative entity, I believe that what you saw was not an alien, not the mothman, but a demonic spirit.

Believe it or not, the more spiritual the family, the larger the target is on them for spiritual warfare between good and evil. I have seen this happen many times to good catholic or christian families. I have witnessed many possessions in my career aswell as exorcisms, aswell as angelic intervention, and I believe that your sister was a "Sensitive" and attracted these dark beings due to her possible psychiatric condition, however being psychic she would see and sense things that others cannot. I am a sensitive and I can see spirits and angels. I have seen demons. Demons come in all shapes and sizes.

The fact that this thing appeared to you, in and of itself, is proof enough that what was happening with your sister was not psychiatric. I am glad the ordeal is over. But it is important that you remain, aswell as your sister, aware that this being- this thing- could still be around or come back. Im not trying to scare you, just warn you, that it is possible that it may not be over. Best of luck. Protect yourself with the love of the Angels, and you will be safe.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
A friend of mine told me about your post. I wanted to explain to you, that without fully knowing what it was that you saw, that there are a variety of things that it could of been. However, being that your sister had a possession, by a demonic or negative entity, I believe that what you saw was not an alien, not the mothman, but a demonic spirit.

Believe it or not, the more spiritual the family, the larger the target is on them for spiritual warfare between good and evil. I have seen this happen many times to good catholic or christian families. I have witnessed many possessions in my career as well as exorcisms, as well as angelic intervention, and I believe that your sister was a "Sensitive" and attracted these dark beings due to her possible psychiatric condition, however being psychic she would see and sense things that others cannot. I am a sensitive and I can see spirits and angels. I have seen demons. Demons come in all shapes and sizes.

The fact that this thing appeared to you, in and of itself, is proof enough that what was happening with your sister was not psychiatric. I am glad the ordeal is over. But it is important that you remain, as well as your sister, aware that this being- this thing- could still be around or come back. I'm not trying to scare you, just warn you, that it is possible that it may not be over. Best of luck. Protect yourself with the love of the Angels, and you will be safe.

Star for this and totally 100% agree. I would like to note that after my conversion, and even up till now, I have a gift of intersession, a type of prayer which causes one to empty themselves completely to the point of weeping for up to 40 mins or longer; and what is comely called 'standing in the gap' for someone. I believe your sister has that gift based upon what she was doing in the room saying over and over.. "thank you Jesus" crying and pointing. I believe she was point at those things she saw that needed to be called out.. and put away..

I

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

WOW.

Thank you. And I do take this seriously which I guess is why it was bothering me all these years. We grew up very very strict. Pentecostal which is Apostolic more than Evangelical. Lots of speaking in tongues and casting out devils so yes, I agree with you. That may be why spiritual things were so attracted to us when we were children. We saw a lot in the Church.

Thank you for looking for me and responding. I appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thank you for your response. That's very interesting . I really didn't understand what she was doing. I am farmiliar with intercessory prayer, but I never thought of it that way.

Thank you for your response.

BTW Keep me in your prayers.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You are welcome. I know my post was brief, so if you have any more questions, that you feel I might be able to shed some light on, feel free to send me a PM

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
hey, it's expected to see unexplainable things....
the bible says it plainly....when one reads the whole bible , then reality becomes completely clear.
it's a spiritual world.....the bib le says the evil spirits can take any form, two or four legged,......or winged

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Komodo

Thank you for your response. That's very interesting . I really didn't understand what she was doing. I am farmiliar with intercessory prayer, but I never thought of it that way.

Thank you for your response.

BTW Keep me in your prayers.

your very welcome and I shall keep you in my prayers.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You all saw a demonic spirit. I have seen demons before, and that looks like one.
edit on 13-8-2011 by winds because: changing a word

new topics

top topics

join