It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini captures possible UFO!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
After searching NASA's Raw Image section I came arcoss this picture of the moon phoebe.

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov
W00000204.jpg was taken on June 11, 2004 and received on Earth June 12, 2004. The camera was pointing toward PHOEBE at approximately 2,075 kilometers away, and the image was taken using the CL1 and GRN filters. This image has not been validated or calibrated. A validated/calibrated image will be archived with the NASA Planetary Data System in 2005.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At first I thought it was just a shadow from the crater. I saved it to my computer, and went into photoshop and played with the lighting and edges. This is what I came up with it is NOT a shadow from the crater. Upon closer imspection I saw that the odd looking shape was casting it's own shadow onto the moon. SO I then thought ok, it must be the satellite, I look at diagrams and pictures of the Cassini-Huygens satellite. They look nothing like the shadow on Phoebe. So then I thought what could it be?? Obviously the picture was taken with the sun comming for some point behind the swatellite. Could it be a possible UFO observing the Satellite? But then I saw the disc shadow near the middle of the crater. I think NASA hasx some explaining to do. Save this picture people you never know with NASA's validating and calibrating poplicy. These shapes may be airbrushed out.

[edit on 8-17-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
How about posting the photoshoped image.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I don't see anything special. What about your photoshop picture?

[edit on 17/8/2004 by rai76]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
hello stunjunkie.

I would also be interested in seeing the picture, please share

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I, too, was interested in the picture so I put in it in Photoshop 7 myself. Understand that I did nothing to the photo but change the brightness and contrast and then zoom in on the apparent object. My enhanced image is at the link below. You can decide for yourself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It does appear to me, from the image I present, that the object in the photo is not part of the terrain, but rather above the terrain.

[edit on 8/17/2004 by Renegade Rivers]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
at a glance, using my lack of knowledge on this subject;

the shadow doesn't appear to follow the contour lines underneath it indicating a possible external object... but what that object could be is beyond me

interesting shape though which looks oddly out of place.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Is that better?

Click on image for full size enhanced.

Seems to me the colors on the original are inverted.

And yeah, it looks really out of place. But it doesn't really look like a craft either does it?

EDIT for URL fix

[edit on 17-8-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hard to say. i was never good at finding objects in those nasa photos though.
some people are like 'look there's a pyramid there."
im like "where? just looks like a rock to me"

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ive been looking through a bunch os NASA images in their archives and I've noticed glitches in the images from time to time, I wonder if this is what we are seeing here?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In Renegades blow-up it appears to be a recent slide of some material, rocks or ice maybe? Starts at the right corner and slides to the left. Looks to me as if there is a pile of rubble in the upper left corner as if the slide was deflected at the 3/4 point towards that corner.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
now what in the hell would aliens be doing in a crater hole, seriously?

Do humans try to inhabit craters on earth?? no, why would aliens then?

bah... you guys are looking too hard.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well I am not sure, yet another blowup.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It could be a Space craft thoe Stelthy type.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That last picture has it looking as if it was on the actual moon and it was only outlined by the bolded border.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You'll notice the light source (sun) is shining from the left side, casting shadows to the right. Just to the left of the dark spot, is a jutting rock formation, casting its shadow to the right. The extra darkness is caused by the steepness of the angle of the cliff. Look slightly up and to the left, and you'll see another cliff, which has a gentler slope. This is not a ufo, just a shadow.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
good investigative work, you should look into it more.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Is everything that doesn't have an explanation or seem out of the ordinary supposed to be of extraterrestrial origin? Look at the face on Mars, turns out that it is in fact a geological formation. I'll send the picture later. Get real.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That is a really weird shaped space ship, if that is indeed what it is. It's probably just nothing though.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
oh wow you are right, it is inverted, and if you look at the inverted picture, you can see the "object"? reflecting light back towards the surface.
here's a link to my gimp'd photo.

t31.org...

oh btw i inverted it, increased brightness/contrast and enlarged it to 150% of the original cut out.

new topics

top topics

join