It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: Breaking news - NASA releases strongest evidence yet of water - Possible habitable zone for mi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkingGoogle
There is virtually no water on Mars, it's more baren than any desert on Earth. There is also no evidence suggesting there was EVER any water on Mars in anything other than trace amounts. For that matter there's no conclusive evidence of even TRACE amounts of water on Mars, only hydrogen, the most abundant element in the universe.

I am sorry to say it, but you are completely wrong. It is now believed to have enough frozen ice beneath surface and on poles that it could cover entire surface of Mars if melted.
And there is also strong evidence for it having large oceans of water sometime during the past.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The fact Nasa are government run means that if you believe in Kecksburgh, Roswell or any of the other major UFO/ET incidents, then the same people (within the government) responsible for covering it all up, have a hand in the Nasa scheme of things. How much Nasa really know is debatable but I personally don't trust a lot from them.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Why wouldn't it support life??? Come on people, wake up!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Its the slow drip from NASA, Im no scientist, but I know where there is water there is life.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I suggest humans came from Mars. We were the gods that the ancients documented.

Mars atmosphere disappeared due to global warming.

There is an atmosphere machine in a mountain on mars and all it takes is for someone to slide their oddly shaped fingers over the control and all the frozen water will then be released reforming the Martian atmosphere.

They should make a movie about all that, I think it would be called something like 'Recall of the Chariots'.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Its not about wanting to live there , that will happen eventually when we go to exploit the resources ,it's about finding extraterrestrial life on our near neighbor .

That brings up the old point doesn't it.

Look for life on Mars. Develop the tech to get there, in a serious way. Find huge mineral resources.

The life found then doesn't matter in the slightest. Not for the dollars in the minerals that the life inhabits.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
METHANE, WATER, OXYGEN and CO2---- LIFE ON MARS?

The magic word is: ASPARAGUS!
digiorgio-lescienze.blogautore.espresso.repubblica.it...

Google translation. Read all.

In the Year of Astronomy Group is home to NASA Restaurateurs Bassano del Grappa in Italy. With the Phoenix Mission engineers have found that Americans on the Red Planet can be grown asparagus. NASA engineers - the American aerospace agency - responsible for the success of the mission of the Phoenix spacecraft last year, has confirmed that the soil of Mars is suitable for growing asparagus. "There is nothing that would preclude life," he explained last June, the NASA scientist Samuel Kounaves, commenting on the results of the analysis of Martian soil sample taken from the Phoenix probe: 'What is the type of Martian soil that might be found in your garden that is rich in alkaline substances. A ground on which they could grow asparagus. "

edit on 5-8-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

20ft tall asparagus!

yum!!! lol!

now if we can grow 200m artichokes...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but I can't get the tune "Life on Mars" by David Bowie out of my head, nor can I stop whistling it!
edit on 5/8/1111 by Rob37n because: Correct the song name

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Mars atmosphere disappeared due to global warming.

lol, maybe if they had the carbon tax that would have been prevented lol

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I wonder what will come next

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's great that NASA "says" there is the possibility of water on Mars and all.
It would be really awesome to find native life on Mars...to find out that the atmosphere would even support
Earthlings...because it may be an ancestral home...but stop and think what would happen to Mars if NASA or some private Corporation got hold of that planet.

Tera forming...growing GMO plants from Monsanto...heck, native plants aren't important...construction...mining, stripping Mars of his very life blood and basically all for Corporate and Government gain...and if Mars does have habitation...it would be like it was with the Natives in countries that were "discovered and explored" here on Earth. It would all become like a run away train and eventually a train wreck.

Do we really want to involve ourselves in discovery and expansion with the mindset of human kind the way it is at this time?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Anyone with any interest in the subject knows there is a lot of stuff about Mars that Nasa wont disclose. remember the "tree" photographs for instance. I watched this on the BBC this morning and the moron news reporter was still refering to Mars as the lifeless red planet. This is another example of drip drip disclosure from the big NASA lie machine.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I bet NASA has found stuff way more interesting than liquid water on Mars. They just like to keep it top secret.

edit on 4-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

than we should now it because were Above top secret

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Have you read Dark Mission or Monuments on Mars by Richard Hoagland? If you have not then i suggest you do. It will shed alot of light on who NASA really is and what they they have tried to deny (and been caught out multiple times) to the public. No wonder nobody takes them seriously anymore. They. Are. A. Joke.

Heres the blatant fossil they ground to dust...

Peace
edit on 5-8-2011 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Here is a new video outlining the recent evidence of water on Mars.
Outstanding thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I notice now that this thread and the images inside it www.abovetopsecret.com...
is from 2009!!

posted on 31-10-2009 @ 15:10 this post
I do not know if these images already are seen and commented here on ATS, however I finds them absolutely awesome and amazing and confirm that Liquid (water?) flows in this moment on the Martian surface.
You can see wet and dry tracks flows.
Does NASA know it already?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They pointed the spectrometer at the site and did not see any signs of water so whatever it's must have dried or is underground or is some unknown type of geology or process?+

I think assuming this is water is dangerous. This is an alien planet.
edit on 5-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I remember seeing a picture of Mars a few year ago where the photograph of a particular cliff had changed since the orbiter had last taken the picture there. It looked like the work of water.

It is a matter of time before they announce bacterial life on Mars.

- On Earth they are finding bacteria deeper in the soil, higher in the air and indeed in boiling water at the bottom of the ocean [thermophiles]

- Remember Viking had a mixture of positive and negative results for life

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

I dont get angry easy but if NASA was just one guy that i could blame, i would kick his ass. Unfortunatly its not. And i'm not saying their all to blame. As Richard Hoagland said " the lie is different at every level". So most of them are not aware. But the ones who are aware are probably either a Mason or a Nazi.

...or both?

Both Nazi and Mason? Hey, I get all the bad vibes you talking about. It's as if what's the use of listening to their double-talk. It's insulting, it insults one's intellect. They sort of know this, but still go on probably because of some fascist superiority complex.

"Hey noodle heads, yeah I'm talking to you all there in NASA, all minds have great potential!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join