It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I call it first.... The World Will End In 2013!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Im still new to ATS but it seems like every few weeks we have a new mega disaster that means were all screwed!!!

Yet I find despite a few earthquakes and tsunamis, a global banking crisis that is/has crippled the economy, Nuclear radiation being everywhere, Jesus meant to have come and gone, Comets and god knows what flying around us that Im still here and life is going on pretty much as usual

Almost everytime you look at the board there is someone describing some catastrophe with what almost seems delight almost like they want the comet to hit or the USA to invade so and so or the money system to collapse overnight etc etc.
(This got me thinking, Are we as a species inclined to have these negative thoughts? Or is it just our community?)

I gotta be honest Im kinda over it, its like the boy who cried wolf, Ive heard were all doomed before but it never happens. Ive completely stopped caring about the financial side of things but havent totally given up on us all being screwed.

Ive basically decided Im giving Doomsday 2 more chances and thats it!!!
1st chance is Elenin, Im not sure whats going on there, both sides of the argument seem logical, intelligent and informed so Im on the fence.
2nd chance is 21/12/2012, Im already pretty confident this ones gonna be a fizzer but since theres a fair bit of hype Ill give it a shot.
But after these 2, if they dont turn into anything big I am going to mercilessly troll anyone who posts a doom and gloom anything thread, Youve all been warned!!!

P.s I spose given the thread title I should at least have a crack at a prediction or 2
in the first 3 months of 2013 we will see much conflict around the globe, many hotspots will flair up and war will be on the telly alot, in the middle of the year theres gonna be lots of Earthquakes, big ones as well, not good. Towards the end of 2013 well all die when the earth cracks apart.

P.p.s if this actually happens remember where you read it first

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

After 833 posts, NO, you're not "new" to ATS.
And secondly, NO, the world will not crack open in 2013.

If you want to be a certified Doomsayer, please lay out predicted disasters which are most likely to happen and are within the laws of Physics - not in the world of fiction and fairy tales, please.
edit on 4-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Not offending you in any way, but seems that you still live in fear and your comments project that.

I don't see anything worth reading, but fear.

Show us how to prepare when disaster comes instead of what you have written.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
833 posts in.. Tsk, Tsk, You should know such predictions come with ridicule around here.. Especially when you can't back them up with solid, factual evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I wish I could give 2 stars sometimes. Your post earns it by my thinking. You've managed to put into words exactly how I have been feeling myself. I took Y2K seriously since I could see, as a computer tech, how it maybe, kinda sorta....well..Okay, I'd seen crazier things than a stupid date glitch cause anarchy, so it was worth considering.

I'm with you though. If Dec 21, 2012 doesn't do it, that's it. We can all go on strike from buying into any further garbage about dates certain for change or end and get on with living.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just for the record, and in your defense - there wasn't anything wrong with taking Y2K seriously. At least from the computer standpoint. The truth is we had no idea what would happen to the computer systems that still had the 2 digit date. Thats why people worked diligently to correct the software it before it happened.

The people who hyped that it would be the end of the world though
is a whole other issue.

I don't believe in any prophecies anymore. I've been listening to them since 1986 - and so far NOT ONE has come true that I'm aware of (that wasn't purely a lucky guess).

The person predicting needs to show me some real science at this point (not a youtube video), then I might change my mind. But telling me there's going to be an earthquake tomorrow? DUH!!! there's an average of 30 earthquakes every day... and while the people in Japan may "feel" like its the end of the world - we're still alive and kicking.

I try really hard not to even respond in the Elenin threads anymore. I fail sometimes
but I'm subscribing to all of them so I can list all the people later who fell for it.

And if I'm wrong it won't matter - we'll all be dead

edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

After 833 posts, NO, you're not "new" to ATS.
And secondly, NO, the world will not crack open in 2013.

If you want to be a certified Doomsayer, please lay out predicted disasters which are most likely to happen and are within the laws of Physics - not in the world of fiction and fairy tales, please.
edit on 4-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Ummm excuse me havent you seen 2012 with John Cusack? It is highly possible and even likely the world will split open like a ripe melon at any minute. Wake upto yourself mate

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekos

Not offending you in any way, but seems that you still live in fear and your comments project that.

I don't see anything worth reading, but fear.

Show us how to prepare when disaster comes instead of what you have written.

Your pretty much spot on, It is kinda scary when informed educated people argue about a potential Comet slamming into earth and you dont have a clue what to make of it

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
833 posts in.. Tsk, Tsk, You should know such predictions come with ridicule around here.. Especially when you can't back them up with solid, factual evidence.

Again I refer you to 2012 with John Cusack, It can and will happen its just a matter of when (Ive already called late 2013 so you have to pick some other time)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Ummm excuse me havent you seen 2012 with John Cusack? It is highly possible and even likely the world will split open like a ripe melon at any minute. Wake upto yourself mate

Again I refer you to 2012 with John Cusack, It can and will happen its just a matter of when (Ive already called late 2013 so you have to pick some other time)

What?? It's a film.

Nobody can predict the end of the world and certainly not by watching a hollywood blockbuster.... Yes I've seen Neo's Passport in the matrix, The episode of The Lone Gunman and any other incident of the Media & Hollywood rubbing our faces in it.

I suggest YOU wake up mate... and start looking at facts and not John Cusack movies for your info...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I call it first.... The World Will End In 2013!!!!!

Whatever you do, don't go to ATS search and type in 2013
I did, I was sorry to see ....

in fact I was so sorry and curious at that point, I searched 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.....

they're all covered :bnghd:

Call 2021!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I call it first.... The World Will End In 2013!!!!!
Whatever you do, don't go to ATS search and type in 2013
I did, I was sorry to see ....

in fact I was so sorry and curious at that point, I searched 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.....

they're all covered :bnghd:

Call 2021!!!!

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

I call earth splitting open like a ripe melon late 2021
edit on 4-8-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sorry but are you actually questioning John Cusacks professional integrity by suggesting he would star in a fictional movie

You my friend are an ignoramus of the first waters

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Since you are so sure the world is going to end on a certain date, it is obvious you won't be needing any money or assets beyond that date. You could perhaps liquidate all your assets and transfer the proceeds to someone else a day before the world is going to end.

If you don't know anyone who you could transfer the balance of your wealth to, I will be glad to help you in the matter

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

haha very cute
but no sense liquidating even if you think the world will end
because we'd have no belief that you need it either

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Actually in early 2013 Ill be starting to collect all the material wealth of my followers to prevent these things harming them in their spiritual transformation.

Get in early my friend, send me your stuff and be saved

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

haha very cute
but no sense liquidating even if you think the world will end
because we'd have no belief that you need it either

Totally agree. But if it makes someone else happy for a day holding all that wealth and thinking he/she can live to enjoy it, what is the harm? They don't believe it is going to end on that day anyway

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Actually in early 2013 Ill be starting to collect all the material wealth of my followers to prevent these things harming them in their spiritual transformation.

Get in early my friend, send me your stuff and be saved

Not a bad plan. However, I would rather be damned than saved. So, thanks but no thanks! In any case, given the state of my finances, my world may end much sooner than the rest of the world

But I think you picked a date too far into the future. Like that guy who keeps announcing the end of the world a week or two from the date of announcement, you should pick one closer if you are to have a remote shot at finding anyone who wants to be saved

new topics

top topics

join