It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mjw88

DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ENGLAND

It doesn't look like England? How can you tell that in a such a small clip....of the SKY?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have got to say i was a bit freaked when i saw this video because yesterday i saw a flash of light described just like this. it was really weird because i just turned my head to the left and saw it for a second, at first i thought it wa a tall shiny lampost or something behind a house and as i was walking past i may have seen a reflection but there was nothing there. Plus as we was talking afterwards my friend saw another flash that i missed a few hours later but i dont know what that looked like. So after reading this it just confirms something was going on last night, it was in the yorkshire area.

I dont understand why some people are so negative about this as the video doesnt dispove anything and its actually quite hard to make a video of something that you wernt expecting to see and the chance to take a good vid disapears quite quick.

People should be more open minded and should not dismiss things so easily!!
edit on 5-8-2011 by Anonymousxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarmonkey

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
I usually dont reply to this stuff but you clearly dont sound english. In fact you have a southern draw. Why arent people recognizing this? Ive been to England and spoken to hundreds of people and while they dont all "sound like harry potter", none sounded like you. Not to mention your story is a little out there. So I regret to inform you that Ive actually given this thread a few minutes of my life and although I was entertained, I dont believe this ever happened. No disrespect at all.

Since you've been to England before, and have spoken to hundreds of people, you'd know that they don't all sound like Hugh Grant or Harry Potter. Just like the US, they have different dialects here. For example, people from Newcastle don't sound like people from Wolverhampton.
His accent shouldn't be an issue really imo. It's what his OP is about that is interesting.
No offense meant at all.
edit on 5-8-2011 by sugarmonkey because: (no reason given)

I'm going to have to agree with doc on this.. it is extremely unbelievable with almost NO evidence what so ever. It looks like a military exercise to me, one that is maneuvering aerial craft possibly to another base. I was military the last 5 years, and freshly out.. this is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact I would feel confident to say the OP has an extreme case of paranoia and the reason I would say his entire has a headache would be because he is flipping out on and making something the size of a mole hill into a mountain.. that's just IMO. I read the entire thread and I've read stuff on here that has put a doubt in my head but this sounds like complete and utter B.S.

EDIT: Yes the accent has A LOT to do with the video. I have actually had conversation with many English soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan about England, and the accents. What is being said about the fact all accents aren't alike in ENgland they all still have accents... not a country accent like here in FL.. sorry but that point is a poor example.
edit on 5-8-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

this sounds like complete and utter B.S.

Tell us what you REALLY think, Bravo

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

It was nothing but swamp gas and whether balloons, and the memories that you have are just your mind slipping a little, you must be imagining things.

Please return to your daily scheduled programming.

Memories and thoughts are funny thing's. Some people believe that thoughts and memories form inside the head, and they stay there, and in fact they are and do a lot of times. But! ... They can also be beamed into your head from across the sea, or even farther then that, even from as far as the moon, or the ends of the universe.
edit on 5-8-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is 85+ flags worth of bull#

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjw88

YOUR SAYING THIS HAPPEND A HOUR AND A HALF AGO? WHERE IN ENGLAND?
1. DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ENGLAND

2. LOOKS OLD

3. YOU PUT THE VIDEO AND THE WORDS ATTACHED UP QUICKLY

No one can do that
Really?

4. THE WORDS ON THE VIDEO WHEN YOU SAY " MY FAMILY ARE NOW JUST GOING ON THERE DAY TO DAY BASIS" IF IT HAPPEND A HOUR AGO HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? THAT MAKES YOUR STORY SOUND LIKE #.

Again, for real?

Read the thread again and you should understand most of what you call BS on.

I can't believe this, not the ATS i know. Yes, the world is full of hoaxers and we as a community should approach things carefully and RESPECTFULLY. Derailment of note.

edit on 8/5/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

Please mate read the thread again and you should understand most of what you are NOT calling BS on.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by mjw88

It doesn't look like England? How can you tell that in a such a small clip....of the SKY?

cos ive lived in england 23 years ive travelled half the world and visited loads of states in america .
he doesnt sound english and the trees don't look english .
this video doesn't prove anything

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by mjw88

cos ive lived in england 23 years ive travelled half the world and visited loads of states in america .

The tree's dont look English..... just wow.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK

reply to post by mjw88

The tree's dont look English..... just wow.

Mate I am from Denmark and lived in Sweden - the trees actually do not look the same. I also worked for IBM in Portsmouth and the trees over there is nothing like them at home.

So yes the trees can actually tell a lot.

I have also been to the state a few times and even there it is different as well. More I think about it more the trees actually have to tell.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mjw88

ive travelled half the world and visited loads of states in america . he doesnt sound english and the trees don't look english .

Had I known you were a botanist, a linguist, and a world traveler, I never would have questioned your earlier comment.
edit on 5-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by mjw88

ive travelled half the world and visited loads of states in america . he doesnt sound english and the trees don't look english .

Had I known you were a botanist, a linguist, and a world traveler, I never would have questioned your earlier comment.
edit on 5-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

Thank you then.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

A strange sound?....hhhmmmm. My guess is something hovering in stealth-mode, but from what you said, not so much as stealth as you explained as a humming or a rushing sound. That has been happening lately, strange lights in the sky, sounds that come from all directions, freaky lightning storms, whats next, alien invasion? I find that highly unlikely to happen because that is not going to happen for various reasons on my part.

I'll keep an open mind on this subject on how you were looked at weird because you heard something that is not man-made. Your not delusional, because there are others that are experiencing this, near DUMBs.

link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

ermm i live in England and i cant say from the video (especially the trees) that its definitely England or that is not, its not a good argument tbh

link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

People need to stop saying the video quality is too poor if the video is irrelevant then. How can you study the tree's from such a poor video?

Also, you can see the top branches of the tree, and to me it looks a little like Silver Birch thats been cropped yearly in order for it to grow tall.

I have here a list of all the trees England has to offer, when you're done identifying the tree's, please get back to me so the doubt in my mind can be put to rest.

en.wikipedia.org...

The windows look pretty English to me, though I wish I could hear its accent, a long with the trees. That would also solve a few mysteries.

edit on 5-8-2011 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, I'm just saying.. look at this way, everyone in the beginning of this thread jumped all over this like sheep jump on the credibility of the MSM. Why is the OP's word better than everyone on here? Why is everyone NOT being skeptical!? When did ATS become the all saying news reporting website on the internet today? This is bush league.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

With respect, maybe cause i have been with ATS for about 8 years i have learned how a subject like this should be approached. I cannot say this is true or a hoax but i know if it's a hoax it will be shown in a decent non derailing manner, with no need of using CAPS.

The accent derailment alone wasted page upon page, as a fact, so does my post here.

So, let it be and we'll see where the OP takes us

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm not trying to say the OP didn't see what he said he did and i don't want to worry him to much but a bright flash of light followed by a headache and sickness is something he should definitely report to his doctor with a view to having a brain scan especially if it has happened before.

And I'm in no way suggesting he is crazy.

edit on 5-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

In Surrey/Hampshire we have Middle Wallop where the helicopter pilots train - they have an air show there every year - purely helicopters -

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join