It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In order to bury once and for all any more comments and doubts about accent variations, listen here
sounds.bl.uk...

edit on 5-8-2011 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow 'Dove...this thread is virual
, can't keep up with it.

I wonder if there are any military bases in your area? Perhaps it was a division heading over to Libya for UN peace keeping mission over there?

I don't doubt for a second your experience. Just trying to find ways to possibly calm you by finding potential "logical explainations" ;-).

Great thread though, thank you for sharing mate!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I've been going through pages and pages of comments, and while (after watching numerous youtube videos) I don't doubt you saw a light flash (flashes?) nor do I doubt you're British (who care if you're Nigerian faking a British accent), one thing I doubt is the lack of memory by all but you. You claim your wife and kids have no recall of the event, while sounding highly unlikely, to me is not outside the realm of possibility, but my notion is that you added those facts to spice up the already startling find/encounter you had with this sound. Having said this, I challenge you to prove somehow that your wife and kids experienced a memory lapse. Again, I don't doubt you experienced this sound event, and possible light event, but I'm not really buying the "brain blast" to your wife and kids bit, and you're the only one left with memory enough to report the event.

I believe: you experienced this sound event

I don't believe: your family experienced memory lapse

You CAN disprove me. Please do.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Read through 90% of this thread and to be honest I have heard similar.

So just to let you know that I have a HD Video Camcorder and a very good still camera set up ready to get anything that happened to manifest. I am a photographer and now how to use my kit. If anything happens this far south I do my best to capture it.

Hope the family are okay mate. Sounds bizarre and certainly put the willies up me if it happened to me and mine.
edit on 5-8-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by Suspiria
Just to let you know - In Staffordshire I didn't notice any noise out of the ordinary and I'm pretty hot on investigating weird stuff outside. I shouldn't have missed anything out of the ordinary anyway, at that time I was outside of a pub.

This validates the OP, when he said everyone else "forgot" about it

edit on 5-8-2011 by Observor because: Spelling

Oh if ONLY...
I only had a couple of ales. Was on my best behaviour.
For a change...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Very interesting to say the least my friend. Am I understanding you correctly?

1. You and your family saw the helicopters, correct?
2. Your family was with you outside when you were taping the helo's, correct?
3. But, now your family can't remember the helicopter's either?

I do hear a kids voice in the vid, so I am assuming your child is with you "outside", and your child does not remember seeing the helo's?

But you show the video to your family and they say, I don't remember that at all?

1. How much time has passed since the incident and you showing them the video?

Thank you for sharing..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

The only people who are ignorant are those who buy into this nonsense without a single shred of evidence except a piece of dodgy video that anyone could create in less than 30 minutes. Howcome no one else saw or heard this fly over except the OP. Deliberate hoax from another attention seeker. You're right about one thing though, it's about time we had the ability to take away stars, as well as add them, then it's safe to say that the OP wouldn't have no where near as many stars as he does.
Welcome to ATS, where rationale and logical thinking people don't exist, well at least not on this thread, if stars are anything to go by.

Maybe the OP should edit the thread to, "Something happened in England and I'm the only one who experienced it.

edit on 5-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

wrooooonggggg, read the thread fool, there was another witness

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove
OK, a couple of hours ago a strange noise started to make itself known over my home, i had my children with me and so told them to wait indoors whilst i took a look outside.

It was cloudy and so i couldn't see much of anything, but the noise remained. My family heard this noise as well, and i began to wonder what was going on. It was the strangest noise i have ever heard, like a whoosh, but it was non moving and remained above my home.

Then nothing, the noise just stopped, so quick, no fading, no nothing, and then a flash of light appeared, the most pure amaizing light ive ever seen, it felt like it lit up my whole body. I had asked a chap who walked past what he thought was going on and if he could see anything, but the chap just looked at me funny as if i was nothing. God i keep stopping whilst typing this, im gonna sound so crazy. Anyway, a few moments after that i ran indoors and grabbed my mobile phone cam, and shot outdoors again.

On returning outside the sky began to fill with helicopters and other objects. I went indoors afterwards and began talking about the events that just took place whilst running to my PC to get the video footage off. My family, children and wife who were there with me don't recall anything at all, infact no one does, and the only thing i got to show for the whole event is some video, a headache and sickness.

I just uploaded the video and will place it here for you to look at, i need a drink so im gonna go grab one, i feel a bit funny now, and not in a good way.

Its not the first time ive had this type of event, but it is the first time i had my cam ready and had my family with me.

Back in a bit.

On reflection i hope there is video there, because i showed my family and they just keeep looking at me funny.

edit on 4-8-2011 by BlackDove because: miss spelt a word, im shaking a tad.

The Formation has become Very familiar-- 5 ships in crescent shape and 1 tailing behind.....But a daytime video
Thank you for having the balls to post...
The flash and your families unability to remember makes me think of that silly MIB device??you know the thing that strips your memory?
Good Job! S & F for sure

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Reminds me of a quote "silence will fall" and not being able to remember what you saw.

Saturday August 27th BBC 1 and BBC America

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112
reply to post by BlackDove

Very interesting to say the least my friend. Am I understanding you correctly?

1. You and your family saw the helicopters, correct?
2. Your family was with you outside when you were taping the helo's, correct?
3. But, now your family can't remember the helicopter's either?

I do hear a kids voice in the vid, so I am assuming your child is with you "outside", and your child does not remember seeing the helo's?

But you show the video to your family and they say, I don't remember that at all?

1. How much time has passed since the incident and you showing them the video?

Thank you for sharing..

First of all thank you everyone for the supportive comments, and thanks to some of the sceptics who are trying to shine some light on the events with other possible reasons, only some of the sceptics mind you.

Once again to clear up a few things, on some of the earlier pages I made a video to show im English, the comments derailing the thread because of my accent is just silly.

Also the logo is on the video due to copyright, I do it for any video I make, even family videos. I would suggest instead of some users just looking at the first post of this thread and then adding their penny's worth, do not comment unless your willing to read from start to finish, I have answered all of the questions through the first 12 pages, I know reading is boring for some, and if there was a way I could provide this thread with pop up images, then I would. But I can't.

I will try and figure a way to provide proof from people who do not remember the event, but its very hard, im not a smart guy, im not a divine person, so i have no idea how i can make people recall what they don't remember. But i will keep trying and i pray something happens.

As for the typical 'What makes you so special' comments, nothing makes me special, im just a guy, like most of you, the very essence of that type of comment rings shades of jealousy, as if I would want this experience to befall upon me. Shame on you.

I noticed one user wrote along the lines of 'Why don't you tell us your exact location', if you read the whole thread, ive given the location, well near enough, within a 10 miles anyway. Maybe you should ask yourself this. Why would I give my exact location? There's enough nutters living down my road without adding internet nutters to the mix.

Also i had no choice but to make a YouTube account for the video as the ATS video upload doesn't work. That is something no doubt the ATS gods are looking into. My thanks to the many mods on here and users who have helped try and find valid reasons on here for all this.

Now to the reply.

Everything was within the hour.

I will layout my movements from watching the choppers etc.

We ran through the home, watched them go over, i ran indoors, feeling sick, head was hurting so much.

They were in the front room, i was talking out loud to them about what just went on, i took the sd card from the phone, placed in the PC, went through the folders, noticed only a small file was there, called on a family member to come look, they replied 'What are you babbling on about!' I showed the footage, they asked when was that, I replied a minute ago, outside. Went through the event, they looked at me as if i was mad. I carried on, placed the video file in an editor to add the text, wrote out the text, carried on feeling very sick.

Once the text was added, compiled it with logo which took all of 30 seconds, the whole process of typing, adding text, and compile no more than 10 mins, rushed it, hence the spelling mistake on the first page, where 'our' was meant to say 'hour', and made a you tube account which took a couple of mins i carried on trying to understand why the family couldn't remember whilst uploading the file.

Then i left it at that, and shut up about it. Nothing has changed much since then.

I don't know what else to say, so im going to say this, let this thread fall. Any updates will be posted on the YouTube account and I will update on this thread, but only as any new developments come through.

That's it, I cant do much else, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have so please PM me.

edit on 5-8-2011 by BlackDove because: Wrote that's instead of That, my bad.

edit on 5-8-2011 by BlackDove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I think maybe more of us should start taking some time out our busy lives to do the same....The flash and feeling of calm by itself tells me SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT...when are things calm nowdays?other than when mr wild turkey is in town.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
For those from the UK reporting UFO's or strange noises, please take a look at the map provided below and take note of the nearest Operational Military Base to you.

Might be worth checking out the RAF Ops Website for any operations going on. Though it seems they have removed a huge chunk from this section of the website in terms of scheduled training exercises..

Anyway, just thought it might help when posting UFOs/Noises if people also know they’re near a functional base. You'd be surprised what they get up to...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Something VERY similar happened to me:

My ex boyfriend and I saw a ufo in the sky when we were 14 years old (and straight edge- so no, we were not on drugs). We then experienced a half hour of missing time.

I'm just going to be honest, although I know it sounds crazy - but it was like something did not want me to remember this experience. There was a 'push' in my mind to write the memory off as not happening and to just forget all about it - definitely not to look into it or think and talk about it.

Inherently I am a very exploratory person who refuses to learn without investigating and thinking for myself. It is simply against my nature to blow off an interesting, let alone extraordinary, 'new' mystery. I feel that the intention to erase this memory was planted in my head (yes - I know it sounds batsh*t insane, but until you have it happen to you - you will not understand). So I went against this 'suggestion' and I talked about it with my bf after it had happened. He remembered it clearly - orange light, unbelievable flying speed and turns, missing time, weird feeling after.

This missing time made me late for my curfew - on a night where if I was late one more time, I would be 'grounded indefinitely'- so I knew that my butt had better be home on time. If it weren't for the fact that I was continually focusing my consciousness on my fear of having my privileges taken away if I was late (continually watching the clock), I think that the 'suggestion' to forget this even happened may have worked entirely. In any other circumstance, I would just continue on with what I was doing, and the time would be gone, and I'd never even realize it.

So, after discussing this with my boyfriend, we broke up eventually and I went off to college. We hung out once more when I was about 21 years old. I brought up the experience again, and he still recalled it. So we stopped talking again, but remained on good terms.

Several years later, I decided that I wanted to go to a hypnotist to try to get back some of my lost time. The curiosity was killing me. This proved to be fruitless, because I was unable to be hypnotized. Then it hit me - I recalled my ex bf telling me a story when we were 14 about how his parents took him to Atlantic City for a birthday gift to go see a hypnotist comedy show. The hypnotist was able to hypnotize my bf easily and made him do funny things like chug water when a bell rang and what not. So this proves that he is able to be hypnotized - and since I was starting to believe I'm the type that is very difficult to hypnotize, I felt that my answer could lie with him.

Well imagine my twilight zone surprise when a couple years ago, just five years after we had discussed this event clearly, I emailed my ex to tell him about my adventure to the hypnotist and then asked if he'd be interested in finding out what happened to us that night... he told me he had no clue what I was talking about!!!

This is by far the craziest thing that has ever happened to me. I KNOW there is a technology out there that is able to erase or block memories - not only of you, but of your family members and friends too. How strange that your family totally forgot, even though you'd bet your life that this incident happened. Strange indeed. Others can think I'm crazy, but there are obviously more people like me (and you) out there - so it is more important to me to document this reality than give a damn about what inexperienced people have to say about me.

The one thing that I think will help you get some more answers on this is to read Missing Time by Bud Hopkins - I know you didn't say anything about missing time, but the rest of your story does include some strange technologies that this book covers. Perhaps the reason that we remember, but the other parties present forgot, is because our minds are somehow more deeply protected from outside suggestion/hypnotism. But that can only get us so far against this technology. Think about this - missing time happens, and whatever does it can erase your memories - this means that this can (and does) happen to any one of us, at any time.

And for those of you who think I'm crazy - I have a full time job, a wonderful family and a masters degree. I am a 'normal' person just like you.

The rabbit hole is deep.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

A Short History of Sound Weapons Pt2: Infrasound
January 14, 2008

Dude, that was the most extraordinary thing I've read in a long time. Thanks for posting it.
---------------------------------
@BlackDove,
I don't think you sound mad at all. I think you heard and saw something highly unusual, and the fact that your companions and neighbors have no recollection of it makes it even stranger, but certainly not BS as some here ALWAYS claim.

Whether it was a time slip, an infrasound effect, a hallucination, a seizure, or a paranormal event that you alone (of the present persons) are able to detect, don't doubt yourself just because others are acting like you're a loon.

You were brave to post this, and I think it is highly likely that the military-industrial complex of the globe DO have alternative weapons and techs that they test. I also think the fact that others are experiencing strange atmospheric sensations is significant.
--------------------------------
To all you trolls - you lot are a real pain. Perhaps maybe you're just envious that you don't have the acuity of senses or the mental agility to think outside your dull, mundane boxes. Or perhaps you are actually disinfo agents, paid 2 cents for every trollish LMAO you post on these boards by some freak cyber-hood. But really, if you find it so completely impossible that these things are occuring and you just aren't fortunate enough to know about it, or experience it, WHY do you come to this forum??

Bugger off!!
You're wasting people's time, clogging up cybertraffic, and making yourselves look like a gang of thugs.

I don't spend my time on line investigating things I am not interested in learning about -- or surfing boards looking for opportunities to laugh at others. If you want to get a real kick out of your negative mocking, go to a convention hotel and walk into a keynote address and try standing up and calling the attendees idiots and liars. See how fast you get removed by security.
Better yet, organize your OWN convention, invite a few of the authors and researchers you find so laughable, and see how many of them show up. Just get the hell outa the road of those of us who want to explore these things sincerely.

[/playground monitor rant]

---------------------------------
To the MODS -
WHY do you all allow this disrespectful behavior on this forum? WHY? It really detracts from ATS' integrity and informational capacity. I move there be a smack-down of those people who persistently refuse to debate things with respect and actual intelligence. This isn't an elementary playground....or is it??

sigh.
ETA: Ban me if you want, take away my points, do whatever. I just had to say something. I'm not one to sit watching abuse and bullying for long without calling out the offenders.

edit on 5-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Did the OP upload the original file? would that not has a time stamp on it to prove he was telling the truth about when he filmed the heli's?
very odd encounter...

Unit Surrey Police Air Support Unit
Operated By PremiAir
Primary Aircraft EC135
Registration G-SURY
Operating Base Fairoaks
edit on 5-8-2011 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That map of UK bases is a useful addition to this thread.
I wish to add another source of 'strange aircraft' which is near me.
B A E Systems
Warton Aerodrome
Preston
Lancashire PR4 1AX
edit on 5-8-2011 by margaretr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Was kinda interesting to read the thread..... The accent isn't an issue.
The only problem is the lack of footage and "excuse" about missing footage... and the edited video.

Who does that?

Why not just upload exactly what you had?

I agree with the other person, The story was an addition to the "cool" footage of Helicopters.... The OP saw lots of choppers flying and made up a story about "lights and noise" and all that.
Had to go and lie down.... felt sick, felt like he was alone and going mad.... yadda yadda.

Reads a lot of books on UFOs and accounts of sightings... or just crap on ATS.

Not difficult either way.

Good effort OP, and an interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I didn't hear anything but we always have lots of air traffic and road noise(live on a main road)

edit on 5-8-2011 by Diamonquecharm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Aye. The raw footage would be useful, and would prove or disprove things in seconds.

Without something like that, why should we not debate it, intensely if necessary. I can imagine this does work people up and why would that be a problem - it's called frustration, frustration at not getting the facts some of us need to make a thorough judgement. I suppose I could just say "ooh wow you were in a time slip!" but I don't believe that for one minute. I come here to pick things apart, find out if there are aliens involved...We aren't getting anywhere here, just a bunch (like someone said earlier) of stories from around the globe - a mish-mash of semi-related incidents and people's UFO encounters.

I don't see it as fair to tell people to read the entire thread before replying. What about people who have a life and didn't login over the last few days, and now there's 200 replies - do you really expect them to have to read them all before they can speak? If you choose to make a first post then you must be willing to back it up as the rest of us will constantly use the first post for reference. None of the other posts hold the same information, do they - so it's not that important for them to be read.

Anyway, yes, raw footage. Needed. But if you're that worried about copyright, I guess we'll never see it. As an investigator I'm pretty appalled at the way this is being handled. Forget the bickering, forget what has been said, worry about what has not been said, what is yet to be found out (or not as it may be the case). Imagine this reply is the second reply in the entire thread, it holds the same weight as all the others - provide the raw footage. Recounting the event over and over is not going to satisfy those of us who need to dig deeper, and see things in front of us that we can delve into - but are being refused the info/files.

Now we have people believing the video shows alien spaceships following helicopters. That is deception. This story is deceiving in many ways. I'm a big believer - but compared to many other recent stories - this one is just becoming more warped at every turn.

EDIT. Christ, now look - people are discussing thunder. So many off topic threads in here at least my ranting is to do with the content from the first post

edit on 5-8-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join