It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I have a theory regarding the sound and the ominous feeling that people tend to experience when they first start hearing the mysterious sound.

I've noticed that the main difference to this mystery sound when compared to others is that it's omnidirectional. This seems to disorient the auditory senses.

EDIT: Regarding this thread though... I have my doubts.. The hum and helicopters I can believe, yet complete memory loss has never been attributed to the hum (that I know of). And there seems to be other ATS accounts trying too hard to validate this story... even one created today...

edit on 5-8-2011 by matito because:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I mean come on - half the people here are griping the video is too short - but at at least there is video!

A video of helicopters in the Aliens and UFOs forum!

I think it's a great vid. I dunno what it is,

Helicopters.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by flexy123

Yes he was so "shaken" that he had time to add all the text and a nice logo.

You've got some good points - but let me add: I've been through Mt. Etna erupting in my backyard and dumping massive ash and fallout all over my place - so bad I can hardly hear with the 'hail like' sounds falling on my roof - I'm shaking like hell - and I still sat and put music to the video and pics I'd just taken of the whole mountain on fire with lava - and did this all during the eruption! And I only just learned how to post vids on YT also.

People process 'fear' in too many different ways to use it as a key point for or against their credibility.

peace

Yes i see your point - BUT: It's also (and even more) an indication for the psychology of the poster..because, sorry, a hoaxer is is usually also kind of a "show off" and proud of his story/hoax...the event is actually LESS important to him than making an impression on Youtube. Psychology!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
del
edit on 5-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Originally posted by VraxUK
reply to post by BlackDove

Last night at around 8PM my town had a 2 hour power cut, there were a few flashes out to sea, and a few inland, but no sign or sound of thunder, was a clear night too so we would have seen any lightning. Strange.

Everything was down, from traffic lights to street lights, saw a few helo's buzzing around my area too, but didn't really take any notice of them, as I thought they were police choppers. Though our county only has one. Clocked about 4 or 5 helo's toward the north of the town. Strange times.

And your Town Is?

If you took the time to read the thread, you would know that my town is Lowestoft, Suffolk. I suggest everyone that wants to get involved in this discussion they should take their time to read it. It's not my problem if people havn't got the time to do so, but it in fact is my problem when they wan't to get involved, and people have to state things more than once because certain people are too lazy to bother.

I call it trolling.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Last night at around 8PM my town had a 2 hour power cut, there were a few flashes out to sea, and a few inland, but no sign or sound of thunder, was a clear night too so we would have seen any lightning. Strange.

On a side-note, i cant help but think that some people REALLY never experienced what is called "heat lightning"?

I am not saying that all observed events, sounds etc. are explainable right away....but SOME posts to me sound like people observed heat lightning and then automatically come to conclusion with aliens, ghosts, mind control and haarp? How absurd is this?
edit on 5-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I've come across heat lightning, but I'm pretty sure thunder is audible when it hits the main power transformer in the town, yet no one heard or saw this "strike".

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

On a side-note, i cant help but think that some people REALLY never experienced what is called "heat lightning"?

I am not saying that all observed events, sounds etc. are explainable right away....but SOME posts to me sound like people observed heat lightning and then automatically come to conclusion with aliens, ghosts, mind control and haarp? How absurd is this?

You've answered your own question - or negated your observation.

If someone has never seen heat lightening - a huge flash in the sky that lights up the area like day? Without the 'bolt' and without the 'thunder'? And only just observed this for the fist time - along with all the helicopters and buzzing sounds, etc? It isn't too hard of a stretch to believe they'd think something strange just happened'. No, not absurd at all. How they process the info from there can be critiqued (if they take the reaction to the extreme) but if I'd never seen heat-lightening before it would be easy to assume something 'weird' was up.

peace

peace

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm from the lower end of the UK and trust me no one i know of comes close to sounding like harry potter. Most people I know hate that movie.

Anyways where you from the UK? There seems to be a couple of these posts,one near stanstad and now this. Getting annoyed that I never get to see anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The accent I hear in the video does sound very American. Also, I find it very strange that you have all this edited, uploaded and looking so professional when you, as you say yourself, a bit shaky because it just happened..

I live in southeast England, I have an American accent, I hear american accents all the time in fact. Having lived here for 5 years I can tell you that there are many many different accents.

The video doesn't look professional..any schmuck could do a video like that with Windows movie maker..takes a couple of minutes..give another few minutes to upload to youtube.. seriously.

I believe the OP was shaken up, I believe it was strange and unusual, but I think it probably has a logical explanation, I'm in the same general area and it is not unusual to see aircraft of all types flying in formation.Additionally, the weather the last day or two was conducive to lightening strikes and strange rumbling sounds..it's been hot.

I don't think the OP was attention seeking or making it up deliberately.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
We here in Northolt had a weird noise yesterday, it was a very loud synthesiser type noise that was on and then off after about 5 seconds, very very odd noise unlike anything I've ever heard here.

I hear the incoming planes to Terminal 5 @ Heathrow day in day out, we get rumbles and all sorts from the reverse thrust but generally it all sounds similar and nothing like the noise we heard. We also have RAF Northolt behind us but yesterday there was an awful lot more in's and out's by the military choppers BUT this was no show.

Again we get heli noise all the time from various types of craft (mostly choppers) but this was not a chopper or plane noise, the nearest I can think of it would be the noise heard from the craft in the War of the Worlds remake but more metallic / synthed , it was loud and seemed to be coming from everywhere in the sky, this was very easily heard.

Very very odd, no flashes seen in the sky but definite chopper activity very soon after, for what I don't know but twas a strange thing to witness.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
That is strange because last night anywhere from 12 am to 2 am i do not know when me and my girlfriend had got home we were drunk and don't recall looking at the time but we were outside smoking a cigarette and fighting about to stupid stuff i live in southern california... A very big flash of a bright light came i didn't where it came from it just lit up the the sky it had to of been from behind us. Then a few seconds their was a very weird noise for about 10 seconds and then it was gone. I can't explain the noise, I was thinking maybe it was lightning but maybe it wasn't if you saw sorta the same thing. Anybody else see this in southern california?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Some people will believe anything. I guess you're one of them.

Most people would simply upload the raw video to youtube with a description. Most people who were really shaken would not take the time to edit a video in any way, by adding not only text in between..but also a frickin logo? Please give yourself a shake. The OP is hoaxing you all and you are lapping it up.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
I'm from the lower end of the UK and trust me no one i know of comes close to sounding like harry potter. Most people I know hate that movie.

I live in Spain, we have many Brits ("Expats") here..they ALL sound like Harry Potter, at least to me

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
from a logical point of view all we have here for evidence is your word and video of helicopters. If nobody remembers it but you well then...are you so special that you were spared the memory wipe? seems unlikely.

the logical reasoning would be that your either imagined it or your lying for attention. both far more plausible scenarios considering the outrageous claim with such little evidence. again we have is a video of helicopters that proves nothing. sorry but im going to need more than just your word. it just seems too convenient that nobody but you remembers the event. just saying.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Great point about the logo in the video. That's basically a watermark, as if to say "I expect to see this footage used elsewhere". There are a bunch of other inconsistencies, which I won't go back into - because to be fair I've been asking the OP's home town for some time now and it gets completely ignored and I get made to look like an idiot for asking. If no-one can actually answer that (especially those who have apparently read the whole thread) then I guess you're talking from Uranus - the OP's location has never been disclosed anywhere in the thread. And if it's so hard just to say "He's from.." rather than "WELL WHY DONTS YOU LOOKORS FOR URS3LF" then I can only assume these people are trying to further the fabrication which is this tall tale.

I mean, the guy said his kids were with him and he told them to stay put, he witnessed the flash, then went back inside and pissed off his family by asking them constantly - apparently. If he saw a flash OUTSIDE whilst his family were INSIDE what exactly was the response he was expecting? "Yes, we too saw the flash that was outside whilst we were inside doing other things." No wonder they got pee'd off, apparently.

Sadly, a bit like the recent Fort Worth UFO sighting thread - this one has divulged into general ignorance.

So many people have come in with their related experience, which is great, but none of these are related to this incident, which supposedly took place at August 4th 2011 at around 4pm. THAT'S what people like me want to hear, other people's reports of what they saw/heard at THAT time on THAT date. If you experienced something similar in Outer Mongolia in December 2003, GREAT! But does that REALLY matter to this case? NO.

Some of us want substance, some of us want answers. We're not getting either. People are quick to flag a topic and star some comments without actually doing some investigation for themselves. Again like the Fort Worth footage. I have worked on the video footage and I quite clearly see a classic flying saucer dive bombing and zooming off, but nooo, of course, to everyone else it was a bug. Did you folks dissect the video? Did you research and watch videos of other claimed flying saucers? I hardly believe half the people that starred and flagged that thread (and said "BUG!") did.

Some things ARE nice to read on this site but some of the more outlandish claims need BACKING UP.

Anyway - yeah, I have no further interest in this thread. It reeks of hoax to me. And I'm not just saying that as a person who's popped on ATS to "say something". I watch UFO videos and work with CGI on a daily basis and have done for a decade, I love human and internet psychology and also am an avid fan of weather and aeroplanes - all I can say is everything here so far adds up to a hoax, a misinterpretation and at the very least, simply NOTHING to do with ALIENS or UFO's.

It took 12 pages, but thank god people are finally posting less ignorant replies - and realize there is something fishy about this 'case'.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

At first I thought maybe you were just hearing the DOW Drop from across the sea, but I see you have some kind of video... let's see if any other folks make a report !

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MCL1150

"Some kind of video" is a good way to put it. He could have taken a video of himself doing a poo, and it would have held as much relevance as the one in the original post.

The helicopters, as the majority of us know, are flying in formation for some kind of airshow or other, not because they are "tracking" anything. Nor would the more logical between us ever assume they were all flying together because of some dark secret which has whooshed and flashed at one - repeat - ONE lone person in some Surrey village.

!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

You didn't read my post fully did you?

I said I believed there was a logical explanation, I believe in fact there is a logical explanation for ALL UFO type sightings and experiences.

I also believe that people get shaken up, scared, confused about incidents that may lead them to conclusions which are...wrong. This doesn't make the people "bad" or "hoaxers", it makes them human.

ATS really isn't a friendly place to bring one's experiences is it...I know if I experienced something, I sure as hell wouldn't tell you lot about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Probebly the most closed minded comment iv seen reguarding multiculturalisim..... -_- for all you know he could be from any country and be a recent resident of england, did you think he could be a migrant? also people in england have many different accents depending where they are from in england, i know as i have english heratage and so does my partner, and her dad is full englishmen, just like my mum, so think next time, i dont really think that comment matters unless your trying to critisize or track the person.....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join