It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with the massive solar flare which is predicted to hit earth August 5th at 10:00 UT.

Read more at spaceweather.com...

Just throwing it out there. Who knows what the effects of a solar flare om the human body is?

I have read credible reports in the past that they can affect our bodies and even our DNA, so who knows.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Ive had a few American friends, the first thing they say to me is 'Do you know prince charles' i reply no, they say 'well England is pretty small, how can you not know him?' Then they state that they find it strange that i don't talk all posh, then they make a joke about tea and crumpets... I am English, im white, i live in Surrey, and this happened today.

I appreciate your input, it made me smile. Also, whilst my hands are jittery, i am still able to type. Although in the video there is a spelling mistake.

The land mass might be small but with over 50 million people the population isn't! There are also many different accents in England.

However, I am from Reading, just up the road from Surrey and I do agree your accent sounds American!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by serendipity59
Also people mention about feeling sick ect after these noises and someone also mentioned rain following the noise too. strangly the noise was really loud on tuesday morning here and Wed night torrential rain hit us, I know the British weather is strange at times but the downpour we had was the most unusual I have ever seen. The sun was shining and very hot blue sky all around, then suddenly a huge cloud came in from the East and started to cover the whole sky, it came in straight line and I stood and watched it slowly move right over the entire sky untill no blue was left then the downpor began.

I live in the US, in the Midwest, and have lived here for over 40 years. Earlier this week we had the strangest rainstorm I've ever witnessed. It was a hot, cloudless day, with the sun burning bright. I heard a sound from outdoors that just felt "off" to me, and went to the porch to investigate. From out of the blue sky came a heavy, gray cloud - out of nowhere. It formed in the sky very quickly, accompanied by a low, rolling, rumble. (which, incidentally, I've been hearing for months now, on and off) It formed up within a minute, looking just like a storm cloud from a child's drawing - plop, in the middle of the blue sky. The rumbling stopped, and instantaneously, it began to rain HARD. No sprinkling, no light rain to start things off; just like flipping a switch, it went from dry to downpour. And the rain was HOT. The sidwalks were hotter after the rain than they were before, and the water that accumulated in my daughter's sandbucket felt hot, like bathwater. Just as fast as it started, it stopped and the cloud disappeared. My husband, who works a few miles away, reported getting no rain at his office at all. Never seen anything like it.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Just a few choppers, other craft and the usual "wow!".

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I wish I could edit youtube videos like this the same day I joined youtube.

interesting.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
While I find this whole thing very interesting, one bit bothers me.
You say you recorded some video, then strangeness happens, and suddenly all you have is ten seconds of footage.
Why ten seconds? If something "spooky" happened, be it some entity wiping memories or a "timeslip", why leave ten seconds of footage for you? Why leave any at all? That alone makes me question this.
It's too specific and too questionable.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackDove

...there are two airports, Gatwick and Heathrow. Heathrow is in the direction the craft were flying from and Gatwick was in the almost in the direction they were heading but they wern't going to Gatwick and i see the normal planes etc. in the sky going to land at Gatwick, so what i mean is the craft where flying North to South. Hope that helps.

If you live in Surrey what about Farnborough airfield and Redhill Aerodrome which is headquarters of Bristow Helicopters? Surrey is a large area can you be more specific about your actual location.

I see nothing strange in the video. Just a fleet of helicopters. The video is suspiciously short, too, cutting off so the distant helicopters can be called "strange objects". No date stamp on it either so it could have been shot at any time - during a past Farnborough airshow, for example. This would explain why "no one can recall seeing the choppers" - simply because it didn't happen yesterday. Your implied memory wipe also makes for a convenient lack of secondary witnesses. Nothing strange about the weather conditions you describe, either - this is England after all! Nor is it mysterious that your neighbour doesn't answer his door - that is if you are being truthful about knocking on his door.

I have serious doubts about the whole story.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
OP must be near one of the following places:
Richmond upon Thames
Kingston upon Thames
Epsom

going by the "Heathrow to Gatwick" principle.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Found this site.

OP should have a look......sounds very similar

worldufos.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
seems tyoe odd of the vid cause it seems old and also if your from englnd wouldnt you have a accent?

COR BLIMEY GUV'NOR! DID YOUR PEEPERS SEE THAT?!

There dozens of accents throughout Britain!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Also, how do you explain your family not remembering any of this but you do?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VraxUK
reply to post by kaivonmack

Strange, seems like there's a lot of activity for some reason or another in the South East these few days.

They have finally arrived so i see.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
A blatant hoax if I ever saw one. I think the object at the side that looks like a speaker is a dead give away. Either way it looks like a airshow. What's with all these attention seekers?

edit on 5-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nobody from the uk ANYWHERE in the uk would use the term "stand up kinda guy" you my friend are an American.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
Nobody from the uk ANYWHERE in the uk would use the term "stand up kinda guy" you my friend are an American.

Amen to that brother!

Oh, I mean yeah, too right.

I live in Liverpool and quite often see formations of helicopters flying overhead as within a radius of 30 miles there are two international airports, a couple of air force bases (small ones) and a British Aerospace manufacturing and testing plant.
I've never "lost any time " watching them though.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
OP, helicopters don't fly in formation like that unless they are trying to show off, because it's dangerous and unnecessary. So you had to of film some type of air display.

As for the rest of your story... Are you trying to convince people that some event happened, and that erased people's (your family and others) memory of it happening? And it's making you sick?

Also, what is with the little logo and other markings on your video?

Sorry my instinct is telling me this is all just made up...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
---> HOAX BIN (or better TRASH bin)

I think too many inconsistencies with this one.

1) Why did he edit his video and made all that snazzy text if he was still "shaken"?
2) He says he is from UK but sounds like an american, using american slang
3) Cheesy story ("nobody remembers the event but me")...etc..etc.... YAWN
4) Why would he run in the house, get his camera and then produce an amazing only 3-4 seconds of footage? (The copters were clearly NOT gone yet and the alleged "event" was still going on.)
5) footage looks old, not from cell phone
6) most of the posts in this tread are NOT related, just a random dump of ufo/strange noise/weather lighting etc. sightings...including HAARP and "Shuck" etc. stuff... Gullible people who want to BELIEVE will even believe if there is 100 reasons which clearly show that the OP is a fake

The only and really interesting thing in this whole thread, in my opinion, was actually that one video of the "strange sounds" which was really creepy...but the OP's post fails at being credible.

Also, what is with the little logo and other markings on your video?

Yes he was so "shaken" that he had time to add all the text and a nice logo.

PEOPLE WAKE UP - DON'T BE IGNORANT. Use your BRAIN.

edit on 5-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Wow, so I guess that means there are NO American's married with children in the UK!
Biggest SHOCKER in this thread yet!!!

To the OP: I'm going to stand on your side here and not so much that I believe you (please that is NOT and insult) but for the reason of - I see too often people give accounts of a 'sighting' or 'strange happening' and all they do is get FLAMED.

I mean come on - half the people here are griping the video is too short - but at at least there is video!

I gotta say - with the reactions people get from going out on a limb in this section of the threads? I could have video of an Alien bringing me flowers from their planet, pics of their craft all while holding up a recent newspaper and bio-samples from the alien and I STILL WOULDN'T POST IT ON ATS!

People need to back off, be respectful, stop thinking so INSIDE THE FREAKIN BOX and give people a break until there is proof positive what they're posting is a HOAX.

I think it's a great vid. I dunno what it is, and, I'm not sure about all the ins and outs of the recount - but - I've heard and SEEN a lot stranger things than this.

If you're on the level (again this is to the OP) then stick with your story and don't' worry - the opinions you're facing here do not and cannot change the events as you experienced them. You DON'T NEED VALIDATION from ATS to make the experience real. You know what you know.

If you're not on the level? Well... No wonder people react here as they do.

peace

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

edit on 5-8-2011 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Yes he was so "shaken" that he had time to add all the text and a nice logo.

You've got some good points - but let me add: I've been through Mt. Etna erupting in my backyard and dumping massive ash and fallout all over my place - so bad I can hardly hear with the 'hail like' sounds falling on my roof - I'm shaking like hell - and I still sat and put music to the video and pics I'd just taken of the whole mountain on fire with lava - and did this all during the eruption! And I only just learned how to post vids on YT also.

People process 'fear' in too many different ways to use it as a key point for or against their credibility.

peace

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join