It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FTSE Loses £50bn Amid Eurozone Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here we go, it's all down hill from here:

"Almost £50bn has been wiped off the value of the FTSE as the EU president warned the eurozone crisis is spreading. The FTSE closed at 5393, down 191 points or 3.43%, taking £49.8bn from its value.

It is the biggest fall on the FTSE for more than two years.

Since last Friday morning, £124.97bn, or 8.17%, has been wiped off the value of the FTSE 100."

That's right, over one hundred and twenty four BILLION, wiped out, since friday.

Staggering.

Where will it all end???

Source: news.sky.com...

Regards.

P.S. Please see my other post regarding todays fall of the DOW here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: including information missed.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It'll end in another crunch.. but who will be left holding the hot potato this time round?

will it be blamed on the US or Eurozone??

*shakes head*

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The EU President states earlier in the day that the Eurozone crisis is expaning, then just hours later £50 Billion is 'rinsed' from the FTSE.

That's some prediction, that came true within hours.

I wonder if he has any 2012 or Comet Elenin predictions, could be interesting..??

Maybe he should join ATS??

Regards.

edit on 4-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: Spelling (as usual)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's amazing the power virtual money has over people.
Stocks go up and down according to rumors and it is fueled by speculation.

If you think this all our world revolves around, then you need to take a serious pill.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Surreptitious

The Global Economic collapse is near - theres no doubt about that. Prepare for martial laws being enforced in many countries around the world as the people finally stand up to the corrupt governments and banks. No cover up story by the mainstream media can avert this crisis, its imminent. The revolution is almost upon us, after which we will either enter a new age for mankind or just be oppressed and silenced by our Governments.
edit on 4-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I kinda shook my head in despair at his words and the impact it would have in the markets...
I seriously wonder where he had his money invested!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
collapse is near, i dont know about that maybe in a year or two, there are alot of strings that can be pulled to slow the collapse, I think its inevitable, but this is probably just a short fall and will go back up in a month or two. Of course I hope that I am wrong and that this is the first card of the house of cards to fall

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You and me both,

I could not believe what was coming out of his mouth, I then started to scan the stocks and guess what...!?

This 'problem' is only just beginning here in Europe, Spain and Italy, especially Italy are going down the tubes.

Italy's economy is can be compaired to a giant supermarket chain, where as Greece is just a corner shop.

I don't know how this situation will ever be recovered, the US jobs are falling, everything is going into decline and we all have the Banksters to blame.

So we are being led to believe....

Nothing to do with Wars then...???

Regards.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I am certainly concerned where this is all going especially how similar the current social economic and militarist landscapes are to the late 1930s.. *worried frown*

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more,

Every time the markets loose money, the Governments have to make it back some how..

Just how exactly do they expect to make up the losses??

We are all paying way 'over the top' for food, fuel etc, so what are they going to do next to claw this money back?

Where is it going to come from, this is what worries me.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have been banging on since this started that without even a sniff of new wealth creation schemes there was no way we can get out of this in our current state without extensive social issues..

and I just do not see how the elite would allow that anger to ferment to the point it makes their position untenable.. so I can not help but feel before that happens they'll attempt to redirect that anger elsewhere and it is not as though they've not created enough enemies they can use for that purpose.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Good points,

Perhaps another War is needed, Iran anyone?

Osama Bin Laden, before he was 'taken out', claimed the West/US would be destroyed from within, not from a 9/11 style attack but from financial ruin and/or population 'take over'.

Well, we are seeing both these situations playing out right now, Europe is being beseiged and out numbered by Muslims and the US is being financially crippled.

Pres Obama is said to have Muslim roots, so are we now witnessing the 'plan' to destroy the West, from within actually occurring before our very eyes??

Another interesting post here on ATS today, mentions "where exactly has all the money/debt actually gone?"

It appears as if Trillions of Euros/Dollars/Pounds/money/debt has simply dissappeared into thin air, but how?

My question is, how much of this financial crisis is actually being created/manipulated and to what end??

Regards.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: Spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Whether the purported Muslim threat is manufactured or real is almost beside the point if the elite need a scapegoat to redirect the anger fermenting in their populations.. I honestly think anyone/group will do in this situation..

I do wonder how close we are to things turning nasty.. In the UK on the onset of the "credit crunch" the Labour Government started saying we faced a "Summer of Rage" tm that never materialised...

They also keep on about how the "Credit Crunch" tm will drive up crime and yet crime is coming down..

One Minister (Phil Woolas) even stood up in front a Muslim congress to say that his Gov would protect "minorities" for the worst of the recession yet they did nothing to help minorities..

All in all I get a feeling they are desperate to engineer a conflict... be it creating deep disharmony between the West and Muslims or between America and her allies.. I am sure they (the elite) do not care which groups turn on each other.. but it really does feel obvious they are trying..

Which is why Baraso's comments undermining the Euro almost makes sense if the elite are playing to another agenda.

new topics

top topics

join