It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Coma Diameter Exceeds 200,000 km says Leonid Elenin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm not afraid and I really could care less about this, or any other comet for that matter. Not like I have any control over it. In fact, I kinda hope for a disaster of epic porportion to happen daily. Bring on the chaos... I'll sit around and laugh while everyone else is running around in panic-mode, and on fire.

It doesn't make me a bad person, does it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by today

A Nibiru insider? Really. I thought that would be Zecheria Sitchin but he has since passed from this Earth.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

It doesnt have to be disaster causing at all if any effect made in this plane of 3d.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Oh.... but disasters are so much fun.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
the name of the mag is in the clip... do I have to do everything for you? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

k

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i believe this comet is being hyped up into something worse than it actually is.

but lets propose for a minute that it is a worse case scenerio, there is STILL no point worrying about it. there is nothing the average person could do about it even if they wanted to. it would be in the hands of government.

the government would not tell people about it because of the panic it would cause, it would simply be down to them to decide the best options and do what they thought were best. it could be there is nothing they could do either, or they might decide a few billion dying is needed, getting somebody into power with a differing view would take to long. but lets suppose they could do something and did not think like that, there is no gaurentee what they did would work, and if it did work then we will be fine.

the point is here even if it was a worse case scenerio why spend the next few months worrying about it. i do not think it is anything to worry about and it is being hyped up, but even if it were something to worry about whats the point?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i thought i would put this out here www.earth-issues.com... an change event? or is it? from the link

The Blue “Kachina” has returned to “Dance in the Heavens” once again! Welcome this return, it signals a period of great ‘cleansing’ for a world so greatly in need. The time for true “Change” has arrived.
so is it the planet X of the South African tribes? the 12th planet told by the aboriginal tribes of the out back? (annunaki and reptiles...?)Nibiru? if it was just one story or myth then yes it could be dismissed as such , but as in this case there are to many from all around the world so is 2012 the year of the commit? we shall see.
edit on 4-8-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

There is an interesting article that was published by Time in 1972 about a man who had possibly discovered the existence of a 10th planet.

Checking historical observations dating back nearly 1,700 years, Brady found a peculiar irregularity: on each approach to the sun, Halley's Comet shows up as many as four days earlier or later than its predicted arrival date. That variation seemed to indicate that some unknown force must be influencing the comet's motion. Could it be the gravitational tug of a planet beyond Pluto?

Read More

Be Well

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

k

I mean really... you're gonna build your house on the beach, on stilts, in New England and then cry when your house is being sucked out into the middle of the Atlantic? Please! If you live in a flood zone and you don't have a boat, I don't know what to tell ya. Guess what... how about don't build your house on the side of a hill where mud-slides happen? I know... this is off topic. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I find it amazing that people are claiming comet elenin was found in the 50's. Especially since it is name after the guy that found it on December 10, 2010. So basically the argument is that in the 50s this very same comet was found and was probably given another name back then and hen we all forgot it and Leonid now comes 60 years later and finds it again and our info on it is all wrong compared to what was assessed 60 years ago. Because then, when this comet was first found but no one bothered to give it a name, telescopes were a lot better...

At some point you really have to try and learn the basics of astronomy before starting to talk.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Its all good I read you more then you may know

Be well

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Its all good I read you more then you may know

Be well

Awesome

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Comet(?) Elenin began crossing our orbit yesterday 8/3/11.
You can view the NASA JPL Elenin Orbit Tracker page to see for yourself.

So, the first results. The comet has grown. Now the diameter of it’s outer coma exceeded 200,000 km! Of course, at this time we have only low resolution images, but they still allow us to estimateits current size. I want to remind you that the outer coma, it’s very discharged gas envelope, not the nucleus itself, estimates of the nucleus size has not changed. ~ Leonid Elenin 8/4/11

Elenin's coma is now the size of Comet McNaught's inner coma when that one came by in 2007. Elenin's closest approach to Earth is on Oct.16 and if there's debris, we'll be passing through that on or around Oct.31.

Comet McNaught's closest approach was 15,872,305 miles.
Here's a pic of Comet McNaught. photo by: Tony Vigo[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16e7427c1a87.jpg[/atsimg]

Comet Elenin's closest approach will be 44,843,740 miles.

Elenin is already passing our orbit and heading towards the sun so it could flare up dramatically even more at any time now. When visable, look just to the right of Saturn. In the 1st week of October it should be at least at a 7th magnitude and visible through binoculars low in the morning sky.

Elenin hugs the horizon and remains in twilight from the northern U.S. and Canada now until it pops into the morning sky in October. Those living in the southern hemisphere however will continue to be able to watch the comet all the way into early September, when it might reach 7th magnitude. From mid-September through the start of October no one will see Elenin, because it will be too near the sun and invisible in its glare.

Around October 4, it will enter the morning sky in fine form in Leo for observers in the northern hemisphere. Since the comet is closest to Earth around this time, it will cover ‘ground’ quickly, becoming easier to see each morning as it moves higher in the sky. Because of the comet’s angle to the horizon, southern hemisphere observers will need to wait a few more days for its re-appearance.

* August 7 – Moves from Leo in the constellation Virgo. Earth distance: 133 million miles. Now at 10th magnitude. Might still be visible from the southern U.S. very low in the west during late twilight through a telescope. ~ Astro Bob

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Even Leonid Elenin denied there was a comet named Elenin. Everybody in charge told us there is no such thing as Elenin. So many people believed this that just talking about it gave lots of people laughing fit.

Now we see that it does exist.

Why all those lies.
To avoid panic? It would be much easier to just explain about this 'harmless 'comet, and then maybe I would believe it. Now after all those lies, I don't believe it and it makes me wonder....
we (they) also deny the existence of a much larger planet (X) and asking about it is good for a few chuckles....

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Amazing how a 3-4 km nuclei can generate a 200,000, km coma
And its supposed to be a ice body

edit on 8/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Comets are not clean ice bodies. they build over time a hard crust of rock and dirt.

The more rock and dirt buildup the smaller the coma.
The rock and dirt act as a shield stopping part of the solar wind from reaching and volatilizing the ice that is the coma.(off gassing.)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Even Leonid Elenin denied there was a comet named Elenin

I hate to look like a stickler, but this did intrigue me. Would you happen to have a source about Elenin denying the existence of the very comet he supposedly discovered???

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
Even Leonid Elenin denied there was a comet named Elenin.

This would really make me change my mind on the comet Elenin. Do you have a link you could provide me with where Elenin denies having found a comet?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

lol, be careful what you wish for:

because humans have an inbred fear of comets for very good reasons, cometary and asteroid impacts have occurred before:

Half the tablet records planet positions and clouds, while the other half describes the movement of an object looking like a 'stone bowl' travelling quickly across the sky.

The description matches a type of asteroid known as an Aten type, which orbits the Sun close to the Earth. Its trajectory would have put it on a collision course with the Otz Valley.

'It came in at a very low angle - around six degrees - and then clipped a mountain called Gaskogel around 11km from Köfels,' said Mr Hempsell.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

4_asteroids_strike_earth_within_a_year_media_c overs_it_up.

-Tunguska-Psychopathy-and-the-Sixth-Extinction

It would be naïve to think, however, that one merely has to point to deep-seated cracks in the structure of modern knowledge to have scholars setting to and constructing a better framework within which mankind might plan his future. There is considerable intellectual capital invested in the status quo, enough to ensure that those with an interest in preserving it, the 'enlightened' and the 'established', will continue to present the cosmos to us in a suitably non-violent form. The history of ideas reveals that some will even go further and act as a kind of thought police, whipping potential deviants into line. For them, temporal power takes precedence over the fate of the species. (Clube, The Cosmic Winter)

This problem of the "status quo" and "thought police" is not a minor issue. In this series of articles that were kicked off by Mike Baillie's book New Light on the Black Death, we have repeatedly come face to face with the obvious fact that those in positions of power and authority lie to the masses of humanity as a rule rather than an exception.
Again and again in this series, we have discussed historical cometary bombardments, the consequences for humanity being dire enough to begin with, but which were then exacerbated and capitalized upon by pathological deviants, following which the facts were covered up by lies. Worse, again and again we have seen that the masses of humanity that suffer the most from these assaults and manipulations appear to be quite willing to be deceived even to their own death and destruction (if only someone will give them something warm and fuzzy to believe in and a scapegoat to blame). At present, we are observing this phenomenon playing out on the global stage in real time and again and again we shake our heads and ask "why?!" What is it about our world, our present day culture, the human beings that occupy our planet, that gives rise to this bizarre condition that lies are preferred over truth, death over life?

scroll down to the comets and catastrophe section in the left sidebar on the page for the links to the rest of the series

-The-Dark-Ages-Were-They-Darker-Than-We-Imagined-

CATASTROPHES IN HUMAN HISTORY www.barry.warmkessel.com...

ABSTRACT

Throughout history, mankind has feared comets, and perhaps rightfully so. The Egyptian record shows that our civilizations have been ravaged by comet impacts and volcanic eruptions throughout the centuries. Contained herein is an initial list of such catastrophes between 3200 BC and 550 AD. Data has been extracted from thee records and from petroglyphs that put a human face on the scope and magnitude of these catastrophes. This data is presented for the world to see what the past has to offer and imagine what the future contains.

INTRODUCTION

A Catastrophe in prehistory is a very strange subject. I shall attempt to explain it in this way. The whole (Egyptian) prehistory is a constant hymne to the KING, who is able to control everything: the State, his People, the Enemies, the Economy, the Art, etc. Then, suddenly, a Catastrophe occurs. Everybody is surprised that the KING is not able to destroy, remove, or whatever, the Catastrophe. It turns out the Catastrophe is more powerful than the KING. So, everybody is silent, and everybody waits till it is all over. Then people start again all the hymnes about the power of the KING, etc.

So, the result is that there is hardly any information about all these Catastrophes. It is very hard to get data. If there are stories about Catastrophes, these are so-called "Lamentations" without any information about what really happened. It simply is a very strange subject!

The geographic knowledge of the Ancients is much better than we generally believe. Australia was discovered in the 3rd Dynasty. America was discovered in the 4th Dynasty, the Atlantic Ocean was crossed in the 5th Dynasty, the last territories on Earth were discovered in the 11th Dynasty (Hawaii and Antarctica).

Usually there is some information about the Catastrophe that occurred during the reign of the king. These Catastrophes are so big, that people had to mention these, because of the huge impact on society. So, when studying the notes, small indications are visible that point to these Disasters. Monuments and petroglyphs are more serious "documents" for information about duration and casualties of Catastrophes. However, the subject remains difficult to analyze.

and it will be covered up before, during and after.

not doom-tarding here, just pointing a few "inconvenient truths" out [gore can sue me]

that said uinless we pass through the tail and any heavy biological stuff enters the atmosphere, or a massive influx of DOR [negative orgone] i don't think elenin has much more to offer in regards to the NIBIRU Psyops

all this is said to have started with zeta-talk

The Planet X, Nibiru Psyops Keeps Going, & Going, & Going, & Going.....educate-yourself.org...

Nibiru was seen by the Sumerian astronomers 3850 BC. It was huge in the sky with a comet tail covering more than half the night sky. Anu and his wife, rulers of Nibiru made a state visit to Earth to view the spectacle. They later went
to Mars to view Nibiru from that planet. At closest approach Nibiru is in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, its orbit never crossed
Earth's orbit.

With 3600 year orbit it should have returned about 150 BC. There is no astronomical record of its return.

If it were somehow missed by the sky watchers of Alexandria, Babylon, Rome, Persia, India and China by showing up on the opposite side of the
sun and it were to return in another 3600 years then it should show up 3450 AD about 1439 years from now.

I was told in 1971 by the Melchizedek teachings that the people of"Maldek" had destroyed their own planet. Maldek/Marduk/Nibiru are the same planet. I believe the destruction happened about the time of Abraham circa 2000 BC.

follow the links at the bottom of the page to go further down this rabbit hole

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by today

I'm sorry, but not everyone is able to watch videos. So, yes, I guess you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join