It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own UFO experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Alright I am going to finally give up to the ATS community my own UFO experience, Its nuthing earth shattering or even very interesting as some of the others, but it was an experience and one that has stuck with me over the years and is the main reason why Im into the UFO phenom.

It was in May 1989, I was at a friends house( who lived in the country), we were 18 years old and he had just been given his first vehicle. We were outside in front of his dettached garage and I was helping him change one of his tires. It was a Ford Bronco and the tires were heavy. I had just rolled off the old flat tire and was getting ready to help put the new tire on...I had paused a moment to wipe the sweat from my eyes, I had looked up into the sky ( I think I was looking to see if any clouds were near as it was a very warm sunny day) when somehting caught my eye. I told my friend to look up and see if he knew what it was because I surely didnt. What he and I saw was this: it was a red object, not glowing and somewhat in the shape of a elongated arrowhead. I could see that it was rotating along its longest axis and I couldnt hear anything other than the sounds of the woods around us. My friend looked up and then gave it a double look and said he didnt know what in the world it could be,. It wasnt fast moving or fast rotating..but had a steady speed. It moved from north to south (approx). It was low enuff that if it had any markings on it such as an airplane might have I would have seen them. i had the impression it was metallic, as it rotated the sun would very briefly glint off the object. Think of a arrowhead thats been elongated and rotating around its longest axis. We watched the object for about 5 mins..even moving into a nearby clearing to keep it in sight. After that time we lost it as it went beyond our sight due to the tree line. A number of years later ( after the Internet was invented gosh I feel old now lol) I looked up UFOs and came across the MUFON website. I posted a sighting and was later contacted by my regions MUFON representtive and gave an offical report to them. to his date ive never seen anything like it again.

SO there you have it ATS people..my own UFO sighting..albeit from the 80's. Its the reason Ive been so interested in UFOs, and Im sure many of you have the same reasons. I know theres a lot of people that say pics/vids or it didnt happen. However all I can offer you is a promise that this is a true and accurate ( as can be from it being in the 80's)recollection of my sighitng of a UFO..and I use UFO in the truest sense of the words,.,.,it was flying and an object that I could NOT identify. I make no claim to it being actualy aliens I saw..all I can say is that the memory of it has never left me and I often find myself looking into the skies to hopefully see it again someday..or something else entirely. Id be glad to hear of anyone else experiences whether they be similar to this or not at all. thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

Very detailed description, thanks for share it!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nice post Phil,

Whether it's sensational or not, it happened to you and worthy of a note. I've got friends that have similar stories. Surprising how many people have their "own story" about the UFO experience.

I have my own as well, but not even as good as yours.

One of these days, I'll post mine to.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 8/4/2011 by ctdannyd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

I myself have had a very real experience with a low-flying flying triangle aircraft, although I believe that this model was one being tested by the military. At any rate, I believe you because I shared a similar experience.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
thanks for sharing. for me it was also 1989 (winter).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im glad that you all have posted of similar experiences. I know I am or was not crazy but still I feel its a matter of validation that I am not alone in such an experience. it intills me with the belief that there is more to the world that the majority of us are not privvy to, and I feel even more humbled by the fact that I and many more have had a glimpse into the unknown.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well you can always rely on this forum. i know what you mean about the unknown, its comforting in the thought that its not all just the day to day rubbish we all have to go through. And its also nice to hear other peoples stories about the possibility of what could be.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nice post, I like reading other peoples stories regarding UFO's, sensational or not.

I too have my own experience that I am not quite ready to share, mainly because whilst to me it was the most unforgettably amazing and awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen, I feel like unless others saw it with their own eyes they will see it as just another boring and unsubstantiated UFO story :'(

With that said though, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us, I am considering posting mine now

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

i feel the same way. maybe one day i won't care about making a fool of myself. then i'll write it down here, where it'll be a story with big claims and no proof
(no sarcasm intended)

new topics

join