It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Answers Your Questions About Comet Elenin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
oh yawn...not even a meteor show then....sigh...that's what I was looking forward to...the tail......now it looks like it's just a pile of dirt......
oh well onto the next doom and gloom scenario

2012 anyone?...lol

I am afraid you are mistaken if you think there will be no catastrophic events this autumn

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by N34Li3Z

I would rather appear trollish than appear to be fearmongering on unsubstantiated youtube videos.

Good luck to you. See you in November.

Just to note, I'm not a fearmongerer, I find conspiracies interesting, and like researching, connecting dots, etc.
I've never even responded, much less posted a thread on Comet Elenin I don't think. I have read a lot of posts, and threads relating to Comet Elenin, but in truth, I know if there is a big conspiracy, and something terrible is to happen as a result of said comet, there is really nothing I can do about it. There's nothing anyone can do about it. Whether it's a real cataclysmic event, or whether it's a trending conspiracy, the truth is, there is nothing to fear. We're all gonna die one day, I accept this, and there's nothing to stop me, no matter what I dig at in the piles of information popping up via the net, no matter how observant I am...one day I will die by whatever means, and I'm okay with that.

My observation of the NASA article being posted and it's relevance to conspiracy, went like this in my head:

Why is NASA addressing a small minority to the world. It would be the same as the EPA addressing the conspiracy of all of us being infected by prion-tainted beef, and there will be a zombie apocolypse, stating, "Don't worry folks, the beef is safe, no one will get Cruetzfeld-Jacob disease and become Alzheimer-like Zombies, and here's why:etc, etc.

Understand my logic? It's not hard to see why I found it interesting, and yes, NASA does indeed address "why they posted it" in their article, but like I said, it's not typical of NASA to address the conspiracy theorists.

Does anyone have a FAQ page from NASA addressing the concerns that E.T.s don't exist?

Does anyone have a FAQ page from NASA addressing the concerns that the moon landing was hoaxed?

There are more conspiracies concerning those two above subjects involving NASA than comet Elenin.

do ya see what I'm getting at?

If you do have links to FAQ pages of NASA addressing a much larger conspiracy audience, please list them, that would be awesome.

And my apologies for calling some really gifted people trolls, in retrospect, I realize, your points were both valid, and intelligent, and for that, you get a star!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Technically I am new, but I'm going to apologize to you if I was misunderstood. I realize how my posts might seem insulting to the OP because they disagree, but I do think I was polite, and not insulting.

I also felt like I was being attacked by the OP for stating the obvious, on top of being generally exhausted by the Elenin threads, so I may have had a slight edge in my comments. Perhaps I could have used "kid gloves" and downplayed my opinion, but I read my comments a couple of times, and I don't think I was being mean. I even purposely chose the word garish for ornamental purposes when I really had a "c" word in mind.

I still apologize if you thought I was mean ♥
If your post is addressed to someone else, you're free to ignore me

I'm not really here. Shhhh

ETA to the OP: My claim of fearmonger was to establish the extreme prejudiced you used in calling me a troll.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

You also make a valid point.
Perhaps they aren't addressing ET's because they're real. Thats another thread though.
The moon landings fake or not - don't need to be addressed because it's not scaring people.

"Elenin" is a fear thing - and its spreading like a virus - and Hale-Bopp, which was much more of a spectacle than Elenin could hope to be - caused a mass suicide. If NASA is getting inundated with emails about it, odds are they had to address those at some point.

Now after your long post, I feel a need to apologize to you. You seem to have a genuine concern, and an interest to educate
(but the quote really was garish
sorry) ♥

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Nah, this person's definitely no troll, lol

****posted by:FOREVERER on 29-7-2011 @ 03:10 PM this post****
"I'm totally rooting for you Elenin people

Comet? cluster? nibiru? aliens? BRING IT ON!!!!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by N34Li3Z

You also make a valid point.
Perhaps they aren't addressing ET's because they're real. Thats another thread though.
The moon landings fake or not - don't need to be addressed because it's not scaring people.

"Elenin" is a fear thing - and its spreading like a virus - and Hale-Bopp, which was much more of a spectacle than Elenin could hope to be - caused a mass suicide. If NASA is getting inundated with emails about it, odds are they had to address those at some point.

Now after your long post, I feel a need to apologize to you. You seem to have a genuine concern, and an interest to educate
(but the quote really was garish
sorry) ♥

I'm totally rooting for you Elenin people Comet? cluster? nibiru? aliens? BRING IT ON!!!!! signature: I survived 8-3-11 ♥ Why Im so proud! ♥ Where I go to rant ♥ PROOF that Boncho is A God!

Well, uhh...mass suicides? lol. Okay, troll harder. First I'm a fearmongerer, next I'm a valid concerned citizen with a genuine interest in education. lol,

"Elenin" is a fear thing - and its spreading like a virus

A virus, eh? It's more of an interest thing to me, Like I said, you can't fear the reaper in my book. And to address the spreading like a virus statement; I googled "comet elenin fear"

Guess how many results this "viral fear" of a comet recieved from Google from that pretty general search string?

About 552,000 results (0.25 seconds) i HARDLY call that viral. Maybe in your mind this is viral, but across the world, and in the webs, it obviously is not.

Don't mean to get involved in defending my stance on this article which is:

"Don't you find it weird?" (about NASA tweeting/authoring to a very small audience of conspiracy theorists)

garish...lol. you're funny

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
reply to post by Forevever

Nah, this person's definitely no troll, lol

****posted by:FOREVERER on 29-7-2011 @ 03:10 PM this post****
"I'm totally rooting for you Elenin people

Comet? cluster? nibiru? aliens? BRING IT ON!!!!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
Once again, Space Act of 1958..

REPORTS TO CONGRESS Sec. 20116. Reports to Congress
(a) Presidential Report.--The President shall transmit to Congress in May of each year a report, which shall include—

(1) a comprehensive description of the programmed activities and the accomplishments of all agencies of the United States in the field of aeronautics and space activities during the preceding fiscal year; and
(2) an evaluation of such activities and accomplishments in terms of the attainment of, or the failure to attain, the objectives described in section 20102(d) of this title.

(b) Recommendations for Additional Legislation.--Any report made under this section shall contain such recommendations for additional legislation as the Administrator or the President may consider necessary or desirable for the attainment of the objectives described in section 20102(d) of this title.

(c) Classified Information.--No information that has been classified for reasons of 'national security' shall be included in any report made under this section, unless the information has been declassified by, or pursuant to authorization given by, the President.

If it destabilizes 'civilization' NASA will not report.

source: www.nasa.gov...

Where does it say anything about "destabilizing civilization" here? I do see the words "national security," but I'm pretty sure that in 1958 it meant that they wouldn't publish the formula for hypergolic propellant so the Soviets could copy it for their own ICBMs.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by today

I have been reearching the Comet Elenin and the twin sun behind it approaching earth... Nasa are saying it is only 4km accross... it is not... it is at least 80km in diameter and growing, it will be crosing our orbit oct and nov this year we will be in its tail.... some say it will cause a pole shift... from my research I am enclined to believe the same... Please could someone show me a map of the world 26,ooo years ago or something similar... I would like to know where the oceans are and how the land is situated... or can someone point me to a site where I could get this info...

First I would suggest you do a bit of research on comets from sources that do not contain the words "Nibiru, "Planet X," "Wormwood" or "pole shift." Understand what a comet actually is, and what its different parts are. The nucleus of C/2010X-1 is only four kilometers across. That is on the smallish size for a comet. It expels a cloud of extremely thin gases called the "coma." This is now estimated to be about 100,000 kilometers across. There is so little matter in this cloud that it would be considered a perfect vacuum in an Earth laboratory. Pressure from sunlight and the solar wind blows dust and gas away from the Sun, forming the comet's "tail." It too is extremely tenuous. The Earth passes through the tails of comets all the time with absolutely no ill effect. If you go outside around midnight in the middle of the month, you will see exactly what happens. Shooting stars.

<< 1   >>

join