It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman on campus of Virginia Tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Just breaking....

Reports of an armed gunman on the campus of Virigina Tech, site of the 2007 mass shooting.

This is just coming across the wires as I write this.

Will look for updates and post accordingly.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Oh man, I hope this doesn't turn out to be true.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hope this is all a mistake, and someone has wrongly identified someone carrying something other than a gun, as someone carrying a gun.

But, the world is a messed up place, so I'll hold out for actual linkage.

fingers crossed for a quick, and body count free outcome.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Schools not in session yet so what's he shooting, pigeons?

Well my school isn't anyways maybe Virginia Tech starts earlier than others.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its in the news here
www.google.com...

BLACKSBURG, Virginia (AP) — Officials at Virginia Tech, site of a 2007 mass shooting, say a gunman has been reported on campus. The university issued an alert on its website at 9:37 a.m. Thursday telling students and employees to stay inside and secure doors. The alert says the gunman was reported near Dietrick Hall, a three-story dining facility. The dining hall is steps away from the dorm where the first shootings took place in the 2007 that left 33 dead. The school says on its website that three young people attending a camp at the school reported seeing a man holding what may have been a handgun. They said it was covered by a cloth or covering of some sort, and that the man was walking in the direction of the volleyball courts.

edit on 4-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

www.latimes.com...

They are all saying the same thing....the quoted text above is all i can find....the story is only 20 minutes old.
edit on 4-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just saw it on the BBC Website, Breaking now as I type this. Hope everyone is oks over there!

Virginia Tech university, the site of the 2007 shooting that killed 32 people, has been put on lockdown after the possible sighting of a gunman was reported on campus.

Virgina Tech On Lockdown
edit on 4-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Our youngest recently graduated from Tech and I had friends that were teaching when the shootings took place.
Let's hope this is another false alarm like the "guy with gun" reports at a mall nearby which turned out later to be a man carrying an umbrella.
::fingers crossed::

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I doubt students have even moved into the dorms yet so I can't imagine there being alot of people around unless this guy just has a grudge against the University itself.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The latest on MSNBC:

Virginia Tech, site of a 2007 mass shooting, issued a campus lockdown Thursday after a man with a gun was reportedly spotted on campus.

NBC affiliate WSLS confirmed that the campus siren system had been activated and all people on campus had been asked to remain indoors.

The university issued an alert on its website at 9:37 a.m. Thursday telling students and employees to stay inside and secure doors.

According to the alert, a man was reportedly spotted outside a university residence hall holding what appeared to be a handgun.

The man was described as a white make, standing 6-feet tall, wearing a blue-and-white shirt and gray shorts.

The man was reported to be near a dining center and walking toward campus volleyball courts. Officers responded to the call but have not been able to find anyone matching the description, the site said.

Lockdown at Va. Tech after gunman reportedly spotted on campus

Hasn't even made CNN yet. Please be a false alarm.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Surely a hoax. Everybody knows it's a "gun free" zone.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

It's called Summer Semester...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Originally posted by kro32

It's called Summer Semester...

Ahhh I guess that would be going on.

Good point

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
are there any live webcam feeds on Va.Tech grounds?

instead of waiting for the media to tell us what happened, we could be seeing for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why are they saying 'gunman' if it was reported that a person was spotted carrying something covered in a cloth?
Wouldn't it stand to reason that it may just be a student? Did they confront him? Did the guy make threats?

A very strange reaction.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sounds like things are calming down.

Police are still on the lookout for the alleged gunman and are questioning witnesses.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The thing is guys, I'm currently a student at Virginia Tech and to be frank, we are getting quite sick of this bs.

new topics

top topics

join