It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England And Its Words , People From England Educate Me Please .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

hahahaha
i think some of us members here
like to try and push a few buttons
see how far we can f*****g get lol
i to hate the fcbagervtbsbsbfd words lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I'll give you a clue, i dont have one.

Being "thedoctorswife" you must surely get to play with the doctors one though?

i dont think david tennants mrs or chris ecclestons mr would like it very much.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Come on some one agree with me that the american word for bum is funny

Go on, then i promise ill make my hoarelicks and go to bed like a good girl.
apologies i was slightly wrong with the word the rhymes with punt, it was considered totally acceptable in Chaucers day however Shakespeare chose to play a game with the word and used the word country with a strong emphasis on the the first sylable.

edit on 4-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Reminds me of the old English programme *Fanny by gaslight*
I cracked up every time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Our Aussie brothers and sisters also have some proper corkers as well,I would say they beat us Brits in the slang swear word department-most would probably get me banned if I posted the descriptions here,but google will explain all for those interested.

I can also confirm that "bell end" is used by many in North Wales where I live.
It is particularly popular in road rage incidents,with drivers screaming "Ya ****kin bell end!"at one another,waving fists out the window.

Ah,the joys of motoring...

What a mad thread BTW.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Reminds me of the old English programme *Fanny by gaslight*
I cracked up every time.

must have been like in the 1970s when we had all the power cuts, SO thats how babies where concieved!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Our Aussie brothers and sisters also have some proper corkers as well,I would say they beat us Brits in the slang swear word department-most would probably get me banned if I posted the descriptions here,but google will explain all for those interested.

It is particularly popular in road rage incidents,with drivers screaming "Ya ****kin bell end!"at one another,waving fists out the window.

What a mad thread BTW.
Its gonna get madder in a minute word wise, theres a word and for the life of me i cant remember what it is, i imagine the brits on here are familiar with the gavin and stacey fishing trip saga, and what happened between uncle bryn and jason on the trip (or rather no one know what happened), i read a blog where someone suggested what it was, and he warned that once the word and description was given it will be in your head for the rest of your life, and guess what, it is. It involves bottoms and liquid thats all i can (and want) to tell you. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A TRADITION OF WALES.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

You are dang right its not a tradition of Wales,thats a proper Aussie word.
Shag,now thats a Welsh word.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
lmao, I am Dutch and I didn't even know this, and I watched quite a bit of UK movies and series.

I had to search recently what a blood clot means in Jamaican so I guess we all keep learning every day.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What a mad thread BTW.
Its gonna get madder in a minute word wise, theres a word and for the life of me i cant remember what it is, i imagine the brits on here are familiar with the gavin and stacey fishing trip saga, and what happened between uncle bryn and jason on the trip (or rather no one know what happened), i read a blog where someone suggested what it was, and he warned that once the word and description was given it will be in your head for the rest of your life, and guess what, it is. It involves bottoms and liquid thats all i can (and want) to tell you. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A TRADITION OF WALES.

Felching by any chance?
Such an innocent sounding word that.
I had to explain it to my 40 year old mate a few weeks ago - Que her horrified face whilst everyone around including her hubby dissolved in hysterics when the barman handed her a drink and asked her if she wanted a straw in it.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Hoy,my Dutch friend-You should share with us some of your curse phrases,I know they are very creative in your country.
They mix swearing with diseases in Holland don't they?
For added effect/insult.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

lest not forget the
shag i smoke every day

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

lest not forget the
shag i smoke every day

yes i like fags too, much to the disdain of the children.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

What a mad thread BTW.

Felching by any chance?
Such an innocent sounding word that.
I had to explain it to my 40 year old mate a few weeks ago - Que her horrified face whilst everyone around including her hubby dissolved in hysterics when the barman handed her a drink and asked her if she wanted a straw in it.

edit on 5-8-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Thats the one suspiria, and tis true, one mentioned NEVER FORGOTTEN
I still cant imagine uncle bryn at it though. Oh man, the depths of human depravity!

edit on 5-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

No, not just London, heard people with all kinds of accents from our great nation using it. College buddy of mine loved saying it even though it eas endearing terms half the time (like when he'd walk in and call us the N word, none of us are black)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join