It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England And Its Words , People From England Educate Me Please .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello there ,
I hope you are all doing well .

Ok, so heres the story .
I was on the train today and as usual it was making all its stops when a guy got on and sat next to me .
As the train was going along i was doing my artwork and all of a sudden this guy enters the carriage from the adjoining car and starts screaming his head off towards the door where he just came through .
It wasnt that bad and he wasnt being completely out of line or anything like that but then the next stop came up and this guy got off the train and walked away . It was more strange in a funny kind of way then something serious so i didnt think anything of it .

Once the train started moving again i turned to see the guy next to me having abit of a chuckle at this crazy person , when i saw this i naturally just smiled and said "wow".
Now this is where i am hoping that someone could help me out , the guy next to me must have been a tourist or something as he had a very thick English accent allthough im not sure what part of England he was from exactly but afterwards the English guy next to me said "wow, what a bellend" to this i just gave a short laugh and went back to my artwork .

I have never heard the word "bellend" before and im just wondering if any of our members from England could let me know what it means exactly and where it comes from .

I appreciate all your help .

Omega

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

are you for real?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It refers to the end of a mans you know what...
Widely used in the UK as a derogatory term for a person.

link   
reply to post by Omega85

means, penis

link   
I am from England this is pretty funny, that there is a thread about a bellend!

We use the word 'bellend' to describe one who is being a complete dick, it is a slang term for the glans of the penis.

My apologies, I was beaten to it!
edit on 4/8/11 by GalaxyRose because: To slow.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

lol
bell end
is the term for wanker

or subtly put
Dick head
edit on 4-8-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Bell'end - The tip of the penis - The glans
Got to say it's a favourite of mine.
Anything else you need help with?

Perhaps I should rephrase that..hahaha
edit on 4-8-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
For all you Yanks, Aussies, and other blighters out there in the online, or ATS world, here is a link to a website containing English slang phrases and their meanings.

Just click the link and select either A to Z, to look up the words.

Have fun.

Learn the meanings of English slang terms.

edit on 4-8-2011 by BlackDove because: Coz im a bellend.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You may also be interested in *Rogers Profanisaurus*
www.btinternet.com...

That should keep you busy for a while.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Great site! Thanks for posting that I shall be going through that myself even though I'm English!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
quite a funny post.. Nice one..

Yeah you have your answer, I'm assuming he was from London if he used that term.. (not sure they use it in the north) But we also have other words for genitalia, which we use to "slag" someone off (insult someone)

Eg.. you Knob, knob head, dick, c**k, penis, plum (testicles) can't think of anymore right now, but we have loads...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jammoon1

Ah anytime bud, have fun with it, may even find a new word or two that im unaware of (although i doubt it).

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Oooh, and another one!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welshextremist
reply to post by Omega85

are you for real?

Contribute constructively to the thread or dont contribute at all .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else .

Ah i see , its interesting how these words and meanings change depending where you are from.
Thanks for filling me in on the subject .
Is the word all throughout England or is it used only in certain parts ?

That slang dictionary is brilliant ! thank you so much for posting it .
There are some other words and phrases that i would like clarrification on aswell so ill let you all know .
Where do these words get there start from or where did they originate , anyone know ?

Its such a strange word , i was really curious because i hadnt heard it mentioned not even once untill today .

Omega

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
That slang dictionary is brilliant ! thank you so much for posting it .
There are some other words and phrases that i would like clarrification on aswell so ill let you all know .
Where do these words get there start from or where did they originate , anyone know ?

Its such a strange word , i was really curious because i hadnt heard it mentioned not even once untill today .

Omega

I would say that bell end is pretty simple.... it looks like a bell and it's on the end of your penis?
Fire away with the other one's, us English folks have many, many slang words for everything.... especially bodily functions and sex.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I can assure you 'bellend' is a term frequented in the north, quite a bit actually. It cannot be only me!

To the poster with the profanity link
thanks, there was some I haven't heard, and I am looking for my next opportunity to use some

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
thanks for making my day i was in a crappy mood but thank you
star just for that lol we should have a english slang book. only the other day i found out that a growler is a pork pie and its ment to be a yorkshire thing and i have lived hear all my life

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
Hello there ,
I hope you are all doing well .

Ok, so heres the story .
I was on the train today and as usual it was making all its stops when a guy got on and sat next to me .
As the train was going along i was doing my artwork and all of a sudden this guy enters the carriage from the adjoining car and starts screaming his head off towards the door where he just came through .
It wasnt that bad and he wasnt being completely out of line or anything like that but then the next stop came up and this guy got off the train and walked away . It was more strange in a funny kind of way then something serious so i didnt think anything of it .

Once the train started moving again i turned to see the guy next to me having abit of a chuckle at this crazy person , when i saw this i naturally just smiled and said "wow".
Now this is where i am hoping that someone could help me out , the guy next to me must have been a tourist or something as he had a very thick English accent allthough im not sure what part of England he was from exactly but afterwards the English guy next to me said "wow, what a bellend" to this i just gave a short laugh and went back to my artwork .

I have never heard the word "bellend" before and im just wondering if any of our members from England could let me know what it means exactly and where it comes from .

I appreciate all your help .

Omega

I'll give you a clue, i dont have one.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I'll give you a clue, i dont have one.

Being "thedoctorswife" you must surely get to play with the doctors one though?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Bell'end - The tip of the penis - The glans
Got to say it's a favourite of mine.
Anything else you need help with?

Perhaps I should rephrase that..hahaha
edit on 4-8-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)
S

suspiria i would rephrase that straight away, i only mentioned having two lumps on my torso yesterday and got a clever comeback. my favourite variety of the aforementioned noun has to be the kn**head term. It is funny yet derogatory, actually, how on earth are we being allowed to use some of the swear words we have been on this thread? i think its bollockiingly disgusting.
just to add, i absolutely love the word for bum/bottom in america, gets me everytime i hear it
Oh and another thing (this is welsh verbal diarheoa, I could go on forever but i wont), i hate the f word and also the c word, people used the f word as much as they say "and" in this country. In fact, forget speeding cameras, the government should introduce a f**k police and everytime someone says it, they get fined, imagine the revenue the goverment could spend on weapons, useless NHS managers and closing schools WOW.

Just as a side not isnt the c word used in Hamlet? does that mean i can say it on here, cos shakespeare has, well not on ATS anyway, mind you knowing this site, you never know.
edit on 4-8-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join