It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Internet Explorer users dumb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Are Internet Explorer users dumb?

Are users of other Web browsers smarter than the people who use Microsoft's Internet Explorer? A new survey doesn't quite say so. But it sure as heck suggests it.

The survey by AptiQuant, a Vancouver-based Web consulting company, gave more than 100,000 participants an IQ test, while monitoring which browser they used to take the test.

The result? Internet Explorer users scored lower than average, while Chrome, Firefox and Safari users were slightly above average.

And users of the more obscure Camino and Opera browsers, as well as those using Explorer with Chrome Frame (a plug-in designed to let users view emerging HTML5 content), had what AptiQuaint called "exceptionally higher" IQ levels.

Users of Internet Explorer 6, released in 2001, scored the lowest on the tests, at just over 80. Users of Opera, the Norway-based browser, scored the highest at well over 120. (What AptiQuant called its complete results included a bar graph showing the scores, but didn't appear to have text giving the exact numbers.) IQ scores have a "population mean" of 100.

If this all smacks of a little good, old-fashioned Microsoft hate, the language the company uses in its report doesn't do much to downplay that.

Source

I found this article pretty funny as just the other day,i was winding a friend up,about still using IE,and was infact calling him a idiot for still using it...

So whether this survey is true or not, it certainly rings true with my experience of people who still use IE.

Anyway i though i share this article with you all.
edit on 4-8-2011 by TheMaverick because: poor grammer lol

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Did you use internet explorer to write this thread? Because your grammar is bad and you spelt wether (or whether) incorrectly?

just kidding

edit on 4/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
So weather

I think you mean whether

As for the article, well being an Apple fan this realllly cracks me up.

I am on a PC unfortunately and I can't stand IE. I wish I could delete it but it's like a wart it wont go away!

I like FF and Chrome and I love Safari
Chrome isnt so bad but it has shockwave issues with Windows XP and FF I can't access chat on ATS lol I wish Windows could make a browser that works ALL over the internet and doesnt have issues.

IE to me is a pain. It's slow and freezes way too much.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is pretty old news by internet standards.

And there have been a lot of threads about it, including threads calling the original story a hoax.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I recently bought an iPad, my first Apple product. I have been pleased with it so far, and I do like Safari.

I think my next computer will be a Mac, my daughter just got one, and is very happy with it.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ha Ha ...yeah just noticed the bad grammer lol ...bit of irony with the thread i started Pmsl

and also just noticed this Hoax but still,IE is crap,and anyone who does use it,has no excuse

And as for the self proclaimed thread police,its in chit chat....if it has been posted before,then i'm sorry for ruining your day.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
here you go, from one of the contributors to the story originally

www.bbc.co.uk...

A story which suggested that users of Internet Explorer have a lower IQ than people who chose other browsers appears to have been an elaborate hoax.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Makes sense, internet explorer is the default browser and people who are not so clever will not know how to install other browsers.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah and my dads bigger then your dad,get over it..

I take it your a IE user FortAnthem

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i use firefox

my mum says im sepcial

i haz to go some place sepcial aswell tomozow

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welshextremist
i use firefox

my mum says im sepcial

i haz to go some place sepcial aswell tomozow
Hmmm.
I didn't think that they had internet service in Wales.

Are you sure that you're in Wales?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

What is the difference between the browser's? Security? If so i don't believe there is a OS that can't be hacked and tracked by the government soo why all the fuss?

As for apple users.....if I had a dollar for every dumb%$$ I've seen walk into things while texting on they're Iphones I would be a much wealthier man.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Internet Explorer Story Was Bogus

and this thread you started Was Posted Here Last Week

OMG I'm so guilty of not reading a thread! I should be shot
Thanks to FortAnthem and schizoandro who already pointed this out

edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: credit where credit is due

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

you must be from new pakistan ... i mean england then

yes?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

I liked your post.

No I'm a stupid American.(but we're turning Pakistani)

My mom told me that the Welsh didn't even have phones, and that all that they did there was raise rabbits, some kind of ponies and a type of short and nasty biting dog. She also said something about sheep, but I dare not repeat it.

edit on 4-8-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

haha no

the only thing we are really missing is some decent grub and some decent trains

apart from that we are up to speed with western civilisation.. if you can call us civilised
edit on 4/8/2011 by Welshextremist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah and my dads bigger then your dad,get over it..

I take it your a IE user FortAnthem

Nah, I switched to Firefox months ago because IE kept booting me off ATS saying the page could not be found. :bnghd:

Haven't had the problem since.

new topics

top topics

join