It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA suing to stop effort to curb illegal gun flow from US to Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
That's some interesting spin right there.

The ATF sells guns to cartels. The ATF forces FFL's to break the law to get these guns to the cartels. The ATF gets in the way of the DEA and permits these guns to go to the cartels.

Then Obama pushes through an executive order forcing FFL's on the border to report anyone who buys two or more rifles (something which I thought had been rescinded but I guess not) and the NRA jumps in and says "hey, that's not constitutional or even proper to assault law -abiding citizens like that" and all of a sudden we get "NRA suing to maintain illegal gun trade."

Really? REALLY?

So while the NRA tries to prevent smart gun regulation in the name of some false narrative that the government wants to do away with the Second Amendment, it seems unfazed by illegal guns fueling the violent drug war in Mexico and on the U.S. border.
Thinkprogress

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
they're desperately trying to spin fast and furious but it's only digging themselves a deeper hole, as for the NRA I don't really trust them but that headline sounds like some type of major spin.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The NRA is trying to protect the rights of the American people. I do not always agree with their polotics but gun rights is what they are all about. So, it appears that the big honcho's at the top are trying to cover their arses and the NRA will end up taking one on the chin to voice concern for the collective rights of Americans. Definitely spin and who's to say the two aren't in cahoots but the NRA protects its image (whether its legit or not) by playing both sides.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

That they do. The NRA are who so lovingly gave us the 1934 and 1968 GCA's only to come back in the 80's and throw the people a scrap and later sat on their hands while Clinton ran with his AWB.

I dont trust them. And this theory of them working with the ATF and the administration to push along an even greater agenda wouldnt surprise me if true.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Funny, but I didn’t read anything in the StinkProgress piece about how the Feds were surveying straw purchasers and allowing them to smuggle the weapons back to Mexico. Weapons later linked to hundreds of crimes and dozens of murders including the death of a border control agent. I guess they just didn’t think that was relevant, huh?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Zippidee

That they do. The NRA are who so lovingly gave us the 1934 and 1968 GCA's only to come back in the 80's and throw the people a scrap and later sat on their hands while Clinton ran with his AWB.

I dont trust them. And this theory of them working with the ATF and the administration to push along an even greater agenda wouldnt surprise me if true.

What would this greater agenda be?

Not sure where your going with that.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

What would this greater agenda be?

Not sure where your going with that.

The most obvious would be maintaining control, power, and money.

Just like Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the tragedy pimps who seem to do anything they can to perpetuate any perceived injustices rather than seek out solutions so they can maintain their status and funding.

The NRA isnt any different. Nor is the AARP or any other national organization.

There comes a point when your group grows beyond the cause and simply exists to ensure the life of that group. Just about every union across the country is in the same boat. The cause is either dead, moot or purposefully perpetuated and maintaining the status becomes the primary goal.

top topics

join