It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contagion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Contagion

I thought ATSers might be interested in this movie.

I like movies like this, it means job security for me XD

The movie is due out next month.

Here is a description of the movie from wiki:

Contagion is an upcoming action thriller film centered on the threat posed by a deadly disease and an international team of doctors contracted by the CDC to deal with the outbreak. The film is directed by Steven Soderbergh, and stars Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Demetri Martin, Marion Cotillard, Laurence Fishburne, and Sanaa Lathan.[1] The film is set to release in both conventional and IMAX theaters on September 9, 2011.

wiki

If anyone gets to see a preview or whatever, lemme know how it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You had me at Jude Law.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

hi op going by the director
sounds like it will be good
a step up from outbreak

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I haven't seen outbreak in a long time. I wonder how this will differ.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Just watched this movie, and although I didn't enjoy the movie, it did serve one very important purpose!!

My wife, and the girl who rents our upstairs both left the movie wanting to get prepared! They don't want to be struggling and fighting for MRE's when disaster strikes. They don't want to be helpless and unarmed in their homes. They don't want to be reliant on authorities to protect them.

So, I took the opportunity to educate them both on our 6 month supply of rations, our weapons, and our ammunition, and why our well water is important, and on how we could secure the home. We got to talk about the first few steps in an emergency, and the follow up steps as time marched on!

For all you survivalists that don't have complete buy-in from your family, watch Contagion with them!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I liked some of it, but overall I was very underwhelmed. It just seemed like it never got to a level of excitement that a movie should.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbreaker

Exactly, and usually, I love these kinds of flicks.

Also, the whole chain of events leading to the outbreak was kind of silly.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, the idea that a bat bit a banana, and a hog ate it, and a chef touched the hog, and shook a hand, and 26 million people died is pretty far-fetched. The movie also left out a lot of other places it could have developed, like when they were fighting over MRE's, and then it just dropped the issue, and when the neighbors were burglarized and killed, but it never happened to his house, and why was the stepson's death such an unemotional event?

Pretty sorry movie, but like I said, it served a valuable purpose in getting buy-in from the women in my house that now want to be prepared!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, I took the opportunity to educate them both on our 6 month supply of rations, our weapons, and our ammunition, and why our well water is important, and on how we could secure the home.

Great. Now all they need is a Colt Python, then they can just take your stuff.

Watched the movie Saturday night. My wife and I both agree, it was similar to the first 20 pages of The Stand, only not as compelling.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's an interesting by-product... SHTF scenario planning is actually a good idea, as many of the same things (stocking up on tools, supplies, etc.) could help in any number of scenarios, from a planet-wide epidemic, to a zombie apocalypse!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I always figured I'd go out at the hands of a woman!
Honestly, I didn't think it would take this long.

Funny, the movie was out a while ago, but we are just getting around to seeing it, and now I see why. Kind of a yawner.

top topics

join