It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed Prophecies and predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Many people easily believe every prophecy/prediction they hear. They easily forget prophecies that never happend. Goal of this topic is to remind you of failed prophecies and give you better understandig about reliability of those! This is the list of prophecies that failed to fulfill, but were considered serious at their time.

21st century:

05.21.2011. - "Jugdement day" the day that God will destroy the world because of the sins of mankind. by Harold Egbert Camping (reliability 0%) LINK

05.11.2011. - devastating earthquake in Rome by Raffaela Bendandi (reliability 50%) LINK

11.XX.2010. - the start of World War III that will end in 2014. Will start as a normal war, then will include usage of nuclear and chemical weapons. by Baba Vanga (80 %) LINK

12.14.2010. a missile launch that would mark the start of World War III. by Web bot (reliability 50%) LINK

2009. - beginning of the complete collapse of the U.S. dollar. by Web bot (reliability 50%) LINK

20th century:

"the year 2000 will not arrive without the end of times, as I saw in the divine light." by Jeanne de la Royer

1999. - End of the world. by many LINK

• 1999. - "storms of fire" to destroy Paris

( Prophecy known after 1730, probably of Irish origin. "There is a fabulous city, far, called Paris. Their inhabitants are the most corrupted people in the face of the earth. (...) But in a certain day in the year made of ones and nines (1999), storms of fire will destroy the immense capital.")
    by unknown

1960. - Russian domination. by Sister Elena Leonardi Aiello LINK

19XX. - Three World Wars to happen in 20th century. by Matthias Stormberger (reliability 90%) LINK

If you know any prophecy that was not on this list please post as reply so I can add it to the list. Thank You!

edit on 4/8/2011 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Fichorka

You should have included failed prophecies and predictions made by ATS members

That would have kept you busy for a few days!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

05.11.2011. - devastating earthquake in Rome by Raffaela Bendandi (reliability 50%) LINK , [even has a countdown timer for it]. lol

This one has been bumped up to Aug. 17, 2011 now.

Guess will see.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

You should have included failed prophecies and predictions made by ATS members

That would have kept you busy for a few days!
Would not fit on the list!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

These are not failed predictions - they just haven't happened yet:

1) Imminent collapse of the Global Economy
2) Collapse of the Dollar
3) Israel and Iran conflict
4) WW3
5) Geomagnetic storm to disrupt/shut down the world's electric communications, power supply, computers, tv, etc.
6) Asteroid Impact = Extinction Level Event
7) Supervolcano eruption (Yellowstone)
8) Island's of Cumbre Vieja landslide triggering 2000m (2km) high waves travelling across the Atlantic.

Ofcourse, no one can really predict when these events will happen, but they will happen in due time - theres no doubt about that.
edit on 4-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I often wonder if the prophesy was valid after the fact.

If one voice drew the attention of many, would it alter the reasult?

If a tree fell in the forest.would you hear it? Let alone care about it?

Just my take on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wonder how these people come up with specific dates? I mean, I dream all the time and only so often do I realize the dream came true, but there was no way of knowing a specific date and time for them to occur, and I cant even compute the proper percentage of dreams that come to pass, since I don't write them down..and I only remember the ones that did come to pass.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
After a long night of drinking and smoking weed. I had a dream, that dream showed me that we will all die. Some will die in a earthquake, some in a mudslide, others from flooding, and a great many die from car crashes, while others will die from cancer given to them from the sun. The worst one of them all, I seen people die from old age. I know, I know most predictions don't come true but I think I'm having a vision from God. So plz be forwarned. Never say no one ever warned you.... Because I did!

top topics

join