It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

levitation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i was wondering...if someone can levitate, shouldnt they move when they are in the air? the earth rotates, and if you "float" in one spot, shouldnt we move away? also, could this work in a helicopter? it can stay in the air for a long time hovering. why is this?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well, I don't know the physics behind it, but I know that when I jump in the air I tend to land where I started.

With levitation I would tend to think that subconciously you would take in to consideration the rotation as you might wind conditions.

Thats if you believe in levitation at all, can't say as I've come across any proof.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
ok heres how gravity works livation or antigravity or even time travel willNOT be affected in lousing your place on earth!
Think of a hot air bollon it goes u and has NO controls except making it hotter or cooler to go higher or lower and the only Thing that moves it is the wind . If it is dead calm it sits in place in the air.
The bollon or plane or ship or car or what ever craft you can immange is PART of earth and will remain PART of earth untill it is no longer effected by earths gravity . In order to no longer be effected by earths gravity the craft must be going 2100 mph or so this is excape speed and thing less and once you stop back down you go no matter if your a million miles up.
yep go a million miles straght UP at 500 mph and pass the MOON and stop and you will start to fall BACK to earth because you havent going fast enouch to excape earths gravity .Rember the earths gravity is why the moon is there to bigin with.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That doesn't sound quite right.

Surely it's relative to the distance you are from the Earth.

Why don't geostaionary satellites fall down then?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You don't land somewhere else because when you jump (or, levitate, in this instance
), you are already going as fast as the planet, therefore you will be synchronous with it as you land.

Now, if somehow you stopped yourself to absolutely "0", you'd find that everything moves bloody fast and you'd be out in space in an instant.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
when you jump you land at hte same point in the earth from where you have jumped, however, if we left behind an "earth" conception, and look through a universal perspective, we cannot say you're at the same point in the universe at the moment you land. this is related to gravity field surrounding earth and to your own body density.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Why don't geostaionary satellites fall down then?

They don't "fall" because they are in a balance of speed and distance. Any slower and earth's gravity grabs them and they crash, any faster and they shoot off into space. Or at least into a useless orbit.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here is some physics.....this is simple I learned this in Grade 11 physics....and I even failed the class.

try this experiment....

While driving 60 MPH, drop an orange out the window. Now just beacuse it is not par of the car now, does not mean it just stops. It keeps moving at the same speed of the car, 60MPH, untill friction of the road stops it.

I forget who's law it is (maybe Newton's):
"An object in motion stays in motion, unles countered by an opposing force."

Try jumping of a 30foot diving board, you land directly below where you jumped from.

Now that I have prooved why I failed grade 11 physics, I will shut up.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
as long as you are inside of the earths gravitational field you will always land in the same spot. I know it was said before but i jsut decided to say it in english
does anyone know what you are supposed to do to levitate?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Or, to ask an even simpler question-

If people can levitate, why isn't it captured on video for all of us to see?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estrella
Or, to ask an even simpler question-

If people can levitate, why isn't it captured on video for all of us to see?
because it would be a waste because everyone would say it is fake and those that believe it would pester the person to teach them.

new topics

top topics

join