It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was bible god growing the forbidden fruit for?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by racasan

The forbidden fruit was put into place to teach man laws, rules. we are given everything on the planet just don't touch this one thing. We are given free will to decide for ourselves if we listen to God or not. It is a ying and yang situation, we are offered a choice do as the creator tells us or do as we choose, which one do we decide? And I`m thinking us humans keep making our own choices. Look at the world today, chaos, famine, droughts, floods, the list is endless. In todays times, people want everything, think about it, we keep taking more then we need.

This logic has always baffled me.... As someone stated earlier Adam and Eve didn't have knowledge of the right/wrong, good/evil, paradox which one needs to grasp to obey laws.... in other words they couldn't have known that disobeying the good God was the bad thing to do, verses not listening to the evil serpent was the good thing to do, because they had no concept of this.... so, how in the world could the tree have been put there to teach them this when it is quite obvious that God did not want them to have this knowledge?.
edit on 4-8-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Garden of Eden – tree of knowledge of good and evil & tree of life

Who was bible god growing them for?

To understand this, read the Apocryphon of John; or better yet, it is unveiled on this thread: Revelations: the secret of life, as revealed to John by the only-begotten Light

Peace be with you!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Olise

can you give me an idea of what i'm supposed to be looking for in the thread?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

do not make the mistake of taking everything written by man literally in the books complied & known today as "Helios Bibios"..

much comes in the form of a Metaphor, and even then makes use of Double entendre's.

What man of sense will agree with the statement the first, second and third days in which the evening is named and the morning, were without sun, moon and stars and the first day without a heaven? What man is found such an idiot as to suppose that God planted trees in Paradise, in Eden, like a husbandman? I believe that every man must hold these things for images, under which the hidden sense lies concealed. ~ Origen Adamantius, 184/5–253/4

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c16f95a0446.jpg[/atsimg]

that being said..

Garden of Eden – tree of knowledge of good and evil & tree of life Who was bible god growing them for?

short answer ... no one..

long answer.. everyone..

'___'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16ec5565574a.jpg[/atsimg]

Google Video Link

edit on 4-8-2011 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by reeferman because: video url's...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

the word adam meant man as in human. Eve meant garden or special place, not woman.

furthermore, Moses wrote genesis based upon his EGYPTIAN education. Basically he ripped it off, changed a few names, and created a whole sham in order to become a man who was treated like a quasi-king & pope type fellow.

All the stories he wrote are copies of Ang-the bull God.. as in angel, etc..

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Garden of Eden – tree of knowledge of good and evil & tree of life

Who was bible god growing them for?

Ahhhh... Now you realize that the Bible uses symbols and metaphors to hide its true meaning. Now maybe all those "silly" stories aren't so silly, but merely misunderstood... Perhaps the entire message isn't even what is taught everyday in churches. Perhaps its not "religion" or "The Bible" that is rediculous, but the many people who fail to look for the deeper meanings within and instead go by whatever the local minister tells them. A lot of questions. One thing is for certain... the Bible has yet to give up all her secrets. I surely wouldn't dismiss it as quickly as many seem to. On the surface, its appearance would have any critically thinking person running the other way... But maybe that was its intention. It could be that only Deeply thinking people were meant to grasp its meaning. Humble people. Open minded people. Gods people could be a type of people favored because of their patience and attention to detail and compassion. Like I said, a lot of questions. I'm not close to figuring it all out. It could be designed in such a way that there is a different answer for everyone. Or no answer, only a path. A journey. They say the quest is more important than the destination..?

As for your question, and my opinion as to what would constitute an answer that makes sense for me personally... I think that the tree of knowledge of good and evil was not an actual tree, so it was not actually grown. I think that the serpent could have been an alien, as were the "gods" mentioned. Oh yeah, that part of your question is kinda wrong. It should be rephrased with god as a plural form, "gods". You should try actually reading the bible and coming up with your own theories. I know I was astounded at age 12 or 13 to read in the bible "lest man eat from the tree of life and live forever as us gods" or something to that effect. Gods? Wow, what gods? I was always taught there was only one god... Makes me wonder what they're teaching in Sunday school and in church. I need to do some more research myself but it seems man was created TWICE in the beginning of the bible... And not only that but there are two gods... Anyway, your question is a complicated one. And I'm sorry if I did nothing to satisfy your curiosity, but I tried!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

I like your idea

I recently came across the idea that early hominids following the herds on the African savannah would find and eat psilocybin mushrooms growing in the trail left behind – its possible that the mind expanding mushrooms experiences put these hominids on the path to sentience

And there’s john allegro’s “sacred mushroom and the cross” and also when we discover lost tribes in the Amazon for example, they always have some kind of shamanistic practice involving entheogenic plants of some kind

Now I’m wondering how it’s possible to get from shamanism to modern christianity?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The forbidden fruit of the tree of good and evil is a metaphor for a test. Adam and Eve is a metaphor for every human who has ever lived on this earth. All human beings have undergone, and failed this test. If we had passed the test, we would never have had to experience existence as a being in a physical body in a physical universe. Instead we would have proved our worthiness to continue our advancement in the purely spiritual realm in which we truely belong.

I have explained this in a previous post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

Before anybody takes a test they are usually trained or instructed in some way, the test is only to see if the student has understood and the material has been learned

So my question is what training or instruction did A&E or you me or anybody get from bible god?

also if bible god is all knowing then he wouldn’t have to perform a test – he would only need to test something if he had incomplete knowledge about what is tested– that would make bible god not all knowing

or that he doesn’t understand what he has created

and if you say bible god is all knowing and he did the test any way then considering the consequences of falling the test that would make bible god a jerk

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Thanks for the vids, im just watching them now – but I’m very dubious (Jew buy us?) about these things that take a word and then torture it like the Spanish (as in span or to make a bridge between one random idea and another random idea) inquisition it until it confesses to anything

Having said that
Someone would have to be dead from the neck up not to know that Jesus (gee it’s Zeus) is a personification of the sun

Or
That our civilization has its roots in the Egyptian civilization that existed in the age of Taurus (about 4300 BC ended ca. 2150 BC.)
en.wikipedia.org...

and so we still have some of it symbols still in use today

edit on 5-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

The test wasn't about God. It was about that particular entity attempting to advance along the eternal order of progression. Call it a necessary bit of quality assurance.

As far as training goes, all entities having reached the stage of the test of the sexes, have gained experience in ALL levels of nature. What people refer to and understand as the Soul is as far as any entity can advance on the nature side of the universe. (Thats where we are now).
The next stage of advancement is to the intelligent, or spiritual side of the universe. This is where the test comes in. So as you can see, all entities come to this test with a vast amount of knowledge and experience at their disposal.

The purpose of the test is to understand exactly WHAT you are. To fail the test means to continue to reincarnate.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

Well then the word test is wrong – you must mean lesson?

And while I find your ideas interesting I don’t see where the bible or the Garden of Eden fit in to any of this?

You seem to be describing an on going process, something evolutionary – for the christians the apple/fall/Eden thing is seen as a disaster and as something only an outside agent can fix

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by triune

Well then the word test is wrong – you must mean lesson?

And while I find your ideas interesting I don’t see where the bible or the Garden of Eden fit in to any of this?

You seem to be describing an on going process, something evolutionary – for the christians the apple/fall/Eden thing is seen as a disaster and as something only an outside agent can fix

No, I mean test. If the entity has learned from its experiences in nature, it will understand 'what' it is. It will know that having transcended nature, it is no longer a duality (male or female) but a fully balanced unit, asexual, and must see itself as such or fall back into nature.

This is the bible story of Adam and Eve. Adam being the perfectly balanced unit. The test, being divided into the male and female parts (Adam and Eve) and still seeing themselves as 'one', not two separate beings.

The garden of Eden being the spiritual realm of the perfectly balanced, asexual,immortal units.

And yes, I think it could be called a disaster. When you think of the suffering of mankind through the ages because of the original sin ( by 'sin' is meant a spiritual mistake) made by each and every entity who failed the test and desended into nature being born into a human physical body.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by icepack

Well ok but what’s it a metaphor of?

Knowledge. That's all. No need to get complicated with this. We always get worked up over the details. It's just like the flood story. We get all worked up over the "fact" that the animals couldn't have fit or there isn't enough water on earth to flood the whole globe, yada yada yada. That's not the point. There was a flood. We remember it via mythology. Concentrate on the flood and you can discover some interesting things, like the fact that global warming caused an ice dam at Hudson Bay to break and caused the sea level to rise 60 feet. A flood, that's all, 12,000 years ago.

What has 'knowledge' done for us compared to, say, the animals? we have to work for a living. We've got some cool technology, and some very uncool weaponry. It doesn't have anything to do with tests or God's will. Once we 'ate from the tree of knowledge' we became self-aware. We can't go back home again.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

Well I still don’t see how the text in genesis supports your view?

The text does seem to support the idea that one of the biblical god(s) is in fact evil and talking snake was good:

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Assuming that the word god is a job title then in Genesis 1 god (no name) makes every thing including man and woman

In Genesis 2 the >LORD< God makes A&E and the text says A&E had no knowledge of good and evil, which is as good a definition of Psychopathic as you can find

The >LORD< God only gets upset when A&E are cured of their Psychopathic problems because of the talking snake telling them to eat the magical fruit

So if you’re going to insist that your ideas are the correct reading of genesis then please provide text from the bible to prove your case

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yes but its not just (general) knowledge is it?

It’s the specific knowledge of good and evil

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Well OP, you asked the original question. You also appear to have definte ideas about the subject. Perhaps you could share your point of view and we can debate the issue from there.

You seem to be having trouble separating the metaphore from the literal. I personally view the Bible a bit like an owners manual for a lawn mower. It gives you the basic understanding. But if you want to know how to take it apart and put it back together, you need the full workshop manual.

If you have a desire for knowledge about the human condition, where you come from, what you are, where you are going, what happens when you die etc, then you can do no better than read the works of a brilliant man, Harold Waldwin Percival.

His works are available for download for free at the below link.
www.thewordfoundation.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

I’m not unsympathetic to the idea that life is a learning experience

What I don’t see is how you get from genesis to the ideas you have expressed here?

Your ideas don’t fit into the mainstream christian dogma and I suspect that if you where unaware of the bible and someone gave you a copy today you would dismiss it as easily as you would any other myth

As for my views I think the bible is fiction but even working inside the logic of that fiction, christianity still makes no sense, the fall/forbidden fruit thingy is the wobbly leg the whole non-sense of christianity stands on and the purpose of this thread was to examine that fact

Ps. Thanks for the book I will take a look

edit on 6-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by racasan

The forbidden fruit was put into place to teach man laws, rules. we are given everything on the planet just don't touch this one thing. We are given free will to decide for ourselves if we listen to God or not. It is a ying and yang situation, we are offered a choice do as the creator tells us or do as we choose, which one do we decide? And I`m thinking us humans keep making our own choices. Look at the world today, chaos, famine, droughts, floods, the list is endless. In todays times, people want everything, think about it, we keep taking more then we need.

It appears, that you're basically defending a pro-authoritarian position, presented as an axiom.

"It's 'good', because it's 'god' what did it, so it must be 'good" is what I read here. Correct me, if I have misinterpretated you.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

You wrote:

["As for my views I think the bible is fiction but even working inside the logic of that fiction, christianity still makes no sense, the fall/forbidden fruit thingy is the wobbly leg the whole non-sense of christianity stands on and the purpose of this thread was to examine that fact"]

It's my experience, that it's practically impossible to get anything across the deep-rooted barrier of the self-contained and self-reinforcing mindset-bubble of the strong believer.

Critic: "But it's a circle-argument".

Theist: "No problem. I'll just upgrade it to be a more complex circle-argument, so you eventually will become confused or tire from semantic games".

<< 1   >>

join