It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when we die? Near-death survivors describe life on the other side.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

One of my favourite subjects in the Daily Mail today. I've had one or two experiences myself that fits in with this stuff. How many ATS members have a story?

When I was about 12 I got into trouble at the pool when I tried to swim a breadth before I could swim. I went under the water choking and gurgling and immediately I was beside myself looking on in bewilderment.
edit on 4-8-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
search up '___' your brain emits large amounts of it right before death. VERY VERY VERY interesting.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I was pronounced dead when I had my lung collapse, came back, nothing happened. No light at the end of the tunnel. I don't remember anything anyways. I only remember what happened from what my dad told me.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
search up '___' your brain emits large amounts of it right before death. VERY VERY VERY interesting.

That doesn't explain how In a hospital study into OBE'S, obscure items were left on top of cabinets or high shelves in an operating room. After the operation patients that claimed to have outer body experiences were asked did they see any object on top of the cabinet or shelf.. I don't know the exact figures but there were patients that were spot on..

I'll try and find a link..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Salvia divinorum, legal stuff here in tx, shows you interesting things too. Research that too, seriously

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

actually that is a myth that the body produces '___' after death

just like the myth we only use 20 percent of our brain

old wives tales

edit on 4/8/2011 by Welshextremist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by Manhater

I have died twice. And nothing happened. One time I didn't see it coming and don't remember squat, but the second time was a whole different story!

Was the most profound and odd experience of my life, but nothing supernatural. I would love to go into details but I'm mobile and typing on this sucks.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Welshextremist

after death? what? no one said that.

before death my friend.

'___' is named the spirit molecule for its unkown properties. why am i getting attacked while having words get put in my mouth. outter body experiences doesnt cancel out the fact our brains excret huge amounts of '___' before death. AS WELL as sleep

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

please tell us

your typing is fine

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

While '___' is produced in the body there is no proof at all that it is responsible for dreaming or NDEs. It's not even proven to be produced in the pineal gland at all. It is an assumption that most people think is scientific fact.

www.erowid.org...

www.erowid.org...

Both articles list reputable sources and studies for their conclusions

"And although Strassman clearly states that his ideas about '___' and the pineal gland "are not proven"2, many people have accepted them as fact. As of June 2010, there is currently no scientific evidence that the pineal gland produces '___', much less any evidence for the more far-out speculations that Strassman makes about '___' being a chemical modulator of the human soul."

BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM RICK STRASSMAN HIMSELF AUTHOR OF THE SPIRIT MOLECULE :

""We don't know whether '___' is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary '___' rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether '___' rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state."

edit on 8/4/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
There are nasty NDEs too, some suspect they aren't reported as much because the content is too personal for the experiencer.

I wonder, if it could be proved or if the researchers all agreed "there really is something very strange here" would people change the way they live and behave towards others?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

That doesn't explain how In a hospital study into OBE'S, obscure items were left on top of cabinets or high shelves in an operating room. After the operation patients that claimed to have outer body experiences were asked did they see any object on top of the cabinet or shelf.. I don't know the exact figures but there were patients that were spot on..

Is it Pams case?

Here is another.
You can chalk these experiences up to '___' if you want to but I wouldn't be so fast to do that.

edit on 4-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Personally I have had an NDE. There were no doctors around, there was only me and my mom. I remember it very clearly.

I remember lying down after taking a valium. The next thing I know, I'm standing off to the side of the room and even watch my mom enter the room and sit down to watch the movie I fell asleep with. I then looked out the window and was suddenly outside. I felt myself being guided upwards. No idea where I was going but the feeling was unexplainable. It felt like butterflies, an orgasm and a heightened vibration all at the same time. I know it sounds kinda funny, but that's the only way I can describe it... anyway.

I remember looking all around as I went upwards, thinking about everyone I knew and what I was leaving behind. I was very aware that I was dead and that I wasn't coming back. The next thing I know, I got an impression similar to 'you stay!' and, like a force hit me, I was sent directly back to my body. My heart hit my chest so hard it was painful and I knew it had stopped.

I slowly woke up and I cried. Not because I had died, but because I wanted to go back. I spent the next 2 months looking for reasons to die. I tried to overdose on medication - since slicing my wrists I would be wide awake for and rather die peacefully.

Either rate, I'm still here lol - I am beginning to think I took 2 valium instead of one and actually overdosed.

Either way, I know that my time here is not up. I am 'not allowed to die' yet. Ain't that quaint.

ETA: I did NOT see any god being in any which way or form. I saw beings of light (I only call them this because i dunno what else to call them lol). They glowed a slight yellow and milled around watching me as I ascended.
edit on 4-8-2011 by SpiritualStar because: No god present.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All of thee NDE survivors say that God is love so my guess is that we are supposed to hold that loving energy while on this Earth...

As for the Negative NDE I think those were created out of fear.

It's interesting to note that Christians see Jesus, Muslims see Muhammad, Hindu's see Kali.... They all see THEIR God(s) when they are having an NDE so i think it's just energy being translated for that particular person's beliefs, and as for the people that see hell, I think they have guilt or something within them...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I guess we won't know until it's our time. But seeing this post, I wanted to share the following from the book He Walked The Americas ...

"”When the University of Oklahoma was digging the Spiro Mound, they found mush pottery showing winged beings singing, and also the hand with the cross through the palm. To them, He was known as Chee-Zoos, the Dawn God, and they whisper of Him about the campfires when no white man can listen. To quote the book, "The love they bear Him is beyond measurement, for well they know He watches over them, and that when their journey here is over, He will meet them in the Land of Shadows, for such was His sacred promise.

“They smoke the Sacred Peace Pipe in His memory, and blow the smoke to the four directions, knowing that to each man comes his retribution, no matter how flows the river of history. Thus in great pride walks the Red Man, even though now dire poverty stalks him and starvation or hunger sits at his table. In the mask like calm of his expression there smiles a secret satisfaction, a something which to puzzled white men is entirely beyond understanding.". www.wolflodge.org...

Yes, correct, Jesus Christ is in nearly all of the legends of the North American Indian tribes. And South American too. I hope that the above will give anybody belief that what He promised was true.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
I guess we won't know until it's our time. But seeing this post, I wanted to share the following from the book He Walked The Americas ...

"”When the University of Oklahoma was digging the Spiro Mound, they found mush pottery showing winged beings singing, and also the hand with the cross through the palm. To them, He was known as Chee-Zoos, the Dawn God, and they whisper of Him about the campfires when no white man can listen. To quote the book, "The love they bear Him is beyond measurement, for well they know He watches over them, and that when their journey here is over, He will meet them in the Land of Shadows, for such was His sacred promise.

“They smoke the Sacred Peace Pipe in His memory, and blow the smoke to the four directions, knowing that to each man comes his retribution, no matter how flows the river of history. Thus in great pride walks the Red Man, even though now dire poverty stalks him and starvation or hunger sits at his table. In the mask like calm of his expression there smiles a secret satisfaction, a something which to puzzled white men is entirely beyond understanding.". www.wolflodge.org...

Yes, correct, Jesus Christ is in nearly all of the legends of the North American Indian tribes. And South American too. I hope that the above will give anybody belief that what He promised was true.

Absolutely amazing! Stupendous!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I actually cried reading the excerpts at that link.
The reason? Six months ago, at age 44, I felt the need to reconcile with God. I chose Christianity because of the commandments have always felt right to me. Anyways, I asked Jesus two nights ago about Christianity's teaching about it's the only path to Heaven. I actually asked "surely tribes and such, away from the main churches, would go to Heaven if the believed in God but not necessarily Christ, wouldn't they?" Today, whilst researching another subject entirely, I came across a link to this book. I now truly believe that he went everywhere, some different names possibly (?).

Anyways, I thought that inspirational for the subject of this thread. Thanks for posting it OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
reply to post by 547000

I actually cried reading the excerpts at that link.
The reason? Six months ago, at age 44, I felt the need to reconcile with God. I chose Christianity because of the commandments have always felt right to me. Anyways, I asked Jesus two nights ago about Christianity's teaching about it's the only path to Heaven. I actually asked "surely tribes and such, away from the main churches, would go to Heaven if the believed in God but not necessarily Christ, wouldn't they?" Today, whilst researching another subject entirely, I came across a link to this book. I now truly believe that he went everywhere, some different names possibly (?).

Anyways, I thought that inspirational for the subject of this thread. Thanks for posting it OP.

Really gives one hope when He said not all who call Him Lord will go to heaven, but those who do His Father's will.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Well, I for one believe that there is a lot more to this chemical than we are aware of. Just because a chemical get released in your brain doesn't make it any less of a higher dimension that you travel to. And in higher dimensions, death is not present.

I think '___' opens a door-way to a higher dimension that we are already all a part of. Death is just the end of a 3rd dimensional experience that doesn't mean it's the end of a higher dimensional experience. So '___' is released onto the brain before death as a means for transition.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I think '___' opens a door-way to a higher dimension that we are already all a part of. Death is just the end of a 3rd dimensional experience that doesn't mean it's the end of a higher dimensional experience. So '___' is released onto the brain before death as a means for transition.

That's certainly a valid theory. When I did some serious scientific experiments with hallucinogenics in my late teens I was convinced that the things I was seeing were really there, that the drugs were not the cause of hallucinations but rather, allowing me to see them.
edit on 4-8-2011 by wigit because: speling misteaks

new topics

top topics

join